2.29.2012

Courtney Roberts and the 'Cinderella Effect'

A commenter noted the lack of speculation regarding Courtney, and that was a very valid observation. Here it goes!

Even though Justin and Courtney were not married, they are said to have been in a long-term (5 year) on/off again relationship. This is sort of weird, considering they both had children under 2 by different people.

For the purposes of this post, Courtney will be viewed as a "step parent" to Ayla; she somewhat fits into this role, and she may have been a caregiver for Ayla during the short time Justin had custody of her. The emphasis on "step parent" is to highlight the fact that Ayla and Courtney have NO biological ties.

What Do We Know About Courtney?
-She lived across the street from Justin and his roommates in Portland
-She is a young, African American female with a small child
-Her sister, who also lived in the apartment with her, was arrested on federal drug trafficking charges
-She had a rough pregnancy, and her boyfriend wanted her to have an abortion
-She is a college student, most recently working to be admitted to a graduate level program

What Role Did Courtney Play in Ayla's Life?
-We really do not have any solid information about this, which in itself is shocking. We have not seen anyone say "She loved Ayla like she was her own" or anything to that effect
-Is it possible that Courtney was left to watch Ayla and her own young son while Justin was out doing whatever he does

How Did Justin Getting Custody Affect Courtney?
-Justin would have to have more contact with Trista, who he may very well have cheated on Courtney with
-Justin would be moving more than an hour away to live in Waterville with his mother
-Justin would be splitting his time between Courtney, Ayla, and Ayden (the similarity in the names is o.O)
-Justin would have to stop working in Portland (if he ever was) and lose his income at least for awhile
-Courtney was said to have spent the weekends in Waterville, that may have affected her as well
-Not related to custody, but Justin was also ordered to pay child support. Did Courtney share the costs if Justin could not pay himself?

Why Is It Important to Look at Courtney?

She may have had any or all of the following:
-Jealousy or ill feelings toward the mother and/or child
-Opportunity
-Means
-Access
-Family members involved in criminal activity

She does not have:
-an alibi, and we know she was in the house
-any public statements or explanation for her involvement, or any public supporters for that matter (her mother has not even come out and said "I know my daughter, and she'd never do anything to hurt a child")
-any reason to hide, but she is
-clearance from the State Police; and there is speculation that she refused to take a lie detector, because she didn't "trust" it
-a biological relation to Ayla

The 'Cinderella Effect' basically describes how young children are more likely to abused/killed by step-parents. The name of the theory is obviously taken from Cinderella's story, and we all know how horribly she was treated by her step-family. Think about how often we see a child killed or abused by a step-parent, mom's new boyfriend, or dad's girlfriend. We see it a lot actually, and the fact that Courtney is one of the three who has not given a full story means that there is a possibility that she was directly responsible for whatever happened to Ayla. Did Justin stand by and let Courtney treat Ayla badly? I would hope not, but again, Courtney is not talking and giving any clue as to what that relationship was like.

The video from Cumberland Farms shows Justin--Ayla is not with him nor is Courtney. Was Courtney left at home to provide care for both Ayden and Ayla? Did something happen, accidentally, or did Courtney snap? Did Ayla do something to her own child, and Courtney overreacted harming Ayla in the process? Only time will tell. Courtney has been on my radar from the beginning, but she seems to have a lot to lose in this.

The only problem is, why would the DiPietro family cover for an outsider? Isn't BLOOD THICKER THAN WATER?

32 comments:

  1. I think it's important to look at Courtney too. I do have some idea that, from pictures and comments made by family friends, Ayla and Ayden were being "raised as siblings". The pictures that I've seen that Courtney brought forward for fliers and such all show a smiling little girl who seems happy to pose for the camera. I don't know that Ayla was "abused" by any of her family members on either side. Slightly neglected, eh yeah probably at least by one parent. No matter what, all members and associates of each family should be looked at. I'm holding out hope that the tip that was leaked to the media of Ayla being seen with Trista recently by a Reynold's family friend is true and Ayla will found soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not A leaked tip it was a rumor that that happened. A rumor that police questioned her.It never happened.there was no tip.

      Delete
    2. so police are even so thorough that they even check out rumors. wow! there are being diligent in this case huh?

      Delete
    3. it's a rumor that police got a tip and checked out Trista. Obviously a rumor started by the guilty ones. They will do anything to divert attention from the truth of what happened to ayla.

      Delete
    4. LE... ^^^ You know that these statements by these people onlne are not true. I trust that you are at least taking note of how certain they are of things; and happen to be totally wrong. Because these are the people who believe that "justin did it". You know the tip was real, you know when the tip was provided, and you know that the blogger and Justins supporters had nothing to do with it. Please don't forget what is happening. Because when you know one piece of this case in an absolute way and you can see what this part of the public does to it...it speaks volumes about everything else they are saying. LE knows that isn't true anon. It did happen. There was a tip. It wasn't "dip supporters" and it certainly wasn't a blogger.

      Delete
  2. How would you know that "Courtney brought forward" the pictures of Ayla for the flyers?

    And how do you know that "the tip was LEAKED to the media"?

    Did you call in the "tip" then "leak" it too the media? Or know who did? Since you will certainly deny knowing anyone or anything, as usual, I hope you'll at least will share your thoughts with the rest of the class.

    Wow! Someone has a lot to lose and/or a lot to gain by sending LE out on wild goose chases. Innocent people would have no reason to pull such a stunt. IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Someone has a lot to lose and/or a lot to gain by sending LE out on wild goose chases. Innocent people would have no reason to pull such a stunt. IMO.

      ---------------------------------------------------

      It is a relief however to KNOW that LE is following up on EVERY asinine lie put out there.

      Delete
    2. The tip is public knowledge. Ron leaked it to the media in the interview. Did you read the article or watch the news video???

      Delete
  3. Did LE reveal what was seen in the video? Is there a link to what exactly was in the video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. As far as I know, it is Justin with 2 other men---and one of the other men is said to be a person of interest to the investigation. I think it just shows him buying cigarettes at 2 am.

      Law enforcement could be interested in the clothes he was wearing or what else he may have purchased. Just guesses of mine though.

      Delete
  4. I don't think Justin and Courtney were in a relationship as long as you say, five years. I think that Courtney was a new girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was information put out by Angela Harry herself. Whether it is true or not, I don't know.

      Delete
    2. Oh right, so since Angela said it, it must be true, what a crock!

      Delete
    3. Even though Justin and Courtney were not married, they are said to have been in a long-term (5 year) on/off again relationship.

      That's exactly what I wrote. I did not imply it as fact, sorry if you felt I did.

      Delete
    4. Um. Angela never said 5 years. At all. That's not true.

      Delete
  5. It says in the news article that there was a tip and Trista was questioned but the tip itself, Trista being seen with Ayla, was claimed a rumor by Ron. Did Ron ever take a lie detector test? hmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he would have no problem taking a poly. He is obviously a loving grandfather to Ayla and very concerned and willing to do anything to help LE locate his beloved granddaughter. Unlike Phoebe.

      Delete
    2. is he relly a sex offendrer?

      Delete
    3. NO, he is not a sex offender, and you know it. you are just trying to stir up stuff that you know is not the case. Pretty low, but not effective. people know better than to fall for your game

      Delete
    4. I was wondering how long it would take before someone tries to throw the "African American" girlfriend under the bus ! I mean, come on... Do you really think that the family will protect her and continue to allow themselves to be "persons of interect". This is a red herring and an attempt for the defense to throw out a "reasonal doubt" tactic to the public and potential jurors. Nice try Seeking Truth, but it isn't going to work! ( too much evidence against Justin)

      Delete
    5. Then why hasn't he taken a poly? Why hasn't Jessica taken one?

      Delete
  6. "why would the DiPietro family cover for an outsider?"

    No family would cover for an outsider, if one of theirs is not directly responsible and no outsider would cover for a family if she is not directly responsible. That is why most likely there are at least 2 who commited a crime or know what happened to Ayla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have felt strongly on Courtney being fully involved in this (just from information released already); something hasn't sat right with me from the beginning of following this case--I hope LE is focusing on her behind the scenes since we're not reading otherwise lately. I've asked myself the same question, as to "isn't blood thicker than water", but in hindsight, it's true what they say in that family isn't always just blood, it's those that you also care deeply enough for that you keep them just as close in heart. Truly hoping for a miracle...love and light to sweet Ayla. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems totally impossible to me that an entire family would cover for anyone, even one of their own, murdering a baby. Possible that they would cover if it was accidental and there were drugs in the home and they had a fear of losing the other babies to the state. Courtney acting alone seems more probable, for all the reasons you stated here. Perhaps Justin really did think that someone in Trista's family took Ayla... that would explain why when the police showed him the blood in the basement he freaked out. Clearly no one knows for sure, except one or a few who aren't talking. I've been following this case online for awhile. When I watched the news last night and heard all of the info on the Jerry Perdomo case, I was aghast. It was shocking to me to have so much information so soon... to have a full confession from Daniel Porter about murdering a man he owed drug money to... and here we are at over 2 months and whoever knows what happened to baby Ayla hasn't had any conscience to come forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In reply to anon 9:26a.m. Why do you believe Courtney acting alone seems more probable? You people never cease to amaze me. Sorry, not buying what you're selling. I keep going back to Justin. Things not adding up with his story. Let him tell it. BOTH babies were targets. Gabby's father wanted to take her and some unknown person wanted to take Ayla. Me thinkest he is a liar and a killer of his own child and his defense team is all over the map throwing out Skoopid reasonal doubt moves for his forecoming trial.

      Delete
  9. For a long time I felt Justin was responsible for whatever happened to Ayla, which is certainly what the police are leading us to believe. Then I started wondering why I should feel so certain based on what the police have said, when they have more information than I do and haven't made an arrest. I just couldn't imagine a girlfriend with a baby of her own covering up for a crime involving her boyfriend's baby. At first I wondered if perhaps she got there after Ayla went missing and was told Ayla was already in bed, but wouldn't we have heard that? I've read on some boards that she still sees Justin, why would she do that in light of all the evidence against him? It's hard to fathom, and also to stomach, that an entire family could and would lie about what happened to Ayla... her father, her aunt and grandmother - both of whom are mothers. Perhaps I'm just trying to apply logic in a situation where logic doesn't apply... to make sense out of something that is senseless... because even when the truth comes out, as I hope every day it will, it's still not going to make sense. I'm not trying to "sell" anything... just thinking aloud as we all do when we post. Like you, I keep going back to Justin, but I have to wonder why he hasn't been arrested yet... is he that much of a genius? How is he withstanding the pressure and the guilt so long? How are they all doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you please give a list of reasons showing Justin could be the guilty party. And everyone can debate over the facts. You can use the same outline that you used for Courtney. Also...do you really believe the family will protect Courtney if she is responsible for the disappeance of Ayla? I think Courtney is being railroaded by you and your team, whomever it may be. imo

    ReplyDelete
  11. One i believe everyone that was in that house that night had something to do with little Ayla bell come up missing. and it does not matter her color if she didnt do anything wrong then why not take a lie dec test exam n prove shes not lieing. And the family could be covering up for her person she could saying if you dont cover for me i will take you down with me, maybe that courtney did that nobody knows the truth but the people in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There have been photos of Courtney and Ayla, and in those photos Courtney seems to be taking good care of Ayla... holding her, giving her drinks from a sippy, etc. No, we wouldn't hear someone say she loved Ayla like her own- by all accounts, Justin barely saw Ayla until she was in his custody, and she was only in his custody a short while. Realistically, she probably isn't going to bond with Ayla to the point of her feeling like Ayla was her own child. Your speculation is quite wild- we have no idea about Courtney yet you're basically saying she was a jealous, angry psycho who killed Ayla because she was mad Justin cheated on her with Trista... ?? I appreciate you trying to connect some dots, but these speculations are irresponsible and have absolutely no basis in fact. Even to the point that you're emphasizing Courtney's sister's actions (drug bust) more than Courtney's own (being in college and working toward a grad program.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin wasn't cheating on courtney with Trista. That statement about 5 years is incorrect, and attributed to Angela H- but she has never stated that length of time.

      Delete
  13. P.S. I certainly am very suspicious of Justin and those in the house that night. It's obvious they know what happened (not cooperating with police, failing lie detector tests, police saying their story is full of holes, etc.) so please don't think I'm some Justin & Courtney sympathizer. I just felt this conspiracy theory regarding Courtney was over the top, and at times it is things like that which end up hindering the situation rather than helping it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stacey Taylor3/7/12, 2:41 AM

    So, why does "they know what happened to Ayla" mean the same as "they did something to her" or "they killed her"?

    They probably do know where she is. What, in that, means she's supposed to be dead?

    Why can't she be alive?

    Courtney's sister's actions are not a reflection on Justin, nor do they provide some basis to suspect him of murder. There's no clear evidence of homicide, else someone would be in jail, even if they pulled them in on some other charge to keep them on ice while they built a more solid case. Sure, they may know more than they're saying, may be lying through their teeth...but it doesn't automatically mean it's 3 people covering up a murder.

    I've yet to see anything that convinces me Trista was the better parent. I wouldn't let her babysit any of my kids for any reason. Not even for 20 minutes. She may be a nice, sweet girl, but she's clearly an unfit parent. This guy looks like he stepped up, so I guess I'm still waiting on that "something" that shows he'd abused the girl, that he was more unfit than Trista, or that he isn't just keeping the girl hidden to make sure Trista doesn't get her *because* she's an unfit parent.

    If you got it, share please. Just to catch me up.

    ReplyDelete

ALL comments subject to removal. MODERATION becomes necessary when ignorance shows up. Don't be that person!