5.16.2012

Randomness (Again)

Before people just spout off at the mouth, I advise them to perform a quick search on Google. It's not hard; if you can spell and read, you have a vast amount of information at your fingertips. I also find it weird that a certain military wife finds it necessary to criticize the DiPietros for not funding the reward. What have the Reynolds contributed to the reward fund? Nothing, yet they have collected DONATIONS from the public. Where does that money go? Up Trista's nose or down her throat, eh? Why aren't you questioning that?

WHATNOT
I must be an over protective parent,call me crazy but after I check the house,if my 2 year old was not there,911 ,my house is the same size as Justins 5 minutes to check under beds,3 people could do that in 2 minutes.Why did it take 50? That is way to long!

As you can see from the above table, only 19.6% of missing children reports are filed "in 5 minutes." Justin  called within 50 minutes, which places him among the minority of people who report that soon. How do you explain the delays in all of the other cases? The same way you could explain the "delay" in this case. They probably looked for her first, called whomever they felt should be called, looked some more, and then brought it to the attention of law enforcement. Not to mention they were probably panicking and just frantic. Imagine a chaotic scene with 3-4 adults looking for a child, with 2 other children still needing to be attended to. If you look at this case OBJECTIVELY for one damn minute, then you would realize that 50 minutes passing is really not all that much time, and it certainly is not an indication of guilt.
_____________________________________________________________________________
ruby32
May 16, 2012 9:44 AM
I know it's off topic a little. But maybe instead of donating to some of the missing children funds we could donate to the $30K reward. And find businesses and individuals that would donate to the reward to up the ante.
  
Reward funds don't generally increase...it's like negotiating with a terrorist. You don't want to give people incentives to hold out, you want to make it as high as it's going to go, to draw people in early in the investigation. I don't think that people should be donating to the family---because the family has not been transparent---but donating to increase the reward fund is a dumb idea.
 _____________________________________________________________________________

USNavy Wife Commander 

I was curious why the reward money has not increased. Is Ayla not worth every penny you have, P, E, L, J, C, S, H, A, .... Et al??? [snipped]




See, according to people with a lot more intelligence and common sense than you, it's impractical for a family to use their own money for the reward. The DiPietros are not millionaires; they still have to live and survive while Ayla is missing. They are NOT collecting donations, unlike Trista and Co. They are paying their own way, while Trista is now living DIRECTLY off of taxpayers.

_____________________________________________________________________________


20 comments:

  1. What are the ages of those missing children? Arent most missing children teenagers not toddlers? Wouldnt that make a difference how long you would wait to call?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The children included are all <17 years old. It does not give the break down that you are asking for, but of the children in the study, 10.1% are younger than 6 years old.

      I can't say one way or another whether or not age would make a difference, and I don't think anyone here could either. We can speculate, but we are not in a position to say anything factually.

      Delete
    2. if you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything5/16/12, 8:40 PM

      I don't think I would wait any longer to report my 7 year old missing than my 19 month old. It might depend on the parent though.

      Delete
    3. Age does make a difference. There are better stats out there about children in Ayla's age group. I think if you could find those stats and post those it would paint a different picture. Older children are most likely reported later because they may have stayed late after school, or there was a communication breakdown with parents/guardians, went somewhere without informing parents (thinking it's not a big deal), or ran away from home. But I have seen better stats before Ayla's case.

      Delete
    4. I think there is a possibility of a difference in wait times with different ages because there are babies who cannot walk, who could not possibly have gotten out of their crib in which you would immediately call 911. Then there are the children that can walk, can open doors, can do things themselves. With those children you will check other rooms, outside, the neighbors house, etc... before calling 911.

      Delete
  2. It makes perfect sense to me why they don't want reward monies increased. I have seen it happen in some cases, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame5/16/12, 8:38 PM

    I think it's sickening that the reward would ever need increased... in any case. When did people start needing to be rewarded financially for doing something they should do anyway? I would never take the money if I had a tip that brought someone home. I would start a college fund for that child with that money instead. but,I guess I'm not greedy either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking At The Facts5/16/12, 10:00 PM

    I say no increase. I will not sell Ayla to the highest bidder. Come on whoever has her it is 30,00. Think of where you could go. What you could do. Start over in a completely different life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randomness Again! Thank you, that's exactly what I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are ironic at the best of times. Most are happy to believe that Justin would dispose of his own child for $25k, divvy it up between an undisclosed amount of co-conspirators and yet nobody will come forward with information for $30k.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anybody will come forward because anybody that knows what happened to Ayla would at this point self incriminate. If it was the Dipietro family they obviously can't cash in on the 25/50 LIP. Insurance investigators are right on that! And the reward money can't be claimed because there is a tight circle that knows about Ayla. And those people can't go out and ask other people to call in a tip to get the money. That would look just as suspicious. The 30K was in hopes that there was somebody out there that was not involved directly but may have seen or heard something. That door has closed. It's now down to forensic and circumstantial evidence.

      Delete
    2. Tight circle my backside....LE have multiple ways of asking the same question amongst other techniques used in interrogation. That tight circle would've implicated one of their own by now. And what would their cut be exactly? A lot less than $30k. Sorry, its just not a logical concept ruby32 after doing the math.

      Delete
  7. People have come forward with tips. Including several saying Trista was seen with Ayla after she went missing. However if Ayla was then hidden before the tips could be explored than those tips are now just forgotten tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sfasdfdssadf5/18/12, 9:31 AM

      Hidden? Does Ayla get visits from the maternal family since you believe they kidnapped her? Who is paying for her meals, clothes, diapers, wipes, medicine for colds, toys, books, snacks? Do you believe Ayla is hidden in a basement somewhere and never allowed out so that no one can see her? Im truly fascinated by your theory. Please explain.

      Delete
    2. Good questions. What happens to other children who disappear everyday. I wish for her that her family was taking care of her. That would be the best scenario. She must miss her family and be very confused. So yeah I hope somebody she at least knows somewhat is with her and taking care of her. Children are hidden everyday all over the US. Don't act like it does not happen and can not be done. And many of them are hidden in plain site eventually believe it or not. Not a basement. She may be being kept out of site for now but I am sure who ever has her believes eventually things will calm down. And that as she grows she will be less recognizable. Some people in other states besides Maine have not even heard of her case. But it only takes one person to recognize her. So billboards will keep going up, her name & face will keep being spread and eventually they will be proven wrong.

      Delete
  8. I can relate to not calling the police when your toddler is missing until you search the house. I mean if the last place you saw them was in bed with family all around your mind would not immediately go to someone taking them. Especially a child that is independently mobile. Even if she slept in a crib, by 20 months they routinely climb out. One of my nephews went missing in the house and after a good 30 min of calling his name and looking everywhere we could think of, we found him sound asleep in the cupboard. We looked outside, in every room, behind, under and around, but the last place we thought of was the linen cupboard in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. allmost an hour5/19/12, 5:55 PM

      justin was worried that someone was going to take Ayla, phoebe was concerned about a vehicle stalking her home, Ayla is missing, do a quick search of a small house, and call LE. ( I did not hear anything about them runing to neighbors to ask if they saw Ayla outside)

      Delete
  9. sfasdfdssadf5/18/12, 9:28 AM

    That time table is invalid because it does not provide important information. For example:

    A. Were any of these teenagers?
    B. Were any of these children assumed "late" from a parental visitation?
    C. How many were Ayla's age?
    D. Were any of these kids of age to walk home and deemed an hour late?
    E. How many of these kids were missing from their cribs in the morning?

    This would be a fascinating study if all the kids were in cribs and went missing and we were able to guage the individual family's time frame for calling police.


    Nice try though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Increasing a reward for information is not necessarily due to hoping "the right amount of money" will bring a witness or lead in....it's mainly for media purposes. If there is nothing "new" in a case to report...the media goes away. By increasing a reward one is adding something new to a case which then enables reporters to obtain their Editor's permission to write again. It's about keeping the missing loved one in the continual eye of the public. Same as holding events. It's not about partying (as some on here insinuate)...it is about something new to add to gain media attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Singing * Dancing * Cake * Laughter * Music * Food * Door Prizes

      Sounds like a party to me...

      Check out the source; like I said, rewards do not generally increase. You are also arguing a moot point, because the money raised in this case has lined someone's pockets---not increased the reward fund.

      Delete

ALL comments subject to removal. MODERATION becomes necessary when ignorance shows up. Don't be that person!