As soon as I saw the Reynold's family reaction, I called bullshit. It was acting. It was choreographed. Scripted. Incredibly superficial and fake. Misleading. Deceptive. An outright lie. The family knew what would be said in the press conference before it took place. McCausland CLEARLY stated that both parents were notified, and he even described their reactions.
I have seen people comment that only Trista knew, so her family's reaction is genuine; that's complete and utter nonsense. Trista wouldn't tell her family of such a major change in her daughter's missing persons case? She wouldn't be breaking down crying, and need to be consoled by one of her family members? The camera is not close up, but I didn't even see real tears from Becca, Ron, or Ronnie. They all dramatically put their heads down. Just my own observations.
Why would a family invite the press to observe their reaction? Especially if they didn't know what would be said in the press conference (Trista denies receiving a phone call). All of the other press conferences have been rather mundane; how did Trista know this one would be different? Have we seen her reactions on film to the other press conferences? I even saw someone suggest that maybe law enforcement wanted the Reynolds to film their reaction in an effort to guilt someone into coming forward. I don't think law enforcement would tell Trista to lie and damage her own credibility in the process. If law enforcement set this up, they wouldn't have mentioned the prior phone call in the press conference.
Another thing I've seen suggested is that Trista may have been reacting to this information again, and that it probably became more real when she saw it on national TV. That may be true, BUT why deny that she knew about it in the first place? A lie is a lie. Why are there so many lies and contradictions in this case. To make matters worse, Jeffrey (who wasn't invited to the private viewing of the press conference) says he is mad.
I wrote this post shortly after the Press Conference yesterday with no intension of publishing it.. Hoping a cooler head would prevail, I waited until this morning.. That has not happened:Oh, and Jessica's absence from the Family Reaction Perfomance is notable. She was vested in Ayla not going with Justin. She had an attorney at the family team meeting, and she was willing to risk going to jail with her refusal to turn Ayla over to him. Where is she now? Is Ayla less important now than she was then?
I'm angry that our judicial system has evolved into protecting people with the blood of missing children in their basements. Police now require a confession, smoking gun, or a body to prosecute.. and I have to ask myself, what would have happened 10 years ago had circumstances been the same? No, Jeffrey, police require probable cause to arrest, and prosecutors require a belief that they can prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt in order to prosecute. That hasn't changed in the last 10 years. Why would anyone be upset that justice is a process that safeguards both victims and perpetrators. If a prosecutor takes a case that he or she cannot prove, a guilty person could walk free. How would that amount to justiceforayla?
I'm angry that Justin, Courtney, Elisha, and even Phoebe, are allowed to walk "as freely as you and I" until Ayla is found. ..but they are not free from public ridicule, not free from disapproving glances, and not free from conscience. Their silence has condemned them to a life of imprisonment.. and they have sentenced us as well. Quite frankly, I'm upset that the Reynolds family is allowed to walk free as well. No one has been named a suspect, and no one has been ruled out. Following your logic, it would only be right to lock up all of the people primarily involved in Ayla's life. What size jumpsuit would you like? Oh, nevermind, you weren't involved in Ayla's life until after she disappeared. My mistake.
The Maine State Police's spokesman has to use cryptic messages to convey their findings: "It is highly unlikely that Ayla is alive" - [with a slight possibility that she is?]. "Their story does not pass the straight face test" - [we think they are lying?]. "We feel they know more than they're telling us" - [they know what happened to Ayla?]. We need direct answers for Ayla and the Police need to protect themselves from lawsuits. ..and that makes me angry. The police will not face a lawsuit by using direct language. Please find me one case where the police have been sued for simply believing in or telling the public details about the wrong suspect? Did the Ramsey's recover a large monetary settlement? O.J. Simpson? I've only heard of lawsuits when someone has been wrongfully convicted/jailed, but maybe you can prove me wrong. I would bet that police are being crytpic for other reasons, if in fact they are purposely being cryptic. They seem to be very direct with you and your family, shouldn't that be all that matters? Why do you care how they address the public? They told you about a cup of blood, was that cryptic? They told you about a life insurance policy, is that cryptic? They told you about Justin's other child, is that cryptic? The list goes on and on, but you get the point.
When I look into Ayla's eyes, I cannot help but wonder what she was thinking and feeling at the hands of providence and I only have one answer for Ayla.. Where is mommie?.. and that makes me very angry...Okay, this doesn't even make sense. "Where is mommy?" is not an answer, it's another question. It is similar to a question I'd ask though... "Where was mommy (on December 16/17, 2011)?"
I think I'll let Ron Reynolds have the last word:

The video on the Bangor Daily News site is better because the angle is from the front and you can get a much clearer view of the family's behavior.
ReplyDeleteThere was definitely some staging going on if Trista or her family were notified of LE's position about Ayla not being alive PRIOR to the news conference. Now Trista says she was not notified. This needs to be pinned down, because the issue goes directly to Trista's credibility. If she was notified, and then staged this video reaction, and then lied about being notified, there are some real credibility issues with Trista that need to be focused on.
No need to pin down We all heard it he described how she was during the phone call. Here it is: Police shared their announcement with Ayla's parents before the press conference. McCausland said Trista Reynolds, Ayla's mother, was understanding and thankful for the call.http://www.kjonline.com/news/authoritiesdoubt-aylastill-alive_2012-05-31.html
DeleteIt is entirely conceivable that Mcausland is the one who bent the truth a tad to get his own view across. Someone isnt telling the truth.
Deletebent the truth a tad is being very kind... if he's willing to lie to get his own view across, what else is he lying about?
Delete@Anonymous
DeleteWhat?? Your saying McCausland bent the truth??? He out and out said that "both parents were notified" and then went on to describe in detail their reactions. How is that "bending" the truth. Now are you also calling him a liar? Because make no mistake that is what Trista did. She has called him a liar. So the question is what do they think about that? What does the public think about that? Do they really think that LE is liars on this? Or maybe just maybe Trista's pattern of lying that has been pointed out all along is true. She is a liar. And it is such a habit and she has been also been allowed to get away with it because LE and the public have not called her on it so she thinks she can.
Wow. TRISTAS supporters accuse the Ayla supporters of doing what they themselves do. Funny how the things LE says that are beneficial to their view are printed in BOLD lettering, that which is not is treated as non existent or called a lie.
DeleteI also noticed the absence of Jessica in this family "performance". Also, I have been curious why Jessica was not called before the grand jury.
ReplyDeleteIn the video, you see them wind up as McCausland approaches the LE's thoughts of Ayla not being found alive. It was so obvious they already knew & were putting on a big show. And McCausland goes on to say they were told beforehand. Can you imagine what was going through their heads at that point? Then for Trista to call McCausland a liar, basically. I really hope LE is paying attention to this. Just more proof something isn't right with that family.
ReplyDeleteor are there some credibility issues with McCausland? It's a very clear contradiction.
ReplyDeleteSomeone hinted at this issue on another blog and no one responded. Instead, they put up a totally unrelated post. Is that what they mean when they say "deflect?"
Either way, it doesn't look good.
DeleteYeah, kind of hinky huh?
ReplyDeleteTrista who can not tell a lie says that she didn't recieve a phone calll to inform her of what was going to be said at the PC.
If you believe that, then she is calling McClausland a liar.
So is McClausland the liar? If so, what else has he lied about?
Or is miss can't tell a lie, a liar?
What's the reason for her lie?
I'm sure everyone will reach their own conclusion.
Exactly! Great comment S.
Deletesigned: getrealpeople
the question of the contradiction was asked by one person on A4A 2 1/2 hours ago - no one else has commented about it
ReplyDeletesilence on both blogs, perhaps they're waiting for Jeff to come up with an answer
DeleteSounds about right. When you paint yourself into a corner, about all you can do is wait for it to dry.
DeleteI guess it's time to pass out more kool-aid. LOL
Deletesigned: getrealpeople
Bingo. Bingo. And Bingo again. 3 gold stars for being kool aid free.
DeleteJeff--I wrote this post shortly after the Press Conference yesterday with no intension of publishing it.. Hoping a cooler head would prevail, I waited until this morning.. That has not happened:
ReplyDeleteYeah, okay Jeff.
Oh for shits sake. You're all a bunch of skeptics......I'm sure hearing the news on tv was just another horrific blast of reality. I say don't judge trista until you've walked inher shoes.
ReplyDeleteTG, on the other hand, she is shady.
And why is this shady lady, T.G., Trista's main defender?
DeleteBeing a skeptic is a good thing, anon. It means we question, verify, and consider all available info. Maybe in your kool aid factory they encourage blindly following without healthy skepticism? See, one avenue will find Ayla and answers while the other will just keep throwing up roadblocks. I'm the skeptic. Which are you? -yb
DeleteFrom the second I started watching the video on the news I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just like everyone other than the last Anon poster, I say LIAR!!! I doubt very seriously that LE or even just McClusland is lying.....why would he lie with other LE right there?? duhhh.... I am glad I am not the only one who sees this crap. This is what makes me mad...everyone feeling bad for Trista just ASSUMING that Justin did something to his little girl....sorry but i am almost going to laugh when all the people falling for her and her families BS is proven wrong!!! Not laugh at the fact that Ayla has been missing for this long and may NOT be alive...but I am sure you can figure it out....I made a comment on the site i watched the video on last nite and was told by another poster that it is people "like me" that have made Trista's family hurt so much...yeah whatever....I am trying to be neutral in the whole thing. Until she is found we will NOT know what happened so until then, no one should be pointed out as "the one" who did it... I see things fishy on both sides of the equation....but I think that the Reynold's family's acting and lying is getting more and more obvious and is wrong on so many levels....I do however wish that Justin, Courtney, and Elisha would either come out with something or at least come out and defend themselves a little...Them being quiet is not helping them at all...
ReplyDelete"Them being quiet is not helping them at all..." Well, them talking is not helping them at all! The public just wants them to talk so they can bash them some more about something else. I would do the same, stay silent. They have always been available to the police. They don't need to do anything else!!!!
Deletesigned: getrealpeople
Get Real,
DeleteI agrre. I think it's best for the DiPitero's not to do any interviews. Even though I'd love to hear them respond to some things, I feel it's better they don't.
Them defending themselves would only lead to having to defend themselves more. Have you not witnessed the attacks from the "other side"? They can come up with a story of the week. And not just about them but anyone that they think is even remotely connected to them. So it would be never ending. What a waste of their time and energy that would be. When instead they should be doing just what they are doing. Looking for Ayla. Focusing on Ayla. Not bashing Ayla's other relatives. Now let's look at from the Reynolds side. What are they and their supporters focusing all of their time and energy and media spots even on? Not Ayla that is for sure. Not getting her home. Not promoting the fact to the public that she is alive and should be looked for. SO who is doing the right thing here for Ayla??
DeleteI'm behind on reading blogs! I'm reposting a comment I just left on a May blog.I think it fits better here.
ReplyDeleteQuotes taken from: www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Police-Ayla-likely-dead.html?searchterm=ayla+reynolds (thanks for the link, Looking At The Facts)
“After weeping for several seconds, Trista Reynolds yelled, “He knew! He knew! He knew!” ”
(Weeping “for several seconds”, says it all!!! Did anyone notice that when McCausland stated Ayla was likely dead, everyone hid there face at exactly the same time! What a farce! I would of expected Trista to appear with her ponytail and no make-up. OMG she was just given this news 1 1/2 hours ago. I guess it hadn’t sunk in yet, no puffy eyelids from crying, no smeared make-up, and her "snag a new baby daddy" clothes (contributed by daisy dukes, thanks! It’s perfect!). Oh, but LE never talked to her! She wasn’t even near a phone. That pesky phone, it’s only around when she needs to call Justin. Does it seem rehearsed?… hey Trista never used the word “like” once! LOL I could go on, but I’ll stop here-for now- the intelligent one’s on this blog see it.)
“Police shared their announcement with Ayla’s parents before the press conference. McCausland said Trista Reynolds, Ayla’s mother, was understanding and thankful for the call. “Justin was also thankful for the information. His reaction ... was no reaction,” he said. Asked if such a reaction is unusual, McCausland said, “Ask him.” ”
(So they were both thankful for the info, but Justin didn’t have a reaction? “Ask him.” These are the words of a spokesperson for the Police Department! Steve can you say “bias”?)
“The announcement was a major third increment in the investigation.”
(Had to throw this in! Another “three”. What’s up with the number three? Maybe we should ask Tori the relevance of “3” in an astrological chart! LOL)
“Our stance has not changed,” McCausland reiterated Thursday. “We feel they know more than they’ve told us.”
(Well Steve, as you should know, you gotta have more than a feeling to prove someone guilty, like… maybe evidence!)
Nothing new here!!!
I did wonder why Trista ripped off the microphone! Was an odd reaction to me. You made a very good point on that. Very well done Obscure, as usual! :)
Signed: getrealpeople
@getrealpeople - You have some quotes in your post that have been giving me a rough time, too. I realize a spokesperson is usually no more than the public face, but something is really wrong here. If not McCausland's words, then whose words are they? They ring the bell as female superior.
Delete----“Police shared their announcement with Ayla’s parents before the press conference.
OK. Finally, something occurred as it should have occurred.
----"McCausland said Trista Reynolds, Ayla’s mother, was understanding and thankful for the call.
Translation - female responds, thank you for confiding in me, thank you for your help, thank you for your time, thank you for your efforts, thank you for believing me, thank you for everything you do. You deserve a raise, you deserve a promotion, you deserve.....
I say... you don't wanna know what I say.
-----“Justin was also thankful for the information. His reaction ... was no reaction,” he said. Asked if such a reaction is unusual, McCausland said, “Ask him.” ”
This is my imagination here, and anyone that knows me can tell you that I have zero imagination to work with because I live in a world where it either 'is' or 'is not'. Thank you for telling me. Click.
Make sense? Got any insight on this?
Wish I could believe in MSP, but I don't extend that kind of faith to anybody. I'm worried for those people, and I don't know why I bother wasting the energy. I'm not reading anything except this site for now - I have some writing to do.
posted by mamamen 6/1/2012
I believe someone asked McCausland something like "did he just say thank you and hang up? or what else was said?" and McCausland stated he wasn't getting into specifics of what was said.
DeleteMamamen, Yes it does make sense.
DeleteA female/mother is usually portrayed differently than a male/father, especially in regards to their child. There is some truth (generally speaking) in how men and women think and react differently to various circumstances.
The female responds as you stated, or: how do you know this, what did you find, you’re not telling me everything, please don’t stop looking for my daughter, she’s not dead!
He wants proof (after all we are talking about his child’s life), not a gut feeling. No need to expound on it. That’s what you think, I don’t agree, but thanks for calling. (What more can he say, especially when they have been accusing him of killing his daughter.)
What reaction was LE looking for? (Answer? The one Trista gave.) And this is proof of what?
McCausland is certainly briefed on what he can say, and what he can’t say. But, he seems to get tripped up easily. As a spokesperson he should be able to answer questions that he didn’t prepare for! Such as, “Asked if such a reaction is unusual, McCausland said, “Ask him.” ” He gave the info, freely, that Justin’s reaction…was no reaction. Why? Is it relevant? Apparently McCausland thinks so, or he wouldn’t have said it. I guess he can only answer questions he has a script for.
Signed: getrealpeople
from "the space between's" comment about LE's phone call to Justin: "and McCausland stated he wasn't getting into specifics of what was said". He's not going to get into specifics of what was said? So why state anything if you're not going to back it up? Didn't have an answer did you Stephen?
Deletesigned: getrealpeople
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/05/31/news/mid-maine/police-highly-unlikely-ayla-reynolds-will-be-found-alive/
ReplyDeleteTrista: "I couldn’t, even if I wanted to, give her the most proper burial. I couldn’t even do that if I wanted to, because somebody has got her body somewhere, and nobody can tell me where.
If she wanted to? Where's Peeter when you need him? LOL
WTH!
signed: getrealpeople
LOL ..thanks
Deletewow...good catch on that pop fly, Getreal....Guess she doesnt want to.....
DeleteBTW .... Guitar tutor doesnt do Reynolds.
DeleteI wonder why Jeff wasn't there to comfort and support his step-daughter? Must of had something more important to do.
ReplyDeletesigned: getrealpeople
Probably relocating Ayla. Jeff, where is Ayla????
DeleteDid Jessica help?
DeleteTrista's dad was very vocal when Ayla disappeared. He spoke often and cried openly during interviews. After a few weeks of that he became silent. Now, here he is again, hiding his face, afraid to show his tears to the public? What does he know now that he didn't know before?
ReplyDeletesigned: getrealpeople
What does Jeff mean when he says, "When I look into Ayla's eyes..". These people are weird, or "aren't telling everything they know"!
ReplyDeletesigned: getrealpeople
Some times they just don't pass the straight face test.
DeleteOr the real thing dumb dumb
DeleteThis is Jeff's answer to clarify the contradiction :
ReplyDeleteThe press called and was invited to watch the News Conference before Trista received the phone call from Maine State Police.. Trista was told by MSP not to mention the phone call to anyone.
Okay. So if this is true, doesn't it sound an awful lot like what happened to Phoebe with the CNN interview? Do you think people will get off Phoebe's back and quit calling her a liar? Yeah, me neither.
DeleteI wonder if MSP knows they said that??
DeleteSo Jeff, even after McCausland said, in the press conference, that both parents were told one and a half hours before the conference, Trista still can't mention the phone call to anyone?
Deletesigned: getrealpeople
So I guess that means that Trista can tell a lie when she wants to, or has to.
Delete@ more questions-- excellent point. I wonder that as well. I genuinely wonder if there is a single one among them intelligent enough to break away and evaluate those discrepancies in their conclusions. -zelda
DeleteWhat everyone see's is a bunch of people prepared to react to news that they know is coming. Then overacting to news as though they have been told Ayla is confirmed dead. She IS NOT. They are only saying they do not hold out hope based on how much time has gone by. But as a mom you do not have to hold to those same standards. But as we know Trista and her family lowered their standards at five days so why should we be surprised. And for that matter why are they shocked now? They have been saying the very same thing themselves. In fact trying to convince the public of the very same thing since day five. So why the dramatic reaction to this news that LE does not have a lot of hope?
ReplyDeleteStill no clue - clearly that is a non-answer, but no one will challenge it or speak of it again, and it will be like it never happened. Trista watched the press conference, McCausland spoke 2 different times about having called her, the reporter questioning her repeated the gist of what McCausland said and asked her if she was told not to tell anyone else. She spoke a few sentences about it, shrugged like she was giving LE a pass, saying something like "maybe they did call, but I didn't get it." I don't see where there's room for misunderstanding there.
ReplyDeleteJeff removed the question and comments from his blog. See? Like it never even happened.
ReplyDeleteNot surprised!!!!
DeleteS, many others obviously know it was a lie and Jeff's explanation was bs - (as was the random explanation about wiping blood on her face) - but they are willing to completely overlook it, and continue to hold up Trista and Jeff as paragons of truth. Fancy that?
DeleteWhere are the analysts when you need them! Can someone please tell me what they see when Trista is talking about not being home all afternoon. Not being near a phone. What is the number one indicator of a liar. You do not have to even be an expert to know this one. Can not make eye contact.
ReplyDelete"I was not near a phone."
DeleteSure you were. Doctor's offices have phones. People have cell phones. There are pay phones on every corner...
Besides that, Jeffrey has come out and said she lied.
But she's the only human being not capable of lying. Remember? He expressly told the world so and his word ("wordman") is not to be questioned. I guezs her being incapable of lying is the reason Trista had to freak out amidst her poly exam rendering it incomplete and inconclusive....-yb
Delete