5.25.2012

Compare & Contrast

What does Trista NOT have in common with the parents/family members of these missing children? Granted, every situation is different, it still may strike one as weird that a "mother" would give up after 5 short months. Some hold on for decades...some have said that because we believe Ayla is alive, we are "blind", "cultists", "stupid", or "ignoring the evidence". Hmmm...what does one have to lose by holding out HOPE? It's easy to give up, and it's easy to ride on a bandwagon...



Lindsey Baum vanished while walking home from a friend's house on June 26, 2009, in the small town of McCleary in Grays Harbor County. The search for her continues. In the 730 days since then, Lindsey's mom has seen her life turned upside down. But she has not lost hope that her daughter will one day return.



Almost a year after 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach, S.C, the mother of the missing girl says she's not giving up hope - and she's not at all happy with South Carolina police. Dawn Drexel told CBS News' Crimesider Tuesday she won't stop looking for her daughter, and says she is "appalled" police are now saying they believe Brittanee is dead, even though "they don't have a body or remains."



18 years ago Toledo's Jamel Williams went missing.  Police say he was taken from his East Toledo home. "From this day I always wonder what happened to him where is he does he remember me?" said The boys mother Kelly Thomas. Thomas has not given up hope her son will be found. "I have given a sample of my DNA that way if they ever found a child or found something at least they'll have my sample of DNA to match it," said Kelly Thomas. 




The last time Tony Franko was seen or heard from was May 8, 1983. Deputies say he was likely abducted and killed. But his mom said she feels in her heart that he is still alive, mostly because his body has never been found while so much time has passed.




Michaela Garecht was just nine years old when she went out for a trip to a local store with a friend. Someone grabbed her and drove away in a car. She has not been seen since. The date was Nov. 19, 1988. Michaela's mom Sharon Murch said the last 23 years have been a roller coaster with several leads that turned out to be nothing."I have found that giving up that hope is something I don’t really want. I want her to come home alive," Murch said.




Jocelyn Jennings Nelson hasn't seen her grandson, Amir Jennings, since late November, but that doesn't mean she's giving up hope. She believes the little boy is still alive despite the fact he hasn't been seen in months. "I believe in my heart that he is alive and that he is receiving the things that he needs," said Nelson. "This is the only vehicle that will free me of my hopelessness and my desperation."




Tanya Skelton, the mother of three Morenci brothers missing since Thanksgiving, is not giving up hope her children are alive. "As time went on, I began to wonder, who has my children? Are they safe? Are they scared? And I continued to wonder that. Because until they prove to me they are no longer on this earth, I believe and I feel in my heart they're still alive." Nine-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton were last seen at their father's home. Their parents were going through a divorce when they disappeared.




 Although Santa Clara police may be convinced that missing high school cheerleader Sierra LaMar is a homicide case, her mother Marlene LaMar still has hope her 15-year-old daughter is alive somewhere and vowed not to stop looking for her. "I'm not giving up hope. Her body hasn't been found," Marlene LaMar said at a news conference on Tuesday. "I believe there's a reason why she wasn't found."


(Note, the disposition in some of these cases may have changed.)

27 comments:

  1. LIES, you think you are a good person? You're not. If you are a good person how come you do not ACT that way? I guess there are many ways to show you are a good person huh? AND there are many ways for Mothers to grieve, and days of losing hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a perfect person. Sue me?!

      Delete
    2. No thanks, not into that. What you say here is not important in the big scheme of things, unimportant realy.

      Delete
    3. But you felt the need to comment about it. Hmph

      Delete
    4. Sure, why not. Not on a NEED to but a WANT to basis.

      Delete
    5. I have not heard lies call themselves a good person. But I will do it. Thanks lies for pointing out all the parents out their who do not give up on their children. Thank you also for being one of the people who does not give up on a child. Thanks for being that child's advocate. I would say that makes you a pretty damn good person.

      Delete
  2. If you eventually speak at trials like you do here, the jury will think you are grasping at straws and will not believe anything that comes out of your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wtf? Why would I be speaking at a trial? Unlike some of you, I am not a criminal! ;)

      Delete
    2. Not as a defendant but as defense for the guilty.

      Delete
    3. I don't know where you're going with this? Maybe you can just say what you're talking about? LOL

      Delete
    4. I think I have been clear enough for you to understand.

      Delete
  3. All beautiful children.

    I am so blessed to have never been in these mother's shoes, thank God.
    I know though, that I would always have the hope my child was alive, and would some day be brought home to me. I'd have to, because I wouldn't be able to endure any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are exactly right. It's a coping mechanism to hold on to that hope.

      Delete
  4. WTF? Really? That is your reply to this? And that makes you a better person than Obscure how? Step away from the internet & stop letting "that other place" fuel your hatred & turn you into a person who says incredibly uncalled for things. Would you say that to someone's face? You're soooo big & tough saying that behind your computer screen. Get a grip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Desiree Young must be the exception to your "rule" just like poor Trista, huh? I guess maybe you should inject yourself into the Kyron Horman case like you have Ayla's and insist that Desiree did something with Kyron based on your stupid logic! You obviously do not have a clue about the stages of grieving. From an educated, psychological perspective, I know for a fact that what Trista expressed in her interview is nothing short of the normal and typical behavior of an innocent mother whose child is missing under suspicious circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is difficult for me to post about, because it was huge & I will never forget it... About three summers ago, my son was lost for a span of two hours. I know that isn't very long, but it was an eternity at the time.

    I had left to run some errands with 2 of my kids, and my son (the youngest) was with my husband at his parents' house. I had to switch my phone over, so it was off for a bit before I got it back & listened to a number of messages from a very stressed father of my children. The first message was "hey, uhhhh...I'm hoping you have MJ because I can't seem to find him. Call me please." to "please call me back, Michelle....I need to know what's going on & if we need to call the police. I can't find him. This is not good."

    It was incredibly scary hearing the fear in my normally calm husband escalate. I immediately called him, of course. The moments after were a blur, although I remember bringing my kids to my mother's house, and getting the feeling I should look through my car to make sure he wasn't with me. I didn't find him, so I jumped in my car to head home. Once my kids were away from me, I broke down. Big time. I imagined every possible scenario... abduction, animal attack, lost in the woods... however, it was like there was some weird block that would come up if my mind even tried to think the worst.

    My husband had called the police, & a family friend who happens to be a MSP with a K9 unit came to the house within moments. He caught my son's scent going down to the brook in the woods. His scent stopped there (he had walked down there with my FIL & husband earlier that day). He seemed convinced that MJ went to the pond, so he focused on that area, even though his K9 never caught his scent there....nor did he even know the pond existed.

    Meanwhile, I was on my way there, a total mess, praying, crying, imagining all of these horrible things. All of the sudden, I got this feeling that I needed to check the back of my minivan again. I pulled over, lifted the hatch...this time I moved stuff around a little more (I had a bag of laundry & our beach bag in the back of the car)....guess what I found? MJ sound asleep, under the bag of laundry, all curled up in a ball. I scooped him up & hugged him & cried & cried & sobbed. He immediately woke up & said "I'm sorry, Mumma! I wanted to go with you. I just wanted to go with you!" (He thought he was in trouble....little did he know).

    Thinking about all of this will still bring me to tears. It was one of those life-defining moments I will never forget. So, on some level, albiet incredibly abbreviated, I can relate to these women above. It's a weird mix of crazy emotions, but the overlying one is hope that your child isn't hurt or dead. To think that is to enter a realm of despair. I think it's a coping mechanism to not lose that bit of hope you'll see & hold that piece of you again. I would never be in the place where I'd let my mind even think the worst without proof. And I can truly attest to it from experience.

    So, when I hear Trista saying the things I hear, it just doesn't make sense to me. Either she knows where Ayla is, that she is alive & safe, or she believes her daughter is gone forever & wants to put this all behind her & start over. Which scenario would people rather imagine? Which scenario do most mothers tend to go with? Can you honestly tell me it's normal, 5 months later with no proof, for a mom to think her baby is dead?

    So, either she knows where she is & is putting on an act, or she is an incredibly self-centered person who lacks normal mothering instincts. Take your pick. Personally, I hope for the former.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HowCanYouNotGetThat5/26/12, 7:29 AM

    Nothing wrong with holding out hope - I do not think anybody called that ignorant? What IS ignorant, is say NO MOTHER would feel as though her child is now deceased. Do you think that because she feels Ayla is no longer with us, that she is not still hopeful that she is? The "ignorant" comments stem from some peoples inability to see the trees through the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is she a heartless bitch? I do not get it? Because she is pointing out the Trista is not the norm? Do you even recognize that when you "people" do not have a valid argument you resort to name calling. It is very telling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ayla Supporter5/26/12, 11:08 AM

    Seriously? She is posting that she thinks we shouldn't give up hope. That hardly makes her heartless. And no matter what I can't imagine wishing that harm falls to another person and that their family would have to endure even half of what Ayla's family has gone through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart goes out to Trista because of the blog. None of us know what actually happened, and its impossible to say whether its Justin, Trista or an unknown party that knows the true whereabouts of Ayla. But Trista is being torn apart for her weight, her skin, her facial expressions and her mannerisms. I just hope that if the truth comes out and Trista is found to have nothing to do with this horrible situation you would offer her a sincere and heartfelt public apology. To me she simply seems like an uneducated person who doesn't know any better, and is doing whatever anyone tells her she "should". How will you feel if you are publicly berating, insulting and accusing an innocent mother of a missing child?

    Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that I believe either party, but I just think that until the truth is known, enough is enough. No one, especially little Ayla, benefits from the trash talk about either Justin or Trista.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am wrong, then yes, I will issue a public apology to Trista on youtube or something. I hope people are willing to do the same for the DiPietros, the Roberts, the Harrys, the Tudelas, etc. etc.

      Delete
    2. HopingIveBeenWrong5/27/12, 10:07 PM

      Yes, I for one will absolutely apologize if I'm wrong about Justin and his family and friends. Honestly, I have been getting the feeling more and more that things are not as they seem to so many of us. My God, I hope I've been wrong. I always feared that she is gone... until recently. Now I am starting to doubt a lot of things, and I'm seeing a lot of things I guess I didn't want to see before, along with some things I wanted to see but couldn't because it would have challenged the dominant view. And this new clarity has nothing to do with this or any blog. I've just realized a few things that I've never considered before. I would hope that if we have been wrong about Justin, that I won't be the only one to step up and apologize, but I'll do it alone if I have to.

      Delete
  11. Very different circumstances. Very different. That's why I said every situation is different, but not one of those parents was giving up 5 months into it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Obscure says:

    "Very different circumstances. Very different. That's why I said every situation is different, but not one of those parents was giving up 5 months into it."

    Kyron Horman disappeared on June 4, 2010. His stepmother, Terri Horman, although not officially named a suspect or person-of-interest, remains, (almost two years later), the main person-of-interest in his disappearance. Unlike Ayla's disappearance, there has not been any forensic evidence found, (ie. blood evidence), associated with Kyron's disappearance. Yet, Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, has repeatedly stated in the media that she believes that Terri Young is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, AND that she believes that he is deceased. As early as FIVE MONTHS, (in November of 2010), after Kyron's disappearance, Desiree was anticipating a search on Dixie Mountain in the Portland, Oregon area that she hoped would find Kyron's remains and bring closure to the case. The search was put off until January 30, 2011, due to the milder temperatures that allowed the use of HRD, (cadaver), dogs in the search. Unfortunately, Desiree did not receive the closure and answers that she desperately needs in her son's disappearance. The bottom line is that this need for answers and closure for the innocent parents of missing children is a NORMAL and HEALTHY part of the grieving process. For you to even suggest that Trista Reynolds' interview illustrates her culpability in Ayla's disappearance is malicious, heartless, and ridiculously inaccurate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What exactly do you seek to accomplish by bashing anybody on a blog? I don't believe that it is appropriate to bash anyone in this case whether it be Trista, Justin, friends of Justin, etc. Just because someone else does it, makes it right for you to do it too? Who really cares if Trista is holding a pillow on her lap, or if she has a pimple on her face? Are your malicious postings going to bring Ayla home to her family? Is your life so pathetically boring that you feel the need to inject yourself into a missing child's case of which you claim to have no connection to?

    ReplyDelete

ALL comments subject to removal. MODERATION becomes necessary when ignorance shows up. Don't be that person!