6.01.2012

Silence and Denial

“To the person, or persons, responsible for her disappearance, we ask that you now come forward,” John Nale said. “Accept responsibility for what you have done. Show us that you are human, and relieve yourselves, Ayla’s family and this community of this burden. For surely, your voluntary acts of admission will far outweigh your continued acts of silence and denial.




This is an directed to the person(s) who know where Ayla is located. This is speaking directly to anyone who is responsible for her disappearance.

If Ayla has been murdered, God forbid, why would an appeal be phrased in this manner? A murderer has more to worry about than their "continued acts of silence and denial". In fact, the murder charge will not be rescinded or lessened because a person comes forward voluntarily. To me, this is phrased as though someone has been hiding Ayla. When I read John Nale's words, I interpret them to mean "hey, you did something wrong, but if you admit it now rather than making us wait, the outcome will be better for you." In no way could this apply to a murderer.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong...I'm sure many of you will let me know that!

14 comments:

  1. the space between6/1/12, 2:34 PM

    Well, I first watched it I thought he said "omission" and was thinking "WTF does that even mean?"

    Admission certainly makes more sense. Perhaps John isn't on the same page as McCausland in that he believes someone has her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Nale is a lawyer so let's assume he chose his words carefully.

    He didn't say murder because LE isn't stating that directly.

    As far as "For surely, your voluntary acts of admission will far outweigh your continued acts of silence and denial"... when taken within the context of the preceeding sentence "Show us that you are human, and relieve yourselves, Ayla’s family and this community of this burden" I think he is referencing the personal/spiritual weight of carrying around the guilt.

    Since he said "Accept responsibility for what you have done" even earlier, I don't think he is implying a lesser punishment for an admission.

    Foe LE to come forward and say that based on the entirety of the case to date, including the EVIDENCE (that they are certainly not sharing with the public), that it is highly unlikely Ayla is still alive would certainly lead most reasonable people, like John Nale, to conclude that LE believes Ayla's disappearance is a result of her death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the space between6/1/12, 5:49 PM

      Thank you for that perspective, anon. Kindly and clearly stated.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome.

      Delete
  3. As in "the right thing to do" and for peace of mind. Not something this blog or it's followers could understand based on what is written here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the space between6/1/12, 5:53 PM

      sdf - that would have been a good comment if you'd stopped where you placed the first period.

      Delete
    2. Sfdfad... aren't *YOU* following this blog? Then you implied that you are also not capable of .... well what are you really stating? Why don't you start over and outline what it is that you think people who read this blog are nit capable of. I attempted to extract meaning from that which you typed and came up empty. Through no fault of my own. I fully understood Mr. Nale's comments, and based on the comprehension of the majority of people I converse with here it goes without saying that most got the gist of his statement. Even the blogger posed it as a question and an open call for correction. People can mean things other than exactly what they say at times. It's a fact of life. So this discussion neednt have turned into personal (and baseless) accusatory crap. You don't know anything about the strangers here or what they've done in their lives to demonstrate that they deeply understand what it is to do the hard, but right thing. Our believing that there are other possibilities still to look into makes us simply aware. I am aware that sometimes cops and detectives get it wrong. I am aware that often public perception is wildly inaccurate. I am aware that the words thus far spoken by LE should not lead an intelligent or discerning person to be SURE of what happened to Ayla or who is responsible. All facts. Name calling can't offend me when it's simply not deserved. (Note- s/he has name called on other posts.) -7

      Delete
  4. Doesn't it just mean they'll throw the book at someone if they don't tell. If they start speaking now, punishment will be lesser.

    BTW, your comment...."im sure many of you will let me know that.". Again, I sense a little hurt feelings here. A little bit of human emotion here. Good for you! You have a soul. There is hope! Although you deny it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. justin did it6/1/12, 9:36 PM

    The only one, "relieving" himself with be justin when he sh -ts his pants when they put the handcuffs on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How original of you, "justin did it".

      Delete
    2. justin did it6/2/12, 12:15 AM

      Not original, just the truth sweetie.

      Delete
    3. When will people who call strangers "sweetie" realize that it doesn't in any way convey authority or a grasp on etiquette? ~7

      Delete
  6. INO! Let's get out the ouija board!

    I heard a last name, too. I don't feel the need to relieve myself of that. I feel the need to let LE do what LE is paid to do. Send their preacher into the locker room to give them a good what-fer. At this time, I would like to share wise words spoken by our Masterful Teacher Obadiah... I forgot the story! Get out there and ask yourself!

    This particular thief is a repeater - as if LE didn't already know that. Each one is just like the first, because unlike the rest of us, this fatso's memories fade. We do what we can to keep the fire kindled, but it's getting late.

    posted by mamamen 6/1/2012

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selena Johnson6/3/12, 1:01 AM

    hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

ALL comments subject to removal. MODERATION becomes necessary when ignorance shows up. Don't be that person!