“We looked at that scenario, and it doesn’t hold water,” he said of the potential for a kidnapping. “That some intruder came in — in silence — and no one heard a thing. It didn’t happen.”
“We felt it was important that the public understand some specifics of the investigation. We felt it was important that the public understand the magnitude of this investigation and that some of the blood was Ayla’s,” he said.
No spin: he said there was no kidnapping, and the strongest evidence he has explicitly revealed to the public is that it's a small house and the thought of 3 adults sleeping through it is impossible.
No spin: he previously said the 3 adults who were in the home have not been truthful.
No spin: he said it's important for the public to understand some specifics of the investigation, and releasing some details of the blood evidence was a way to do that.
Now, if you really want the public to "understand" the magnitude of your investigation, why wouldn't you just say "We know that no kidnapping/abduction has occurred, because the amount of blood found in the home indicates otherwise. We have not received an innocent/plausible explanation for said blood." ???
You already have all three pieces of information out there---the kidnapping doesn't pass the smell test, the water test, or the straight face test; the blood is Ayla's; the 3 adults haven't been honest.
I do not see why a more solid connection is not being made BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. Some people, like me, will continue to consider all people and all possibilities unless and until law enforcement clears this up. It goes beyond semantics. I can't understand the need to keep things ambiguous.Should people in Maine be keeping an eye out for Ayla, or has she already gone to heaven?
Note: I am talking about what HE (McCausland) has said, not what is rumor or unconfirmed by MSP.
By the way, the interview sucked balls. If nothing else, I wanted Justin to give little details. It wouldn't have hurt to say where he works or how he was supporting himself/Ayla. The date of the broken arm. The stuff that has people trying to figure out the most inane details to make him appear human (or not).
That's my take. I'm sleep now!
McCausland didn't mention the imminent arrests Peter Hyatt's blog reports?
ReplyDeletePeter and McCausland have a special relationship. 8=)
DeleteI don't think they are interested in Peter. I think their concern is Ayla.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletePlease choose a name, and then post. Thanks
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your thoughts about LE. In fact, I'm more annoyed with LE than I am with the DiPietro's. Maybe LE doesn't truly owe the public more details, but they should realize and care how all these rumors keep increasing and possibly innocent people are having their lives ruined.
ReplyDeleteThe interview (which really wasn't) was pathetic. Ben should be ashamed of this disaster and so should the Sentinel. It was a rude stunt to play on the public that was hoping for some new information.
Seeking, I am so glad to hear you are only permitting board names and no more anons. In fact, yesterday I began a post here (but lost what I typed) suggesting that the free YUKU discussion boards are a better place for discussion topics than facebook or blogs. There is so much flexibility on YUKU and the owner/moderator can manage IP addys, make some topics/posts invisible to certain people, etc.
I suppose it depends on whether the blog owner wants quantity or quality. Of all the Ayla discussion places, I prefer this one. However, I imagine it is the least popular because it doesn't cater to the vigilante group.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteJustin could have spoken up more, true. What about McCausland? Don't you think he could speak up more?
DeleteSomeone walks in a house, picks up a baby, and walks out. What kind of 'evidence' were they expecting to find?
Justin is ultimately responsible for Ayla, but one of the others needs to step up and tell the details of what happened that night after Ayla was put to bed at 8:30. There are zero details about that night. Why? How does telling those details jeopardize a case? Why can't LE tell the public what story they were told?
As I said, Justin is ultimately responsible, but there is no more evidence that he did something to Ayla than there is any of the others in the house.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteMany people anticipated that if the public was not satified with the so called interview (ie Heidi babble) that TLLOM would blame it on the media or the Law enforcement.
DeleteJustin and/or the rest of the people who were in that house that night are the ones responsible to tell what happened.
DeleteVOR, the elephant in the room is why haven't the Police cleared Trista?
DeleteThe vigilantes have been pushing frantically for that to happen for weeks, yet LE made a special point in their last statement to say that no one 'including Trista' is ruled out.
The blood in the basement sure seems like a 'red herring' at this point what with the funny wording of statement 'more than a small cut' and also the IMMEDIATE action of the Police to shut down the Boston media (sry forgot which channel) that reported Ayla was dead.
I can't imagine that the Police would let people be in such DANGER by not clearing them if they could! Wouldn't they be liable if Trista or Justin got hurt by vigilantes and it turned out the Police knew they were not involved?
So in the case of Trista in particular, given she is a woman, more vulnerable and less capable of defending herself..the fact that they haven't cleared her is very intriguing.
Haven't read the interview yet, but I really didn't think that there would be any new details.
ReplyDeleteSo Mc Causland told the journalist he goes by what he said a month ago, the journalist is just restating what Mc Causland said a month ago. How long does it take to test the blood ? They found it in December. Some of it is Ayla's, that we already know. They think that a kidnapping did not happen, based on what ? We know nothing more. What about all these cases where no evidence of a kidnapping was gathered, then it happened to be the neighbor, a sex offende, or somebody else who kidnapped the child, and during that time the father was rotting in jail or the parents were suspected, the police was not looking at the obvious ? Is it again the case here ? In the scenario that somebody did harm Ayla in the house that night, how does that work ? 3 moms plus Justin hid Ayla's body, nothing has been found in the cars, no trace, no suspicious smell, the dogs did not react, otherwise the cars would not have been given back, they would have carried Ayla's dead body in a bag in the street, maybe pretending to go and plant a tree in November. Maybe the police thinks there was no abduction, but Ayla being killed in that house and everybody agreeing to hide her body makes no more sense to me. If the police says all the blood in the house belongs to Ayla then that's something else. But as long as they don't state otherwise I'll see doubt the version that something bad happened to Ayla in that house. I think it's perfectly believable that she was abducted, it has happened before to other children. Let's hope the state of Maine is not wasting people's money in only one direction
ReplyDeleteThat interview just showed the lack of concern for Ayla and her well being...very troubling to me. They didn't even mention her name:-(
ReplyDeleteWay to just make something up.
DeleteMaybe Justin changed his car insurance because he would get a better rate as a father of a baby than a young single dude?
ReplyDeleteIs one required to inform the insurance company about a new baby on board?
I hope the Police have made some progress and are just keeping tight lipped!
Both the parents 'act' as though Ayla is alive with their cavalier demeanors. Neither father nor mother is distraught.
Trista is whining about her 'media attention' and Justin is way too quiet.
No tears from either one.
I am growing more encouraged towards the possibility one (or both) of them might have hidden or sold Ayla.
I am hopeful we might get some answers at the very least, as both these parents know a lot more than they are telling the public.
I am soo tired of cryptic statements from the Police, parents and press!
example: "more blood than a small cut would produce" WTF just tell us how much frikken blood it was! Why the game playing?
I'm with you. The games are getting ridiculous. As for the "more than a small cut would produce" comment, was that a direct quote from the police or is that was Trista said the police told her?
DeleteBombshell, I don't agree with everything you say, but like you, I have grown tired of the cryptic statements from the police. It's probably a general feeling. I understand they are investigating and can't release much, then if you start speaking about the blood, they may as well tell the quantity. Between a small amount and a large amount, there is a huge difference and it changes the whole meaning.
ReplyDeleteJustin can clear up the blood issue because if Ayla had a cut or a nosebleed he is aware of that and could easily speak up about it.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteExcerpt from The Examiner, I think.
Delete**McCausland said that DiPietro would need a interpreter to read the results as "it's line on a paper, there's no transcript or written text that goes with it.**
Fine, then they should have allowed him to sit with an interpreter to see which question(s) he failed. I don't like some of the tactics LE uses. I don't like the way LE is handling this Ayla case.
Oh FK, put my name on that comment please don't delete!
ReplyDelete^^^^^BOMBSHELL: TEXT MESSAGES! wrote the above Anon! :D
OOOps, sorry I didn't see this til after I deleted.
DeleteLOL
DeleteHere was the story I linked:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/16/ayla-reynolds-update-polygraph_n_1208788.html
It says that Justin 'could' have passed the lie detector test, the Police are evidently allowed to tell people they failed when they didn't.
Justin obviously 'thought' he had 'smoked' it, I don't think he would have tried to claim that if he failed?
The Police WON"T SAY if Justin passed it or NOT!
Honestly, talk about fanning the flames! They should tell us!
That is NOT the same thing that the vigilantes have everyone believing by sheer repetition, they keep insisting he failed. Where does it say he failed??
(BTW I was recommending the comments in this article/very refreshing to read some thoughts from the public who aren't on a crusade to clear Trista and some seemingly knowledgable comments about polygraphs).
More from polygrapher: http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/ayla-reynolds-father-did-take-polygraph-test
ReplyDeleteI can't make heads nor tails of this.
I'm not convinced that he failed, either. I'm also not convinced that the police are satisfied with the results of Trista's incomplete test.
ReplyDeleteI never understood why the public was accepting of that statement from Trista. It doesn't make sense. No one asked her to take a poly, she wanted to do it to "prove" something, and then couldn't prove anything because of her mysterious medical condition.
DeleteI am not saying she's guilty, but her incomplete poly has just been dismissed by the media and the public. She said she would get treatment and finish it, didn't she?
The answer is the police are not satisfied with an incomplete test. Why would they be? That was Trista's answer not theirs.
DeleteSeeking-You just brought up something that I don't think people realize. The police *DID* ask the Reynold's side to take polygraphs. In an interview in the Sentinel, Becca said that it was a mutual decision. "They asked, and we offered."
DeleteSeeking-just reread your post and noticed something else. Trista didn't really say that she'd finish the test after getting treatment. She said that she would seek attention for her medical condition so that she could be healthy enough to be retested IF REQUIRED. Sounds to me like she wasn't exactly jumping at the chance to try it again. LOL
DeleteHT has stated in many posts on MS confirming that Justin failed the polygraph as she then tried to explain why he failed. Just to let you know.
DeleteLie detectors have not scientific value, they can even be 70 % wrong
DeleteJust a little note, how the hell would HT know if he passed or failed?
DeleteEven Justin doesn't seem to know himself!
I thought he failed too because of the Police's tricky wording of their reply to the press who wanted to clarify the results and sheer BS jackhammering repetition by the lynchers. When you really look into it and try to pin down the FACTS, it is ENTIRELY possible that Justin DID 'smoke' the test. The Police are allowed to lie about the results, (notice they didn't/they were just speaking more cryptic crap).
Given the strange response from Police and Justin's confidence, I am leaning now towards the idea he passed it.
One thing we DO know for sure...TRISTA AND HER MOTHER DID NOT PASS IT!
Yes Sandy; after all the reading I just did about polys, they are really just smoke and mirrors. Ironically, I still can't rid myself of their 'magic', they do sway me even if I accept that they are voodoo.
If you post anonymous, no matter what you said, it's getting deleted. Sorry, please pick a name/url to post with! It takes 2 seconds, and I'm not asking for real names, just a screen name. Please and thank you!
ReplyDeleteI would like to know why MSP can test some blood in a few days and know that it is Ayla's and the rest it is taking them months to figure out? Does not pass my straight face test.
ReplyDeleteIt takes longer to deternmine possibly what part of her body it came from.
DeleteNo it doesn't
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteThere are differeant epithilial tissue in certain areas of the body.
DeleteSuch as Nonkeratinized stratified squamous epithelium from the mouth, esophagus and rectum, for one example.
DeleteThere is no such thing as a test to determine what part of the body the blood leaked from. There is only one cardiovascular system in the human body.
ReplyDeleteLE has not disclosed more info about the blood because there is nothing more incriminating against the father to say about it. If they had found a lot of blood there of Ayla's they would have known that by now via the testing.
LE is stymied because they are barking up the wrong tree entirely. Meanwhile, no proper investigation and search is being done for baby Ayla, who surely is suffering from this prolonged situation.
There are differant epithilial tissue in certain parts of the body.
DeleteIt is all the same blood. LE has not mentioned skin cells being found--that is something different.
DeleteThere can be trace cells or epithilial tissues in the dropped blood that would be determined from the lab not from LE. This evidence would be saved for trial if one is to take place. Nonkeratinized stratified squamous epithelium from the mouth, esophagus and retum as one example.
DeleteIts true that epithelial tissue has different functions in different areas of the body and depends on the type and thickness of the tissue. They can be found surrounding organs, but they're also found on the tongue and in the nose (a nosebleed) and epithelial tissue can be found even on the skin. I'm sure if the blood contained tissue from say the liver or a kidney and was found to be sinister, then I'm sure an arrest would have already occurred.
DeletePS. I think you forget that LE had a facility in Augusta testing the blood. I'm sure they would successfully be able to tell the difference.
All it takes is one cell. The time frame for obtaining results can vary drastically. While some info can be revealed immediately other results take several months to deternmine. Not all labs have all the same capabilities.
DeleteAnd no I did not forget that our state has a lab.
DeleteIn cases that become high profile they will send it out of state or even fbi can test it.
DeleteAnd it doesn't take months to test. You can tell the difference between the types of epithelial tissue under a microscope (cuboidal, squamous, columnar). That alone would show a geneticist where to look in the body. Don't go jumping the gun on this one.
Still, if there was enough evidence based on the blood they would have an arrest. I think your point in this case is invalid. MSP are working exceptionally hard and trying to keep everything moving at a fast pace.
LucifersHand, you seem like someone who might be able to answer a question I have.
DeleteDo you attach any significance to December 17th, the date that Ayla was reported missing, being Saturnalia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
Unless JP has an affinity for the sun, I would assume that Ayla going missing on that date is mere coincidence. I understand what you are asking Bombshell, but its a date for an ancient festival celebrating renewal. If you were implying that Ayla was a gift then you're looking at the wrong date, that's later in the month. Or perhaps im missing the significance of your question. Feel free to elaborate.
DeleteNot all labs have the same capabilities as I said and this being a major crime investigation they would do whatever testing they felt was warrented. It is not as simple as dropping it off, having a guy slide it under a microscope, giving the info and you are on your way. I am not making any assumptions of what they have determined to be appropriate testing, how much blood they found, or what type of cells may be involved. The main point was that obtaining test results can vary drastically. No jumping the gun on anything.
DeleteBravo Bombshell. I appreciate your sober response to an "anon vigilante" who I can only imagine was rude and obnoxious. It comforts me that there are people like you who posess enough logic to think openly for themselves while at the same time not spewing garbage on those who don't share your opinion.
DeleteThanks-
Ok Where is Ayla, I agree not all labs have the same capability and if that were the case then samples would be sent to other labs to speed up the process depending the urgency.
DeleteEvery lab has a microscope though and it takes only moments to the trained eye to determine what type of tissue they're dealing with. I assume that you have dealt with this type of testing to know? Or perhaps you're a nurse who has basic training, I don't know but really, epithelial tissue is a no brainer. To assume that someone working in the DNA lab can't determine the difference would be to assume that they shouldn't be working there at all. If you are a nurse then I suggest you visit histology because they run all the same types of tests and then you'd understand that the testing process does not take months as suggested by you.
Epithelial tissues was used as ONE example of why further testing may be required. I stand by my statement that times can vary. good day.
DeleteTrying to make sense of Justin's comments in the sentinel article:
ReplyDeleteDiPietro said he hopes that the person who took his daughter will send a signal out to the public that she’s alive.
............
I think this could mean the 'kidnapper' should send an online photo of Ayla to show the public she is alive? An anonymous cell phone call?
Maybe Justin agreed 'no contact' with the 'kidnapper' because of course his movements and electronics are all followed/bugged so he is giving the 'kidnapper' permission to leak a photo now?
Please, Please Please!
JP certainly did suggest that he knew who the abductor was. I was surprised that everyone seems to have skimmed over the top of those details.
DeleteBombshell, each time Justin speaks he puts out some little tidbit suggesting there's a kidnapper out there holding Ayla
ReplyDeleteIf instead of focusing on that you look at his collective statements as a whole, what you see is a control freak who is determined to remain in charge
Look at the gist of what he's saying- it doesn't matter what the police say or think, it doesn't matter what Ayla's mother says or thinks, it doesn't matter what the facts are, all that matters is what Justin says
There is reasonable doubt and there is reasonable hope.
DeleteI have both! ://///
I don't see a control freak.
DeleteIn fact, he seems to me to be adaptable and flexible since he just uprooted his life to make a new life as a full time father. He is also going to school and learning a new trade, not fixed in his ways but looking forward.
(LOL NOT trying to make him sound like a good guy! :D )
I see that he is utterly unconcerned and cocky.
That says to me that he knows where Ayla is and she is okay.
I am just trying to make some sense of these weird comments (don't think I endorse them!)
When he says 'the time is not right' one possibility could be that 'in the future' the public will be made privvy to some reason that Ayla had to be 'squirreled away' for her own safety.
We know that Trista had just filed for full custody, so it doesn't seem like a stretch to guess that Justin thinks he HAS to hide Ayla from her.
To follow through on this explanation: Justin would have to be willing to 'accept the flak' from the public during this time and the Police, (if they aren't working WITH him and this whole theatrics is a ruse of some kind).
What's weird is that:
Justin is not acting like a grieving father, he is acting unconcerned
Trista is not acting like a distraught mother, most people can feel she is 'off'
The Police are acting weird with strange convoluted wording, no action and leaking limited information seemingly for effect!
WTF is going on! I feel like this whole thing is a charade by EVERYONE!
.................
OT:
One thing I have been meaning to mention about the searches by SAR people.
They might be very pleased to do 'maneuvers' and get certifications that are only earned during these type of searches. Ice diving cert (no idea what to call it for example).
I know the Coast Guard says they need to do rescues to stay 'in shape', train new officers and learn from mistakes.
Once certified with these special skills, they might also be entitled to pay raises.
The Police might also get some funding from Homeland Security (or some agency).
I am not trying to diminish the searches they did, just mentioning that could be why they jumped in so ambitiously.
I wish the Tudelas would consider helping Justin hire a private investigator.
Delete@facts please...really? If the Tudelas needed your help spending their money they would ask for it.
DeleteThe last thing Justin or the Tudelas want is a PI. Cover up, smoke screens, wait til the evidence is gone, just enough to collect the ins money. The Tudelas are too into this. Shows guilty knowledge or involvement of a family member. Seeking truth, I know you are not seeking this. Smile.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteIn case you haven't noticed troll, I don't have to MANUFACTURE doubt..the whole world is confused and baffled by this story!
DeleteI am not going to get drawn into fights with crusading vigilantes but I would prefer you to address my comments rather than attribute your weird projections about me.
I am just a commenter. No more, no less. You are a paranoid freak who has to attack anyone with a brain who doesn't agree with you!
If you haven't got anything to offer but attacking a commenter, then go back to your lynch mob forum!
My above post was meant for here.
DeleteI agree Derek and Bombshell. The forum should only be open to people with an open mind. I entertain theories from both sides and honestly you could pick apart both sides and see motive but motive alone isn't enough. Even motive and the current public details surrounding the case aren't enough to draw a satisfactory conclusion.
DeleteIf we take out the mud-slinging, rumors, and unverified claims and only look at the facts here, what do really have?
ReplyDelete1)Something happens which causes DHHS involvement
2)Trista goes to rehab
3)Justin goes to the police station in Lewiston to get assistance in retrieving Ayla from her maternal aunt
4)Ayla suffers a broken arm
5)Ayla is reported missing
6)Police say there is nothing suspicious about the broken arm
7)Police say that the abduction story doesn't pass the straight-faced test and they have grave doubts that it ever happened
8)Police say that they believe the 3 adults in the home the night Ayla went missing aren't telling everything they know
9)Police say an unspecified quantity of Ayla's blood was found in the Dipietro home
10)Police are encouraging both sides to keep Ayla's name in the media
11)Elisha and Phoebe Dipietro are both represented by an attorney
Did I miss anything?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletethis shows the true intelect of many of the Reynalds followers......Ive seen the postings by Lou and his daughter..his daughter at least tends to use that C word alot....classy
DeleteOdd, you have to mask yourself as anon, must be a (trista supporter) probably better to stay anon for your sake. I'm embarrassed for you... :(
DeleteMommy, do you mind learning the correct spelling of AYLA's name. You know, Ayla, the baby girl who is "kidnapped".
DeleteBtw, I hope EVERYONE is a REYNOLDS follower. AYLA REYNOLDS.
DeleteIsn't Lou a woman??
DeleteI thought it was the dad......just saw some fb posts they had made....I may be wrong though. Sorry about the misspelled name as well, I posted from my phone and Im constantly making mistakes from it.....I am sorry because I really dislike it when people misspell my name too.
DeleteWhy are you not allowing people to post as anonymous?
ReplyDeletejust because...
DeleteIs this guy kin to them?
ReplyDeletehttp://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/09/news/midcoast/brooks-man-acquitted-of-murder-7-years-ago-arrested-for-domestic-violence-terrorizing/
I have no idea
DeleteSeeking, do you know that someone is posting on the J4A page using your screen name? Just thought I would let you know, friend:)
ReplyDeleteNote: the stuff he/she posting is crazy, that is not the way you talk.
I'm aware, and frankly don't care. Hey, I made a rhyme... thnx
DeleteWould anybody like a peanut?
Deleteas u wish - ha I love it!
Delete@facts please 5:32 - the life insurance policy????? $25,000. state farm. sold by derek. confirmed by both "sides," terms of which have not been completely determined, but derek could certainly clear that up for us, right?
ReplyDeletedo NOT underestimate the importance of this policy. in any investigation, follow the money.
dear derek,
ayla's life insurance policy - did it cover accidental death AND dismemberment?
rest assured that LE knows & they do not need to tell us everything that they do know.
waiting for the spring thaws...
Thank you. Yes, the insurance policy. It should be on the list. Anything else I missed?
Deletechelsea hoffman @ gather.com gives me the shits. her posts have been nothing but conjecture and spin. she likes to read into things which is unnerving for someone who is an author. I wonder how much she adds to the rumor-mill? Some of her posts have been somewhat similar to posts that i've read here and elsewhere - I think chelsea might be lurking!!!
ReplyDelete@bombshell 4:36 - if you are not trying to diminish the searches, why bring it up?
ReplyDeletecertifications can be earned with trainin and mock drills. if they couldn't, how would we have teams in the first place? people don't go missing THAT often. our dive teams locally hold mock emergency dive sessions. i can't think of a single emergency worker i know that would think... "yay i'd LOVE to spend weeks away from my family, my children, who i love dearly, in the bitter cold... searching for a tiny defenseless baby's BODY, yippee!! i can stay certified for this year for sho!" Really?
good thing they do jump in & search or else nobody else WOULD be searching.
the way you put it, those searches are searching for ayla for PERSONAL GAIN, rather than to FIND AYLA. i have never seen such a thing suggested. not with elizabeth, not with lisa, not with jaycee, not with kyron, not with little caylee. not with ANY missing child or adult.
THAT IS THE LOWEST OF THE LOW DOWN SLIMY STATEMENTS I HAVE SEEN ON HERE.
who would suggest such a thing? perhaps someone who doesn't WANT Ayla's broken body found?
Why bring it up?
DeleteBecause i happen to know a little bit about searches dufus!
You obviously don't have ANY experience in this area!
GO F@ck YOURSELF thanks! :D
..for the illiterates..I AM PRO SEARCH.
DeleteWE ARE HERE AND WE HAVE OUR EYES OPEN.
DO you?
or are you just shitfighting trolls?
Are you out there IamNotAnon? Thought not.
STFU. poseur/flag waver/patriot scum. drive your nascar somewhere else!
This is about a missing baby, not your hoochie mama crusade.
sry pals, but this shit DOES make me mad!
AYLA..focus people.
Nancy, please..can't you look closer @ Ayla's story?
ReplyDeleteI am asking you even though I know you fell for the 'southern charm' of Ron Cummings.
I don't care, know you are a FRESH SLATE GAL who is LISTENING..
NANCE...HELP AYLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!