The Spin:
Q: Other reports suggest that CPS gave Justin temporary
custody of Ayla. I don't think you agree with that. But, after you got out of
rehab, a month went by where you never saw Ayla, why?
Trista: No, I had went like two and a half weeks without seeing her when I first got out of rehab, and then after, um, like the first week of November, I didn't see her again until the 21st of November. And then after the 21st of November I did not see her again.
Trista: We've
been unable to actually get along the last few weeks and "parent"
together.
The Truth:
Unable to determine, because if you notice the question is never answered.
The Spin:
Trista: I should be in Waterville right now
searching for my daughter but nobody will let me be there. Waterville PD are
telling me I can't be there… My whole family is ready to go up there and do our
own little search. But it's like, if the dogs can't even sniff her out from the
outside, then where is she? If she's not outside, then who has her? Where is
she? [are you not going because you don’t think you can find her, or because
you were told not to?]
The Truth:
Q: Is it true that you told Trista Reynolds not to search,
and has Justin Dipietro and his family expressed an interest in searching to
police?
A: I personally do not have any information that she has asked to participate in the searches, nor do I have any information that Justin has.
The Spin:
Whitney Raynor, her mother’s stepsister, said Monday that
welfare agents had placed Ayla with her father in November while the mother was
in rehab for substance abuse. The girl had bruises after being in her father’s
care, Raynor said, in addition to a broken arm three weeks ago.
“Our biggest fear is that he lost his temper and something happened. We’re trying not to think about that, but in the back of our minds it’s our biggest fear,” Raynor said from Portland, where Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, lives.
“Our biggest fear is that he lost his temper and something happened. We’re trying not to think about that, but in the back of our minds it’s our biggest fear,” Raynor said from Portland, where Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, lives.
The Truth:
Temporary custody:
Reporter: There's a lot of questions and speculation about the custody
situation, I know that Ayla was put into, by child protective services, into
custody, uh, Justin got custody of Ayla in October...
Trista: He did not get custody of Ayla.
Q:...temporary custody in October? He did not?
Trista: No, he did not, no, he did not.
Q: Why was she in his care?
Trista: Nothing stating..Because Department of Health and Human Services violated my rights. That is why she ended in Justin's care. There was no court order, there was no nothing that had to do with any custody at all. None, whatsoever.
Trista: He did not get custody of Ayla.
Q:...temporary custody in October? He did not?
Trista: No, he did not, no, he did not.
Q: Why was she in his care?
Trista: Nothing stating..Because Department of Health and Human Services violated my rights. That is why she ended in Justin's care. There was no court order, there was no nothing that had to do with any custody at all. None, whatsoever.
Well,
Trista...your own stepsister is unequivocally saying the Department of
health services gave Justin temporary custody while you were in rehab
for abusing drugs. You did not even answer the question, you simply said
your rights were violated. I didn't know the Constitution guaranteed
the right to be an unfit mother. Just so many contradictions of your own
thoughts...
Losing his temper:
Trista: I feel deep down inside that..he didn't hurt her but I do
think he did something with her.
Trista also said of Justin: "He is the only one who knows what I'm going through. He's going through
the same exact thing that I'm going through, missing his daughter.
We're missing our daughter right now. If it's anybody who knows, he
knows that I'm going through on the inside every single day."
How would a man who lost his temper and killed his child, or did something to make his child disappear, be feeling the same thing as an uninvolved mother? It's not possible. So either both of them have sociopathic tendencies or antisocial personalities, or they are both innocent and completely feeling the loss of their daughter. Her words, not mine.
The Spin:
Trista: Just..you
know, like, he says he's not in hiding, but why won't he come out?
The Truth:
Q: Can you give us a sense why you are coming forward now?
Justin: Uh, there is a few reasons why. Um, initially, the first few days, I was emotionally incapable of coming out to do an interview and I had been advised that, by coming on and doing an interview, by law enforcement, that it could possibly hinder the investigation.
Justin: Uh, there is a few reasons why. Um, initially, the first few days, I was emotionally incapable of coming out to do an interview and I had been advised that, by coming on and doing an interview, by law enforcement, that it could possibly hinder the investigation.
Q:
The DiPietros said that they were advised by police to not discuss details with
the media, is that correct?
Steve McCausland: Let me clarify that. Um, very early on in the investigation, in the first couple of days, we asked the principals involved not to speak to the media until we had a chance to talk with them firsthand. And they've all cooperated, they were all interviewed, and then I think there was a misunderstanding on their part that that was sort of like a permanent ban on talking to the media. It is not. We informed both Justin and his mother last night, both of which who have cited in some recent broadcast, uh, reports that police had asked them not to get into any details. Uh, we have clarified that with them, that we encourage them to talk to the media.
Steve McCausland: Let me clarify that. Um, very early on in the investigation, in the first couple of days, we asked the principals involved not to speak to the media until we had a chance to talk with them firsthand. And they've all cooperated, they were all interviewed, and then I think there was a misunderstanding on their part that that was sort of like a permanent ban on talking to the media. It is not. We informed both Justin and his mother last night, both of which who have cited in some recent broadcast, uh, reports that police had asked them not to get into any details. Uh, we have clarified that with them, that we encourage them to talk to the media.
Note: This does NOT explain Justin's continued absence in the media, there's no excuse or justification for that. He is not talking now, so people is saying he's guilty. If/When he starts talking then whatever he says will be used against him as well. He was not talking in the first few days, and people thought he was hiding and hiding information. In all reality, he was NOT talking because he was told NOT to talk.
_______________________________________________________________________
Source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7554664
The site linked contains a pretty awesome timeline with numerous links and interviews. I have not given links to each individual site, but you can click on the link and view them all collectively.
Have to agree with Chris. This blog sucks, and is so obviously in favor of Justin.
ReplyDeleteBeen backreading, got to this one. I think this particular post is pretty coherent and points to the problem here. I've read the couple pages of comments through here and a majority of people are being hotly antagonistic (and unstable to say the least) because anybody dares giving the guy benefit of doubt. Well, while I still won't speculate on what became of Ayla, I will have to stand beside the blogger here that the detective or cop, whoever, validated what Justin said. That's not uncommon for people to walk on eggshells and not want to make the wrong move in a case.
ReplyDeleteBut there's another very plausible reason why Justin may be avoiding the media that isn't about guilt over murdering his child. It'd be straight up indifference. Usually the ones all over the front page yapping off stories have other agendas. Those who take it seriously (and who have cable tv) know the media is no longer a real source of valid reporting, it's a frigging clownshow appeasing every other unstable idiot slobbering after Nancy Grace.
If it was me and my child went missing, I'd use the media MY way, to get information out where I needed to but I wouldn't be doing a bunch of interviews, nor would I give one rat's ass about pacifying some bored housewife with nothing better to do than rant and rave opinions that don't mean squat. I wouldn't have time to concern myself with going on HLN and telling NG my story. Screw them. My child's life would be more important than exploiting it for a few minutes of fame.
I can see Justin going, "pff, who cares what they think?" and having no need to prove himself to the general public. But I see Trista seeming to milk those interviews more and more.
Maybe he doesn't gravitate to the cameras because he's not worried about what Suzy Homemaker is wigging out about. That's her problem, he's got more important things to deal with.
Just sayin.
And I still haven't read all the dark gory details. Maybe it'll change but persecuting the guy because he doesn't answer YOUR questions is just too bad. If his story doesn't add up, then the detectives questions will be the ones he'll be most worried about.
Sorry, blog owner, but there are some unstable folks flocking to your comments box...who are they? Why are they so defensive about giving anyone the benefit of doubt until *sufficient evidence* is produced that shows something? It'll be amusing when it happens to them one day - and it will, since this seems to be the disturbing trend now a days...shoot first, evidence be damned.
Stacey, I think I'm in love with you.
DeleteJust kidding. Your post was GREAT though. You hit everything spot on, in my opinion.
i noticed the link to websleuths and was reminded..
ReplyDeletei think it was a week ago, ten days, i checked the latest Ayla thread there.
the place was so horrible, one comment was so vile, i won't repeat it but it literally made me sick. whoever that commenter is needs psychiatric treatment.
i screenshot it and sent a message to Tricia Griffith who owns the site and asked her if she would pull the comment and also remind the 'moderator' there the 'rules' again because the thread is just one long threat and horrible inaccurate rants. it is a sewar with the blood thirsty vigilantes spewing non stop hate and BS.
Tricia has a dicey rep, (though i think she is rather interesting sometimes), so i don't know if she did anything..the comment that is really vile still remained posted when i rechecked a few days later, but i did seem to feel a pall hung over the place and the commenters might have been given a 'talking to'..buy maybe that is my imagination and Tricia doesn't give a shit..the place is pure ads.
i am not a member there, never have been, (so i have no sway), but i did help lead Val to the light and she shut the hinky down once the scales fell off her eyes so to speak..so i figured it was worth a try to point out to Tricia how sickening and unfair the comments were and i gave her a few basics of the case, such as no one being ruled out as a suspect and no one named even a POI.
ot: i think Trista might be commenting there, who else would use the user name buggy's mom or something like that.
anyway, just remembered, seeing you linked to their timeline (which is really thorough).