5.28.2012

Stars & Stripes

There are thousands like me,
Thousands more who are gone,
But their legacy lives as time marches on.
White crosses in rows,
And names carved in queue,
Remind us of what these brave souls had to do.

I’m part of a fellowship,
A strong mighty band,
Of each man and each woman,
Who has served this great land.
And when old glory waves,
I stand proud,
I stand tall,
I helped keep her flying over you, over all,
I am a veteran.
~Angela C. Brett


 For some people, today is just another day off of work...for others it's a day of incredible loss and reflection. I just wanted to take this time to thank soldiers, past and present, for their service and for all of the sacrifices they have made. I wouldn't be a true Texan if I didn't post this song on this occasion:



I thank God for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly
Let it ring

Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives
So we don't have to sacrifice
All the things we love
~Zac Brown Band

If you think freedom is free, you better think again! 

This blog is possible because of the blood, sweat, and tears of the servicemen and women who fought to uphold and defend the Constitution. I am eternally grateful!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Obscure, from the bottom of my heart. My father and my brother served in the military, and are veterans of war. Thank you for recognizing them, and all the others! God bless you.

    signed: getrealpeople

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could give you a hug right now, I would! Thanks again!!

      You are truly a good person, you are the only one who dared go against the people accusing Justin of murdering his child. I admire you for that. I didn't have the nerve to do it!

      You are a very special person!! (I hope you know that :)

      signed: getrealpeople

      Delete
    2. You're welcome and thank you for this comment!

      Delete
    3. Thank you. We are a military family as well, and have the deepest respect for all that has been sacrificed.

      Thank you, Thank you, thank you... all families past and present for your service.

      Delete
  2. <3 very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so mmuch Obscure.
    My sweet Vet appreciates it, I know all Vets do.
    Their service and sacrifices will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Obscure ! Thank you Soldiers ! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selena Johnson5/28/12, 8:07 PM

    Thank you, Obscure.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to those who have served, those who serve and those who will and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to that! Thank you to all those who have served and continue to do so. Your strength and courage is what holds this country together. We greatly appreciate all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss my boyfriend, but thank him as much as possible for his service. God i miss him, deployments are hard

    ReplyDelete

ALL comments subject to removal. MODERATION becomes necessary when ignorance shows up. Don't be that person!