10.10.2012

The Sum Total of Ignorance (Comments - Part 3)-CLOSED for Comments


You know the drill. Comments have reached 200 (well..198, but that could change by the time I post this). Thank you for the heads-up email. Please continue your discussions here.

-#2

186 comments:

  1. Looking At The Facts10/10/12, 3:34 PM

    Just wanted to copy this over from the last post to continue the discussion

    mckeekitty10/10/12 1:52 PM

    Back to the 911 calls. Do we even KNOW Trista heard a word from those tapes? When I Google the matter, it all just bounces back to SA and J4A. There is absolutely no "real" media coverage, and not a word from LE...not even a "no comment." Did a reporter not even ask McCausland about it? That is hard for me to grasp. I would think Ben McCanna would simply ask "did Trista hear the 911 tape?"

    I'm not sure I can trust the "hang-ups" and Justin's "contrived" voice.

    Please correct me if I missed an article or news feed about this.
    Reply
    Replies

    Looking At The Facts10/10/12 2:05 PM

    Mckeekitty

    Do you know which J4A post the 911 calls are discussed? I'm guessing there is probably a yahoo story by Carol about these but I donot remember any crebible news story about it. If I find one I will share
    Dee10/10/12 2:24 PM

    Looking...April 12 - 911 Calls Sound Contrived. There are no links to actual news articles within the post.

    McKee...I can't find any media coverage either. It's just Trista's word and it's up to the individual whether or not it's believable.

    OT - Looking through the old posts on this topic there were comments by a "Dee" who is not me. I wasn't posting using that name until recently. I might have to change my name again.
    mckeekitty10/10/12 2:33 PM

    Another thing, Looking. LE was quite adament about NOT releasing the 911 tape, not even in transcript form.

    What would be the purpose of having Trista hear the tape? The only one I can come up with is to gauge a reaction. I mean, think about it. Did Trista demand to hear the tape because she is Ayla's mother and wanted to hear Justin's words and tone? I don't think LE would have accomodated that request. LE cited a very unusual legal circumstance to keep public transcripts out of the public domain.

    LE makes very few statements, but they were clear as a bell on this one...NO release of the 911 call.

    PS...can someone here please tell my good friend anonymous that I no longer engage with moronic stalkers. TIA!
    Looking At The Facts10/10/12 2:41 PM

    This is the only thing i can find which is just as i suspected a yahoo story by Carol. It basically just recaps the blog

    http://news.yahoo.com/justin-dipietro-didn-t-tell-trista-reynolds-baby-152200570.html

    This makes no sense since this same writer writes an article on March 31 talking about the legalities of releasing the tapes and says

    Deputy Chief Charles Rumsey said release would interfere with law enforcement proceedings. He justified the withholding under provisions authorizing police to keep intelligence and investigative information confidential.

    So unless Trista is a member of LE involved in this investigation I do not see how she could have heard them.

    http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-mystery-witness-surfaces-911-transcripts-sought-205200032.html

    Let's also remember Trista has also said “The police have told me I can tell people whatever I want about the investigation, but that they won’t back me up with it,” Reynolds said.
    McCausland said Wednesday he would not verify or deny Trista’s statements or the information posted on the website.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/15/news/state/aylas-mother-going-on-offensive-in-search-for-missing-girl/
    Looking At The Facts10/10/12 2:46 PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking At The Facts10/10/12, 3:34 PM

      McKee

      IMO it just seems strange that just before the balloon vigil LE would show all this to Trista. According to J4A and U4A she was told about the blood binging more than a small cut wouldproduce and also got to listen to the 911 tapes and after all that went to the vigil and was friendly with Justin. Then said it was awesome to finally talk to him. SMH
      mckeekitty10/10/12 2:58 PM

      Looking...wow. Thanks very much for that research. You're good and quick!

      I do recall that it was an unusual step for LE to seal the 911 call and not to release it in transcript. It is generally considered public information.

      SMH...me too.
      more questions10/10/12 3:07 PM

      Not only was it just before the vigil, she was on her way to the vigil according to a posting on U4A.

      http://united4ayla.com/911-calls-sound-contrived/

      Quote:
      Trista requested to listen to the 911 calls on January 28th while speaking with investigators in Augusta on her way to a Balloon Vigil in Waterville where Ayla was last seen.

      Scout10/10/12 3:14 PM

      I guess I don't have a hard time believing LE would let Trista listen to the 911 calls - at least selectively. I believe they share more with the families than they do with the public. I think there is likely a reason she didn't get to hear the third call and the reason wasn't that it was more of the same.
      Reply

      Delete
    2. Looking...thanks for bringing this over. I didn't want to lose traction...

      I'm not trying to over-analyze this. But it was my understanding that Justin had a "contrived" (rehearsed?) tone and disconnected from the dispatcher at least twice while reporting Ayla missing. But when I step back, I realize this is only coming from Trista's camp (once again) and has not been touched upon by the media or LE.

      Trista has not been officially ruled out as a suspect, and yet this tape is considered "hot" by LE.

      The MS made a pretty fucking big deal that the 911 tape would NOT be released. So I'm trying to understand the motive in sharing it with Trista. I just don't believe they would accomodate her request on something considered so sensitive and confidential that it circumvents the Freedom of Information Act ruling that 911 transcripts belong in the public domain.

      Right now, it doesn't make an iota of sense to me. Has LE "silently" cleared Trista as a suspect? If not, I'm uncomfortable that she had partial access to the contents on the tape.

      Delete
    3. Looking At The Facts10/10/12, 4:30 PM

      I agree I also have a huge problem with Trista saying LE was going to show her the things found in the river to see if she could identify them. LE has never confirmed this or commented on it as far as I remember. Why would they ask someone who has not seen her except for a couple doctors visits in 2 months to identify items that may or may not belong to Ayla or relate to Ayla? Was that just to see what kind of reaction there would be? Notice they never did show her anything? Was it that in the third 911 call that Justin may have indicated something else was missing and they were seeing if she would tip her hand so to say.

      Delete
    4. the space between10/10/12, 4:45 PM

      Looking - re: "Was it that in the third 911 call that Justin may have indicated something else was missing and they were seeing if she would tip her hand so to say."

      That makes perfect sense to me. Having read that, I am now thinking about the claim that Trista had been asking about certain things. For example, a pink blanket from very early in the investigation. If by chance a pink blanket, unmentioned by anyone in LE, DID go missing with Ayla wouldn't that be deemed suspect if Trista's been asking about it from the beginning?

      Delete
    5. Looking...I'm captivated with your inquisitive mind.

      I'm certainly not trying to make Trista fit into a "guilty-by-proxy" mold, but man, something is REALLY off. Yeah...whatever became of those promised photos of items found near the Kennebec? The DiPietros would be better positioned to identify Ayla-related items than Trista.

      I have long suspected that the river items were "planted" and designed to be recovered. But I honestly can't venture a guess by whom.



      Delete
    6. Looking At The Facts10/10/12, 5:32 PM

      Mckeekitty

      I have from day one thought Justin was not involved and I have spent many hours researching everything I can and many people that are associated with this case.

      I will say I have tried to figure out how Justin could be involved, I have looked at things over and over but unfortunately the things that Trista and Jeff say and contradict all the time makes it very hard for me to not think they had something to do with it. I think the thing that really gets me the most is going back to the texts that Justin was afraid someone would take Ayla. I have screenshots but I have no way to post it here but Trista on March 20 posted on A4A saying the last time Justin said that was around December 9-12, his words were according to Trista "I should not have to be scared or live in fear in my own home thinking someone can come at anytime and take Ayla." Then Jeff says on April 27 on A4A the abduction fear texts started a month after Justin had Ayla and the last one was the day before she went missing.

      IMO I think if this statement Trista says Justin made is true it did not come out of the blue. It would have to be a response to maybe a threat Trista made saying she could come get Ayla anytime she wanted because neither one of them had a court ordered custody agreement. This conversation happening makes sense for the time frame because maybe Justin then said he was going to go file for legal custody of Ayla. I do believe that since they had those texts back and forth Trista may have thought if Ayla went missing Justin would probably call her first instead of LE. Trista filing on the 15 IMO was just a way to make sure she was not indicated if something went wrong. The timing has always bothered me so much. Trista has said Justin didn't know she made sure he didn't know because he was vindictive according to her

      Delete
    7. the space between10/10/12, 5:51 PM

      Looking - re: "I have from day one thought Justin was not involved and I have spent many hours researching everything I can and many people that are associated with this case."

      What are your thoughts on Courtney?

      Delete
    8. Looking At The Facts10/10/12, 6:26 PM

      My thoughts on Courtney is she is a single mother raising her child and going to school to better herself for the sake of her son. Of the pictures I have seen of her with Ayla she seems nurturing and loving to her. All 3 kids seem healthy and happy. Granted I know her sister is involved in drugs but I can not hold that against Courtney. I actually think it shows her strength to be exposed to that and not get sucked into it instead try to make something of herself. I do not for a minute believe Wordman's story of Trista and Justin still having an affair. Justin found out Ayla was his and started bonding with her. Trista asked Justin to take Ayla while she got on her feet(not sure whether or not DHHS was involved in that decision). Justin moved out of his apartment to move back home to care for his daughter, at that point if Courtney did not want to deal with Trista or Ayla in his life she could have easily just stopped seeing him but instead she would pack up her child and go to visit more than an hour away on the weekends. They would have outings together and the children seemed happy when they were together.

      Delete
    9. pictures mean shit. a picture paints a 1000's words you want others to see.You CAN and SHOULD hold it against courtney that she lived in the same house as her dealer sister and EXPOSED her child to that danger. she knew, the neighbors knew, it was so bad they reported it.She should have told her aunt and asked briona to take her shit elsewhere.stick up for these kids for a change.

      Delete
    10. the space between10/10/12, 7:09 PM

      Looking - you likely know more about Courtney than most of us. To an outsider looking in things seem different. A person in the role of a step parent can have issues with the child changing their lives, or issues with their partner being involved with the ex. Those issues could become stronger if the partner says they want to get sole custody of the child. I've thought around this case hundreds of ways since December. I still can't say I know what happened. Speculating: I see Courtney as a possibility (I see other possibilities also). It seems it would be easier for one person to keep quiet about something like this than it would be for two or more. Did Courtney know Trista was going to Machiasport? As I've said before, whenever I consider different scenarios, some other competing thought says why it couldn't be. In this instance, I would think Justin and/or someone in his family would have figured it out by now.

      Delete
    11. the space between10/10/12, 10:22 PM

      re: "I do not for a minute believe Wordman's story of Trista and Justin still having an affair."

      Do you believe that some of the blood found at the home was Trista's?

      Delete
    12. Looking...well, here's a piece of why I believe I was kicked off from U4A:

      Answers4Ayla says:
      June 7, 2012 at 10:18 pm
      mckeekitty; Trista had mentioned to me the conversation she had with Phoebe about the gun (on November 3rd). But I never thought about it until she brought it up with Chelsea, because I assumed that MSP had processed whatever gun/s they found early in the investigation.

      ..but you got me thinking, did MSP even know that Phoebe had a gun and told Trista about it? Trista does not remember why Phoebe even brought it up or if she told LE about the conversation.. so I will. Thank you.
      _______________________

      Note the November 3 date. There's more. Do some digging...you'll find it.

      I got close, and was banned from U4A for being "too graphic."

      Delete
    13. Looking At The Facts10/11/12, 7:02 AM

      Space

      I see your point about Courtney, the only thing is Courtney is not a step parent. Justin and Courtney are not married so at anytime if dealing with Trista was too much Courtney could simple cut all ties and walk away from Justin. I like you look at different scenarios and still can not come to an absolute conclusion in my mind. I do however truly believe that all 3 people in the house that night would not be able to keep their stories straight after all this time. Someone would slip up. These are not 3 people who have been hiding or have run away. After all even LE said in the press conference they are free to come and go just like you or I Trista's stories have been all over the map from day 1. Her and Jeff contradict each other all the time.

      As for the blood of Trista's being found, I do not believe LE released that I believe that was just another Wordman detail. If there is a link that shows LE confirmed it could you please post it for me.


      Mckeekitty
      I do remember seeing the conversation when you were put on moderation. I wonder if the comments are still there. I'll have to do some digging today

      Delete
    14. more questions10/11/12, 9:30 AM

      McKee-that would be the same November 3rd that included Lily's "ladybug blanket" and a visit to Waterville that was not, nor has ever been, included in their bullshit timeline.

      Delete
    15. Looking At The Facts10/11/12, 9:41 AM

      Not to mention that the whole ladybug blanket story was bullshit. Jessica doesn't have a child named Lily. And according to Jeff Trista had been asking for that blanket back since week 1.

      Delete
    16. Trista was done with rehab and was at the DiPietro home on November 3. Phoebe drops the gun bomb. There are three small children in that house. Trista permits Ayla to remain at 29 Violette.

      The gun detail is picked up in the CH interview. Jeff admits to learning about the gun on November 3, but he can't remember if MSP is aware of it?????

      There are some interesting comments in the June/July timeframe at U4A. Remember...Tori vanishes. Jeff turns frosty towards me when he learns I've contacted MSP with my concerns. My days on the blog are numbered.

      "Too graphic" my ass.

      Delete
    17. the space between10/11/12, 10:32 AM

      more questions - True - and I don't think it's been said who took Trista to Waterville on the 3rd?

      Looking - I had taken the notion that some of the blood was Trista's as being a good thing. I don't know much about forensics, but thought perhaps that some of the blood that had been concerning to LE (when they made the announcement) may have had preliminary markers suggesting it could be Ayla's - but that when it was sent away for further testing it was shown to be Trista's.

      re: "I do however truly believe that all 3 people in the house that night would not be able to keep their stories straight after all this time." - I believe that also. Furthermore, I don't think they would try. I believe Phoebe has enough life experience and wisdom to have figured out months ago if 2 of her children were not telling the truth about what happened. I also believe she would have the foresight to know what this would do to her family, that she would know it would be in the best interest of her child to own up to it, and that she would not risk herself and the rest of her family to cover something that should not be covered for. For those that say "Justin did it and Phoebe knows" - I see NO WAY she would risk Elisha and Gabby and allow Justin to go through the torment and guilt of not being held accountable for it.



      Delete
    18. facts -Lily is Tristas brother's Ronnie's child.my question is- if the lewiston police and justin took ayla kicking and screaming, just WHEN did jessica pack up this bag with all these cloths and blanket in it?

      mckee-I dont think pheebs dropped a gun bomb. I think what she said was the house was protected. trista may have interpreted that to mean she had a gun in the house. sleezy jeff posted it as fact there was a gun. just like the blood. maybe trista was told there was several spots of blood, more than a cuts worth. trista may have understood that as a LOT, and told jeff it was more than a cupful. jeff posts it as fact.

      I thought I read somewhere that trista was upset after that visit on nov 3 because phoebe didnt like her.maybe phoebe decided right then and there she was never going to let ayla go back to her mother? was phoebe trying to scare trista with her comments that made trista think she had a gun. did this really happen?


      Delete
    19. "Did this really happen?"
      ____________________________________

      That question pretty much sums it up in my book. Most of this information stems from one extremely biased source, and LE won't confirm or deny the assertions.

      That's a problem.

      Delete
    20. and the 'SOURCE' is a mentally ill woman who is a raging alcoholic and druggie................. her reality is askewed for sure.how much of it really happened and how much is in her head or intoxicated dreams. that is a problem, because even if she is being truthful as she understands things, her credibility is shot along with her braincells from all the mental disease and chemicals eating her brain.

      Delete
    21. My thoughts are pretty similar with Looking's.

      I don't believe Wordman's affair story either.
      I always had doubts about it, because...
      Jeff rerouted A4A to J4A just in time for Wordman's story.
      Why?.
      I think he didn't want the story on A4A. He didn't want his name on it either. Why not if it is true?

      After seeing the e-mails from Jeff to Tori concerning this..."Blood, Lies and Family Ties"...I'm about 99% sure the story or most of it was someone's immagination.




      Delete
    22. So supposedly Justin was slipping trista the sausage when he went to get ayla for visits? so if courtney knew this then she would have incentive to remove the reason for those visits. didnt she have a bf/her sons baby dadda in college who cheated on her. she must feel real scorned.

      and courtney seemed fine when justin had ayla temporarily, but did her attitude change when justin told her he was going to file for full custody? to me it didnt look like justin took care of ayla himself. looked like phoebe, elisha, courtney and connie took turns. and if courtney had designs on marrying this ugly guy, she might be resentful if the bitch she hated kid was thrust upon her long term and permanent.

      Delete
    23. Justin was a very hands on dad. It is the opposite of what you are saying. It was important to Justin that he be Ayla's primary caretaker especially early on. It was important to him to bond with her. Both Phoebe and Justin have said this. As far as Courtney goes seems to me she is a smart girl. She would realize that Justin did not need Ayla in order to be with Trista. Maybe Trista thought she could use Ayla that way? But why would Courtney? I mean he did not need Ayla the first time why would he need her if he still wanted her? I don't really follow that thinking.

      Delete
    24. Really, Anon 7:26? So, tell us...what else did you witness?

      Delete
    25. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    26. the space between10/11/12, 9:21 PM

      I would think that the changes in Courtney's lifestyle would have taken some sort of toll on her - between school, work, her own son, etc. Then her boyfriend moved from across the street to an hour north with his toddler daughter. Courtney was packing her son up each weekend to visit Justin in his mother's basement. Justin's toddler's mom would be calling and texting constantly. There may or may not have been suspicion about their relationship, certainly Trista would be annoying, at best. Then to find out Justin wants to be permanent in Waterville with Ayla. I think that would be very stressful, if she didn't want to lose her relationship. How are things going for her now?

      Delete
    27. @ Space

      I would think things are certainly a lot more stressful now. Than they were before don't you think? So probably the idea of removing Ayla from the picture as Anon said would not have been the best solution. And one would think that a smart person would be able to have thought of that. What are your thoughts on that?

      Delete
    28. people dont think of consequences because they dont think they will be caught. with trista and her child support payment drain out of the picture it would be smooth sailing for them. as courtney said via angela, things were looking bright in the big picture for them. then justin decides he will file for custody and all hell breaks loose. ayla disapears and briona busted for drugs. I am sure briona thought she would get away with peddling oxy, coke and pot and rake in the dough and not get caught.courtneys master plan of happily ever after blown up in smoke.....

      courtneys notes on how to kill 3 birds with 1 stone..
      1.get rid of the bitch trista
      2.get rid of the child support payments
      3.cash in 25k for a house downpayment

      Delete
    29. PS-plan A-make it look like an accident
      plan B-make it look like a kidnapping and the abductor killed her

      Delete
    30. the space between10/11/12, 10:40 PM

      I have lots of thoughts, anon, that compete for attention. There are reasons that make certain thoughts believable, and then there are reasons that make it not believable. When Ayla first disappeared I thought Justin was responsible - via an accident - but I can't fathom the idea that anyone would cover that and risk their own futures and children, nor can I see him putting his gf and his sister through that. I also can't believe he could hide it from everyone, and put himself and everyone through what they've been going through. Furthermore, I can't see Phoebe not figuring it out and allowing it to continue. I have had other thoughts about Trista, the Reynolds, the Fortiers, Bob Vear, unknown friend or stranger, etc. I wonder who would have the most means, motive, and opportunity. I have stood against vilifying the DiPietros for months, because we truly do not KNOW what happened to Ayla. All that said, I do not believe that Courtney can be ruled out either. As for how she's doing now, I have no idea. As many, including Selena, have said - every stone should be turned.

      Delete
    31. plan C make it look like trista grabbed her and dumped her and her stuff in the river

      Delete
    32. Thanks for your input space. I have a hard time believing that Justin or Elisha would not know if Courtney did something to Ayla though and if so then why would they ever cover for her. I just don't believe they would. I keep going back to all three of them just would not be able to cover for the other for this long. I believe all of them cared for Ayla. But really realistically one of them must have. How could not one of them have stood up for her? I just don't believe that they all turned on Ayla. And if just one of them did something than in that house how could it have been hidden? So I don't believe any of them did anything. I believe it is as they say and they do not know what happened and someone took Ayla. I do believe they have their suspicions as to who.

      Delete
  2. who benefited from ayla being gone? 1. justin gets 25k and 2. courtney gets rid of the pest aka trista who was still seducing and banging her man.
    in order to get rid of trista, courtney would have to get rid of the reason she was in justins life, and that was ayla...or could be revenege for trista sleeping with her stud.

    just pondering the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. columbo has more thoughts10/10/12, 6:02 PM

      trista doesnt benefit because she loses half her income, child support foord stamps etc.

      Delete
    2. Pondering Also10/10/12, 7:04 PM

      Only no one gets 25k when a kidnapping is staged instead. So that was a bad plan. No body = no money. So who benefits from that?

      Delete
    3. justin benefits by stopping the CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS to trista...

      Delete
    4. You've watched way too many movies and/or cop shows. No one gets life insurance when a child is kidnapped. Courtney is a mom & she cares about Ayla. She's a woman with her head on straight.

      Delete
    5. Facts straight10/10/12, 7:43 PM

      Did you know that when your child is missing you still pay child support payments? True fact

      Delete
    6. but did Justin know that fact?I doubt he did,but I guess he found out when he inquired about stopping the payments, didn't he? nice try.

      Delete
    7. Facts straight10/10/12, 8:23 PM

      I doubt Justin was in any frame of mind to inquire about stopping child support payments. Nice try

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    9. There is nothing weird or suspect about asking the state if he should continue paying, ESPECIALLY given the fact that he was the only one who was caring for Ayla at the time. Like I said, too much TV-watching.

      Delete
    10. I agree with you Michelle. That would be the responsible thing to do. Just not sure he would have been in the frame of mind to think of it right away. I am sure he did eventually and must have called and asked what he was supposed to do. Why wouldn't he?

      Delete
    11. Yes it is suspect, because he was in ARREARS.Is he paying child support for his son and will Phoebe buy him a gift for Christmas this year?

      Delete
    12. @Anon

      Huh? First of all my understanding is that Justin was not in "ARREARS" the only payments he was behind on were the payments he did not make when he did not know Ayla was his. The state does not count that as him being behind on his payments they just put him on a payment plan to catch him up. Also noteworthy in the state of Maine if you are not paying your child support your drivers license will be taken away. Justin appeared to still be driving. And what does Phoebe buying him a Christmas present have to do with anything?

      Delete
    13. the question was is justin paying child support for his SON, and will Phoebe buy justins SON a Christmas gift?

      justin is in ARREARS if he is in catch up mode. if he owes the state money he has no business trying to stop paying.why

      Delete
    14. @Anonynous 3:34

      Who says that Justin has stopped paying his child support? Only you. You are completely missing the point of the above conversation. What Michelle was pointing out was that it would be perfectly normal for Justin to call the state and ask what he was supposed to do regarding his current payments for Ayla. That would not mean that he would stop paying his "catch up" payments and I highly doubt that if the state told him yes you need to keep paying current payments also that he would stop paying those. You are just making up scenarios in your own head. And as far as Justin having a son that Phoebe would buy a Christmas gift for idk I am sure if he has one she would do so. And if Justin has another child which is none of our business just like Trista being pregnant and having a miscarriage is none of our business I am sure he would take care of that child the same as Trista is taking care of her children. Oh wait he actually pays for his child and does not drink and do drugs while caring for her. So not quite the same way but you get what I mean.

      Delete
    15. Anonymous10/10/12 7:28 PM
      justin benefits by stopping the CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS to trista...

      Anonymous10/10/12 7:56 PM
      but did Justin know that fact?I doubt he did,but I guess he found out when he inquired about stopping the payments, didn't he? nice try.

      The first comment it would appear that SOMEONE is indeed implying Justin stops paying child support. The second comment sure sounds to me as though the anon is questioning Justin stopping his payments.

      I say you are the only there is an idiot trolling among us. I call noses.

      Delete
    16. Justin does in fact have a son with a girl from portland he used to work with,and yes it it ALL RELEVANT. did he take out life insurance on his other child, was he forced to make support payments or did he do so voluntarily. how long before or after ayla went missing did he know he was going to be tagged for MORE child support.

      child support for 2 kids. wow courtney must have been happy about that. kinda digs into the money he could spend on her and her kid and their future doesnt it.

      Delete
    17. I don't know if Justin has another child or not. Some anonymous person on a blog saying it is so does not confirm fact. However I highly doubt that it would effect Courtney's happiness to such an extreme that she would take such drastic measures that would then cause even more extreme stress for herself and Justin. Some how that makes no sense to me. And correct me if I'm wrong but they are not married right? Or even engaged? How does Justin's expenses effect Courtney? They do not even live together. Right?

      Delete
  3. If LE let Trista listen to the tapes could Justin have accused her of taking Ayla , and LE wanted to see her reaction. Or is it all a lie and LE never let her listen to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LE would NOT release the tapes even when they were requested by the freedom of information act.But, they release 2 of them to someone with a blog and a BIG MOUTH? why?


    I think the cops may think these 2 parents are in cahoots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mckee-why would ANYTHING GO MISSING WITH AYLA, if she was in fact kidnapped by a stranger. how would they have the time, and know what items were hers, is this a ooppsie here or what?you would think someone going into the house would be in a hurry to get out of there without anyone hearing or seeing them. how did they sneak in this tiny place with the creaky floorboards and all those people inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the space between10/10/12, 6:52 PM

      columbo - if we've learned anything from all the wandering tots in Waterville since Ayla went missing, it's that sometimes adults don't hear what's going on - one case in point: police return a toddler to his/her home and bang on the door, getting no answer they went in, the person there didn't hear anything until the police were standing in his bedroom talking to him.

      Delete
    2. phoebe would know which items to grab n which floorboards were squeeky.

      Delete
    3. Trista would know if floor boards were squeaky.

      Delete
    4. phoebe made sure she wasnt there that night too. first she was there, maybe this is true, then she wasnt, also true. so she was there then left? she said she was there until she found out the family was involved and did a 360 and said holy crap, I dont want to be implicated here with this mess? what gives with her creepy interview. I know police said not to discuss, but they also didnt tell her to outright lie and change her story back and forth. the details she gave about it being a normal night, she wasnt the last to bed etc, I mean WTF??? then she lawyers up like she might be arrested? why? LOOKS HINKY AS HELL.

      Delete
    5. I am sure trista took notes about where the floorboards creaked the one time she was there. she is such a genius I'll bet she stored it in her photographic memory.she must have balls of steel too, sneaking in the cottage with CARS IN THE DRIVEWAY.

      I wonder if connie has been poly'd or her house searched, more specifically her ATTIC....

      Delete
    6. Columbo

      Phoebe did not "lawyer up". Her lawyer is a lawyer that she has always had for her and her family. Many people have lawyers. I know I do.

      And what do you mean she made sure she was not there that night? Wasn't it a Friday night? I mean she is a grown woman with grown children. Maybe she has a life and is often not home on the weekends.

      And I only recall her saying once in the interview when asked about that evening that it was a regular night. She answered the questions asked as though she was there. But as I understand after the interview she clarified it with the interviewer and told them she was not there. The interviewer did clarify the story but not until after it had already run.

      Not seeing creepiness in the interview itself.

      Delete
    7. Right back at ya10/10/12, 8:13 PM

      @ Anon

      You sure are pushing this Connie thing. It is so interesting to me how when every story that is thought up dies down or just can not be made to work another is thought up. How many ways can this once normal family have gotten rid of the child they supposedly love. And yet the one idea of Trista taking her back is so ridiculous? The one idea that she herself admits she threatened to do? You know parents all over the United States do just that. Apparently they have "balls of steel". And more often than not it is the mothers. True statistic. I wonder if LE are watching Trista's family closely more specifically Trista. You do know they watched her closely early on. Trista had her "very own detective" who called her every day. I am sure that was just to be nice though.

      Delete
    8. I am sure they are watching both parents that is normal operandi. And what is wrong exploring all scenarios? did I hit a nerve? looks that way to me...hmmmmmm I just can't see how Trista snuck into that house with all those people inside, cars in the driveway, crap all over the place to trip on,door and floors creaking and the possibility ayla could make noise etc. Is she a loon, yes. does she flip flop her statements, yes. is she a bipolar drunk, yes. but I don't see her sneaking in when she saw the cars outside.POLICE FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF AN INTRUDER.NONE.

      that house is the size of a cottage, it's not trump mansion. now the tudela house, yeah I could maybe see someone could get in there without being seen it's big enough. Elisha and gabby both were there within a few feet of where Ayla *supposedly* slept that night.....


      Delete
    9. anon above me is psychotic

      Delete
    10. I don't know if the DiPietro home has creaky or squeaky floors & doors or not. However common sense suggest that if 3 adults and 2 toddlers live in a home with creaky & squeaky floors & doors, they would become use to the sound and consciously ignor it.
      Especially living with other adults, that probably have different routines at night.

      I have no problem believing that someone could come in at night without their knowledge.

      Delete
    11. If a door is unlocked, there would be no sign of intrusion. And yes...with 3 adults in a house, one who smokes outside, there would be nothing weird about hearing an adult walk across the floor & even open/shut the outside door.

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    13. didnt selena say they smoked in the basement? so no need to go utside in the cold. and I would think elisha would notice noise coming out of the room where ayla slept.

      I want to know what the stuff is the family is NOT being truthful about. why would they hold anything back?

      Delete
    14. the space between10/11/12, 11:21 AM

      anon - my assumption is they smoke away from the kids, with Ayden in the basement, that would mean they would have to go outside

      Delete
    15. Actually, I believe that Phoebe doesn't allow any smoking in the home.

      Delete
    16. did trista drink away from her kids. enough said. dont assume. i've seen people smoke and drink with a whole house full of kids.the fact is phoebe allowed everyone to smoke in the basement according to selena.

      on the other hand space--if they HAD to go outside for smoke breaks then that would make it harder for someone to sneak in wouldnt it? cars in the driveway, people in and out for smoke breaks, up and down the basement for potty breaks and snack runs. justin only saw courtney on weekends and I doubt they went to bed early, more like stayed up really late after the kids went to sleep.

      so we have
      gabby just happened to be fussy and slept with elisha THAT NIGHT
      ayla slept in phoebes room THAT NIGHT
      phoebe was out of the house THAT NIGHT
      the neighbor heard a loud noise THAT NIGHT

      coincidences are interesting arent they. so many of them.

      Delete
    17. michelle-her sister selena states she herself smoked in the basement.

      Delete
    18. the space between10/11/12, 11:58 AM

      as Looking pointed out earlier, Courtney would pack up her son to spend weekends in Waterville with Justin - If I were Phoebe I'd not only want to give the kids some privacy, I'd also not want to be in a houseful of people after I'd worked all week -

      anon - yes, Selena said she smoked in the basement - it was winter and there were no little ones down there at the time.

      Delete
    19. Phoebe may have allowed smoking in the basement at one time but now that there are children that is not the case.

      Ayla was not sleeping in Phoebe's room the night she went missing.

      The neighbor said they heard a loud noise "like" a car door slamming that night.

      Gabby often slept with her mommy if she was having a fussy night Elisha has said so she would not disturb Ayla.

      Delete
    20. Thank you, Facts. That's how I understood it. Selena is most likely talking about years ago. She hadn't seen Phoebe or her kids in several years, and reunited with them through this whole incident, so she isn't up to date on that.

      Delete
    21. I'm pretty sure I remember someone (it may have even been Phoebe) at TLLOM saying that smoking wasn't allowed in her home. Many non (especially former) smokers don't allow it. Smoking in the cellar of a home just ends up in the rest of the house.

      Delete
    22. michelle-SELENA SAYS OTHERWISE. I think she would know before you. stop making crap up already.

      Delete
    23. Selena may have smoked in the basement years ago. Now there are little children in the home. No smoking indoors allowed. Sorry Michelle is correct.

      Delete
    24. you mean no smoking while Phoebe is home....YUP

      Delete
  6. SO let's say pheebs was there for a bit fri night, she tells justin and courtney she will put ayla to bed in her room and elisha is in her own room with the door closed, but instead of putting her to bed she grabs her, and some of her comfort stuff and heads to her pal connie's house. when the heat is turned up, they dump aylas stuff in the river to get it out of connies house. but where is ayla now? in the attick in a secret room or out of state with one of connies relatives?

    is connie the person justin is trying t get immunity for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roger1 posted a case on u4a
    Roger 1 says:
    October 10, 2012 at 9:24 pm

    OT but important.
    The mother of missing 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley disposed of a large, heavy and foul smelling suitcase days before the Glendale child was reported missing, according to a witness statement released with other investigation files Tuesday.

    The Glendale Police Department released this week 1,400 pages from its investigation, which provided case details never before disclosed.

    • Glendale police: Relatives suspected Jhessye Shockley was abused
    graphic Timeline of events in the Jhessye Shockley case
    video Videos in Jhessye Shockley case

    Jhessye’s mother, Jerice Hunter, has been charged with the child’s murder. Hunter, who had served time in a California prison for abusing her older children, reported her daughter missing Oct. 11, 2011. The girl’s disappearance triggered a massive effort to locate the girl, but her body was never found.

    Among the details recently released, investigators say a woman said she gave Hunter a ride to a Tempe apartment complex about 7 to 15 days before Jhessye’s was reported missing. The witness told police Hunter disposed of the large suitcase, according to the report.

    “When Jerice got into the car with the witness she apologized for the smell of the suitcase,” the report said. “After they arrived at an apartment complex in the city of Tempe, Jerice Hunter took the large suitcase from the trunk of the vehicle and placed it into a dumpster.”

    Cadaver dogs indicated there was a scent of blood in the Gold color 4-door Chevrolet Lumina.

    Documents released by police also show investigators looked for evidence of blood and other bodily fluids in the apartment where the girl lived and found traces of spatter on walls and hand prints, but police would neither confirm or deny that the substance that left those patterns was indeed blood.

    Interviews with family members and friends show many were concerned for Jhessye’s well being in the time leading up to her disappearance.

    Investigators spoke to Hunter’s cousins Tycora Cole, Mahogany Hightower and Victor Rice in the days after Jhessye was reported missing.

    Cole and Rice broke down into tears during their interviews as they described one of the last times they saw their “princess” at a barbecue in April 2011, the report says.

    Cole and Rice noticed that Jhessye had a burn mark, which Cole said looked like it may have come from an iron or a stove, and some of her teeth appeared to be knocked out. Cole told investigators the normally direct Jhessye became uncomfortable and hesitant when asked what happened to her teeth, according to the report.

    Hunter’s cousin Lisa Vance said the woman was taking pills and “would sleep all day and ramble all night long” when she came to live with her after serving her prison sentence.

    Vance also reported that one of the children told her about instances of abuse in the home once Jhessye returned to her mother’s care.

    The child told her “that she knows for a fact that Jerice hadn’t been treating Jhessye right,” the report says. The child told the woman that Jhessye “had bruises all over” and that Hunter made Jhessye stay in a room for four weeks and only allowed her to come out if she needed to use the bathroom. The child also said Hunter fed Jhessye different food from the rest of other children, according to the police report.

    Police learned from the grandmother of a 9-year-old girl who played at the Hunter residence that when she visited Hunter’s house before Jhessye’s disappearance, she came across the tot lying in a closet.
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  8. the space between10/10/12, 11:09 PM

    OT Jessica Ridgeway
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/cops-clear-parents-in-jessica-ridgeway-case-we-think-that-she-was-abducted/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone thought they saw her in a car with CO plates in Dexter, Maine, but this morning they're reporting that they found a body near where she was last seen :(

      Further reports said that the sighting reported in Maine was of 2 adults & 2 kids. The 2 adults went in the store & left the 2 kids in the car, which I doubt would happen if they had a kidnapped child with them & are trying ti get to Canada.

      Delete
    2. I dont think this poor jessica lived past 24 hrs after she vanished. pedo snatched her up.

      Delete
  9. I would like to add that I don't believe Phoebe ever had a gun...it was a detail that Jeff and Trista made up IMO. That is why I suspect Jeff wasn't happy with me...

    By mentioning the gun via Chelsea Hoffman, Trista could essentially be saying "I would never sneak into that house to grab Ayla. Phoebe totes a firearm!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the space between10/11/12, 10:39 AM

      People with bi-polar disorder and drinking problems, in my experience, don't have the strongest grip on reality - they tend to be more imaginative than truthful, and I'm not sure if they always know the difference.

      Delete
    2. they tend to over react to everything and blow things out of proportion and lie lie lie.they are also emotionally abusive. what kind of nutty things did trista do or say to her kids when she was manic and sauced up?
      did trista suffer from post partum psychosis, which is common for bipolar women?

      Delete
  10. Looking At The Facts10/11/12, 11:01 AM

    Mckeekitty

    This is one thing Jeff wrote that has always bothered me also. I have no idea what he meant by it and wondered if anyone else had any thoughts. This is the last line on Jeff's post called I'm Angry From June 1, 2012

    "When I look into Ayla’s eyes, I cannot help but wonder what she was thinking and feeling at the hands of providence and I only have one answer for Ayla.. Where is mommie?.. and that makes me very angry…"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anon...good recap.

    OT: Hey...the body found may not be Jessica's. Never good when a child's body is found, but it is coming over the news now that the search for Jessica continues.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the space between10/11/12, 11:27 AM

    the car seen in Maine was found in a parking lot in NH

    http://www.wmtw.com/news/maine/Portsmouth-police-investigate-vehicle-possibly-linked-to-missing-girl/-/8792012/16946326/-/1wamis/-/index.html?absolute=true

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is giving me some hope. It may not have even been a child's body.

    WESTMINSTER, Colo. (AP) — The multi-agency search for a 10-year-old Colorado girl continued in Denver’s suburbs Thursday, nearly a week after she disappeared on what should have been a short walk to school.

    At a brief news conference, Westminster police refused to suggest any connection between a body discovered late Wednesday in a grassy park seven miles from where Jessica Ridgeway disappeared Oct. 5 — or even to say whether it was the body of a child.

    The search for Jessica continues, spokesman Trevor Materasso said.

    He also said authorities were processing evidence from the park and that no additional information was available. He left without answering questions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHY DID COURTNEY THE UPSTANDING MOTHER REFUSE TO TAKE A POLY ???---Courtney
    allegedly refused to take it because she has her concerns and reason for not doing so
    this statement is only attributable to Heidi T.

    1.she would flunk it because she needed to lie for others
    2.she didnt want to out her drug dealer sister
    3. she would flunk it because she didnt want to OUT HERSELF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Carol Gilbert...so take it for what it is worth. I'll try to find something more "substantial" (if in fact, it exists).

      "McCausland said all three adults took lie detector tests and they know the results. The three he referred to are the baby's father Justin DiPietro, girlfriend Courtney Roberts, and sister Elisha DiPietro."

      Delete
    2. so why would heidi say something different then? they all know how they did? justin 'smoked' his, and elisha said she did 'fine'none said they passed. no comment from courtney, I guess if she took one she aced it, right? now why would justin not say he passed? and just why would he flunk a poly in regards to his daughter, not to mention he dragged his feet to take one.poly experts who heard his 'smoked' comment said he FAILED BADLY. what about phoebe? did she take one? how about connie and lance?

      Delete
    3. McCausland confirmed that the people in the house on the night Ayla was last seen took lie-detector tests, "and they know the results."

      Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/Hope-Fades-For-Missing-Maine-Toddler/-/9849586/11256878/-/n8alvr/-/index.html#ixzz2913Gl7rn

      Delete
    4. Maybe at the time Courtney had not taken a Poly yet. Just a thought.

      Delete
    5. Did Trista & Becca ever go back and do a redo on their Poly's? Or is their "problem" still in place? Did Jeff, Ron, Frankie, Whitney and Jessica take a Poly? It is voluntary after all. Did any of them volunteer to do so?

      Delete
    6. I believe Trista and Becca's respective "problems" are still in place.

      According to Trista, an incomplete poly is the same as passing. And Becca simply said she had nothing to do with Ayla's disappearance so there really was no need to test her.

      Sounds kosher to me.


      Delete
    7. Anonymous10/11/12 1:36 PM
      "Did Trista & Becca ever go back and do a redo on their Poly's? Or is their "problem" still in place? Did Jeff, Ron, Frankie, Whitney and Jessica take a Poly? It is voluntary after all. Did any of them volunteer to do so?"

      Nothing has ever been said about Trista and/or Becca re-taking their poly's, in the news or on U4A. It was reported on U4A that Ronnie took one and passed but no affirmation of that by MSP. As for Jeff, Ron, Frankie, Whitney and Jessica - ??? Nothing has ever been said that I could find that they have taken one or offered/been requested to take one.

      Delete
    8. Dee...I read an article a few months back re: the lie detector process. It was interesting because I learned that it is okay to take anti-anxiety medication prior to testing. Many people suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, and the testing has to be stressful. I know I would be sweating bullets being strapped and wired even if innocent.

      The testing is so sensitive that you can be pretty sedated and deception can still be detected. You just have to be as sedated for the pre-testing as well to establish a base-line.

      I think Trista and Becca could have been tested. JMO. It might have been tricky for Trista if in fact she was in early sobriety and her nervous system was still out of whack. Anti-anxiety meds can be addictive and probably a no-no for Trista. I'm just speculating on that.

      Delete
    9. wasnt there a rumour she was in fact prego with the new boyfriends kid the one at the bike run, but had a miscarriage. if this is true, id like to punch her in the head. who the fuck has all these kids with no way to feed them. she needs to be on mandatory depo shots.

      Delete
    10. Yes...but I'm going to shelf it as a "rumor."

      I do agree that Trista and contraception should have a date and get to know each other better. I share your strong views on the matter, but this isn't the forum for the discussion.

      Not sure punching Trista in the head is the right approach to what you and I see as a serious problem.

      OT: Why the fuck are you all over Michelle? And if you are going to respond with words that further humiliate and degrade, just ignore my question.

      Delete
    11. there are several anons here, wasnt me.

      Delete
    12. @Dee
      I understand that nothing has been said that we know of about Trista or Becca retaking their poly's but with all the questions about who has taken them I was curious. As the polygraphs in this case or in any case for that matter are voluntary but especially when no one has been named as a suspect. So that means the people who have taken them did so because they volunteered to. The ones who did not or did not go back and "retake them" did not want to. That is just interesting to me.

      Delete
    13. Kitty, only one other person has been like this toward me, and that's Grace. With the mention of 3 being the liar's number, it all started to make sense that it just might be her. Apparently the genius didn't realize I was posting a heart. It could also be the UK poser that I called out as a fake when s/he spelled something the American way as opposed to the English way. Howeverrrr, either way, or even if it's neither, I couldn't care less ;)

      Delete
    14. Interesting...I started to post this to you:

      Michelle...just a troll. Don't bother to engage. He'll squirt his sticky, funky "manhood" all over his keyboard if you feed him.
      _______________________

      I'm not familiar enough with Grace to know her trolling history. As a foster mother and child advocate, I doubt she would take such sensational delight in the gruesome find of a possible Jessica.

      I don't think it is UK either. I've seen her posts at U4A, and they are tame and IMO, sincere.

      I think it is just a sexually frustrated troll that didn't understand your <3 symbol as a broken heart. Or a dig that you have three children.

      But I do believe Anonymous and Mrs. Gump are one in the same.

      Delete
    15. Thanks for the insight. I don't know UK at all. Grace has come right out & called me stupid many times, so I think it's her. And of course it totally hurt my delicate fee-fees. XD

      Delete
    16. Oh well. If it is Grace, she wasn't very sincere about her "very public apology" post over on her own blog.

      Not even worth venturing a guess who the troll is, IMO.

      OT: Even with the discovery of human remains, I'm glad Colorado authorities are still searching for Jessica. It doesn't look good, but I'm glad they haven't thrown in the towel. I'm bracing for bad news at tomorrow's scheduled press conference, but at least they haven't given up all hope.

      Delete
    17. I am not posting or commenting anywhere except on my own blog. Michelle, I publicly apologize to you for my statements and actions against you. Please leave me out of this and any future conversations.

      Delete
    18. Grace does not take in foster children. I'm sorry that you believed that lie of hers. She abused her own children to the point where they hate her.

      Delete
    19. And I look just like the picture Tori posted of me too.

      Delete
    20. the space between10/11/12, 6:59 PM

      Good to see you Grace, hope you are doing well.

      Delete
    21. My sincerest apologies for assuming it was you. Carry on.

      Delete
    22. No problem Michelle, I don't blame you one bit. Good to see you all are still asking the hard questions. Keep the faith. We may have lost Jessica but there is still hope for Ayla. No news is always good news, IMO.

      Delete
    23. there are a lot of people here who are full of shit and act like they have the inside track. i can see a few numbnuts are here from u4a. some are dowmright snotty and others are turning into annoying ATTENTION WHORES. we might have to take a second look at why some people got booted off the island.

      Delete
    24. Honestly....trolls stink....oaklandrez

      Delete
    25. "there are a lot of people here who are full of shit and act like they have the inside track. i can see a few numbnuts are here from u4a. some are dowmright snotty and others are turning into annoying ATTENTION WHORES."

      I'm trying to figure out if I'm a numbnuts or downright snotty. I know who you're not so politely referring to as the attention whore so I won't steal McKee's thunder there. I'll let her be the whore. (lol - sorry McKee, I couldn't resist) I'll take downright snotty - I do have a cold. Who's got the numb nuts I wonder?

      "we might have to take a second look at why some people got booted off the island." BTW anon, in case you haven't noticed, this isn't a competition.

      Delete
    26. No problem, Dee! I'll claim the "attention whore" title and don my queen-bee tiara. I prefer it to the assertions that I'm a "disgrace to Ayla" and look "pretty in pink slime" as stated on another blog.

      Hell, I'll even assume the "numbnut", and "snotty" titles. It really doesn't bother me considering the source is from a cyber-stalking troll.

      Some people should not have access to a keyboard. Pedophiles, identity thieves, cyber-bullies, and trolls that spew venom are just a few that come to mind.

      Delete
    27. my nuts are pretty numb today

      Delete
    28. Hey, mckeekitty, you're really raking in the titles and tiaras! Way to go girl. I haven't posted the last few days, but I'm sure if the troll read my previous posts I'd be in the competition too. Could I have the "numbnut" title? Puhleease, I want a tiara too!

      :)

      signed:getrealpeople

      Delete
  15. There has to be some decomp and animal interference. the body could be dismembered or burned as well so they have to wait for the coroner to identify it.it doesnt sound hopeful for this girl or her family.

    the police refuse to say, where is the hope?

    she's missing, they find a body not far from where her her backpack was dumped. sounds bad to me.


    Searchers found the body yesterday near an abandoned mine. But police are not linking the crime scene to the Ridgeway case YET.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's her mckee. someone took her , dumped her backpack out the car window and then killed her and dumped her.PARENTS ARE IN A CUSTODY DISPUTE.

    Colorado Body Likely That of Missing Girl Jessica Ridgeway, Sources Say

    The body was found about seven miles from Jessica's home and where her backpack showed up Sunday.

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-body-missing-girl-jessica-ridgeway-sources/story?id=17449354#.UHcANG9LWAg

    Police have found an unidentified body in an Arvada, Colo., park, a few miles from where 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway went missing last week.

    Police haven't officially tied the crime scene at the Pattridge Park open space in Arvada to the missing girl. But investigators have reasons to believe it is the body of the girl who vanished Friday on her walk to school, stressing that a positive identification will take time, according to three sources.

    "The Arvada Police Department and Westminster Police Department are working jointly with additional resources to process that crime scene," Westminster, Colo., police investigator Trevor Materasso told reporters Wednesday night. "At this time, we're unable to make any connection to the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway. That crime scene will exist through the evening and into tomorrow morning."

    Police worked overnight under the floodlights of a fire truck as the body was carried out after dark on a stretcher. The body was found about seven miles from Jessica's home and where her backpack showed up Sunday.

    Materasso took no questions from reporters, but Westminster Police will hold another news conference today at 6:30 a.m. local time.



    Amber Alert Issued for Colorado Girl, 10 Watch Video
    Police were alerted to the body hours after they said that Jessica's parents were not suspects in her disappearance, which they referred to as a likely abduction. Police say they still don't have any suspects.

    "At this point in the investigation, after thoroughly looking at the parents, we're confident that they're not involved in the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway," Materasso said earlier Wednesday. "The focus shifts to an unknown suspect, as we think that she was abducted."

    Surrounded by 10 family members, including Jessica's father, Jeremiah Bryant, Jessica's mom, Sarah Ridgeway, said early Wednesday, "I know I didn't do anything. Everybody that's here knows I didn't do anything. Nobody in this room did anything to harm her or a tiny hair on her little head."

    Jeremiah Bryant lives out of state and is in a custody battle with Sarah Ridgeway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michelle @ 11:32
    You always throw shit out there & you have no idea what the hell your talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the mother is the big one in the black pants, not looking too sad in front of the kid with the black eye.she was smiling wtf.

    http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, it would be one hell of a coincidence to discover an unrelated body in the vicinity of Jessica's disappearance. But not impossible. A body of a suicide victim was discovered during the search for Ayla.

    My fear is that the body found had to be in pretty bad shape if it could not be quickly identified as Jessica. Not sure why LE won't even confirm that it was a child.

    I'm encouraged that the search continues. But realistically I'm expecting a bad outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking At The Facts10/11/12, 2:42 PM

    http://www.facebook.com/MissingJessicaRidgeway

    From the press release they stated they will hold a press release again tomorrow. Said the body found was not completely in tack so it's going to take some time to figure out who exactly it is. We will have official news as reported from Westminster PD posted when it's available.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the space between10/11/12, 2:43 PM

    I watched the Ridgeway family video, I don't believe any of them had anything to do with Jessica's disappearance.

    @mckee - re: coincidences - I find it bizarre that vehicle in question in Maine was found abandoned behind a WalMart in NH. If it were my vehicle and I heard the police were looking for it in relation to a case, I would drive it to a police station or call the police myself, not ditch the vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is exactly what I just said to someone, Space. If I had a car matching the description reported, I'd head straight to the police station to clear my name. Abandoning it in NH behind Wal-Mart shows guilt...and gives me hope she's still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Space, that was my first thought (go see the police and clear the issue up). But then I remembered that when I am travelling or even just up at my camp for the weekend, I tend to tune out from media and news. It's possible the driver of the car has no idea they were being connected to the case and police were looking for them. Of course, that doesn't answer the question of why was it found BEHIND a WalMart with nobody in it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. :(
    http://www.wmtw.com/news/maine/Vehicle-found-in-N-H-not-connected-with-missing-girl-investigation/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, Scout. This woman may not have known about the Ridgeway case.

    Makes me kind of feel bad for all the people in NE with CO plates. They might be here just to do some leaf-peeking and now have to answer all sorts of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  26. the space between10/11/12, 3:35 PM

    Michelle - I got "page not found" on that link

    like you, I was hopeful it was related

    ReplyDelete
  27. Michelle, the liars # is always 3, just thought I would let you know.
    Kitty, there isn't a lie detector machine made that could handle you & your lies, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are becoming quite annoying to the rest of us around here.....didn't your mother ever tell you, if you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all!!!! Go play at U4A

      Delete
    2. anon 4:08....doesn't play well with others, I think they should pack up their toys and go play elsewhere...oaklandrez

      Delete
    3. Hey, Oakland! Good to see you here!

      Yeah...we've got a troll on our hands that skips his meds. Thinks he doesn't need them, and we all suffer for it.

      Delete
    4. Oh! I had to go WAY BACK to my 5 year old self to know what I'm supposed to say in response. And that is: I know you are, but what am I?!

      There...that should help you relate a bit better. You're welcome.

      Delete
    5. Growing up is so tedious.. I got news for yall, Grace is not the only fruit loop floating in the box of cheerios that is baby Aylas case. For some reason the confusion that surrounds this case attracts all sorts of unsavory types. Druggies, scam artists, attention deprived old men, and old biddy attention whores galore.
      People come in all shades.
      Neither blog is full of all good or all bad people. Everyday I read here I'm grateful for people like S. Getreal, Michelle, Dee, Space, Kitty, Scout and facts, just to name a few. Not everyone is in complete agreement with their theories but they respect each other. Out of all the blogs this is the only one that I feel comfortable sharing my thoughts on without fear of being ridiculed and censored.

      Delete
    6. I totally agree!!!! Oaklandrez

      Delete
    7. Thanks for that, weirdsh*t. I appreciate all of the people who can discuss this reasonably, even when they blatantly disagree. So many of us are passionate about it. It's great when we don't put aside the respect for others in the midst of the strong feelings. Hopefully more will catch on to that concept.

      Delete
    8. more questions10/12/12, 8:58 AM

      @WeirdSh*t-great post!

      Delete
    9. @WierdSh't - Thank you.

      Delete
    10. the space between10/12/12, 11:37 AM

      WS - thank you - people post because they are passionate about Ayla and this case, it can be done civilly... and I agree about only posting here.

      Delete
    11. @ Weirdsh*t,
      Thanks, and I agree.
      This is also my blog of choice, for many reasons. The regulars are respectful of others and their opinions. I've recieved a lot of food for thought here, from Obscure's post, as well as from the thoughts and opinions of our commenters.
      I like reading comments from Selena and others who know the DiPietro family, as they provide valuable insight, IMO.
      I like that the focas is on an alive Ayla,..as I believe she is.

      Delete
    12. Thank you WeirdSh*t :)

      This is also the only place "that I feel comfortable sharing my thoughts on without fear of being ridiculed and censored".

      signed:getrealpeople

      Delete
  28. they have to put that body back together they found. how ghastly.I think it's the little girl, or what is left of her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry... it says the vehicle isn't related. I think the body found is her :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am reading around the web the hands and head may be gone. so DNA will have to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mckee says "Makes me kind of feel bad for all the people in NE with CO plates. They might be here just to do some leaf-peeking and now have to answer all sorts of questions."
    *****************
    Would you mind, in the face of trying to find a missing child, be pulled over and questioned ? Would not bother me in the least. I'd rather see people get stopped and questioned and maybe find the child.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Right oneannon. people from CO wouldnt go to lame maine for the leaves, they have their own in brilliant color all over the rocky mountains! and if my child was missing I would hope they would pull everyone over, and if I got pullled over I would be grateful to help find a child.people would understand.

    ReplyDelete
  33. TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP WATCHING TV OVER AND OVER IS SNOTTY BS AND NOT RESPECTFUL. SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE MICHELLE AND MAYBE YOU WOULDN'T GET IT THROWN BACK IN YOUR FACE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry, I believe you missed the point Michelle was making!

      signed:getrealpeople

      Delete
  34. oneanon and anontoo...you are both correct. Point taken.

    No...I would not mind being pulled over and questioned regarding ANY missing person case. I was just curious how much this sighting was based on the CO plates rather than a child fitting Jessica's description as initially reported. There was no mention of a child when the car was found in NH.

    But that isn't the point and I'm sorry for my leaf-peeping comment. No one can say for sure that the vehicle's owner didn't have Jessica in the car when spotted in Maine.

    Thank you both for politely correcting me and my flip comment.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I believe what is left of Jessica is now at the medical examiners office awaiting ID.I am glad however,that people were vigilant and had their eyes and ears open and called police.Why couldn't anyone have done that for Ayla?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Michelle when you get off your high horse, may I borrow it? I've always wondered what the view that the posters from U4A get to see, looks like. Tia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you don't mind if I butt in, Weird. I was on that high horse and would like to share my perspective of the view.

      Not pretty. Dark clouds, lynch-mob mentality, and a dead-end street leading only to Justin. Very little discussion of scenarios that don't implicate the DiPietros. Very little tolerence of theories that don't have Ayla's blood on the hands of the DiPietros.

      That said, I do like what I see happening over there as of late. Not in regards to the prejudice that continues to run rampant against Justin and his family...I'm referring to the campaign to keep Ayla (and perhaps other missing individuals) in mind during the upcoming hunting season. Can't find fault with that. Strikes me as pro-active, and sincere. And I've seen some really intense efforts from the U4A camp to actully walk-the-walk on this matter.

      As Dee mentioned, and KJ has alluded to many times...this isn't a competition. I don't care for U4A, but deep down I think BOTH blogs simply want Ayla found and justice served.

      Delete
    2. Fan of Truth and Common Sense10/12/12, 6:50 PM

      Weird Sh*t, thanks for making me laugh. :-) I totally agree with your earlier post, as well.

      Delete
    3. @mckeekitty 4:33pm

      I do agree they are making quite the effort to keep Ayla in mind during the upcoming hunting season, and I'm sure it's sincere. The problem I have is that they are only focused on finding a deceased Ayla.

      In this effort, they have brought up the issue of areas not having "Missing Ayla" posters (or they've been taken down) and, they have ridiculed TLLOM for putting up billboards in different parts of the country. Why do they take issue with people looking for a "live" Ayla? I believe they have said (in the past) they haven't seen posters for Ayla in certain areas around Waterville. Why no effort then? Why can't they be focused on both sides?

      They have changed a slight bit. You now see the occasional, "we don't know if that is true", or "I know Ayla is dead, but I'll hold out for the 1% chance she may be alive".

      So I guess I wonder why they haven't put out the same effort for looking for a "live" Ayla.

      I don't mean to be rude, but what is more important to them: Ayla being found, or Justin being found guilty of murdering Ayla?

      signed:getrealpeople


      Delete
    4. getreal...IMO, an effort to find Ayla is a good thing. U4A has taken the initiative to alert hunters to be on the alert of missing people...big or small, while in the woods.

      A hunter found the found the remains of Molly Bish here in Western, MA some years ago.

      I try to pick my battles carefully, getreal. What is wrong with alerting hunters to have a keen eye out for human remains or possible evidence? I realize that this U4A effort is focused on a deceased Ayla, but I see value in alerting hunters to be diligent in general.

      Delete
    5. lol weirdsh*t. It turned out it was just a hellish merry-go-round that made me nauseous, but, if you wanna give it a try, go for it ;)

      Delete
    6. Looking At The Facts10/13/12, 8:38 AM

      getrealpeople

      You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm probably going to piss a few people off but hey it wouldn't be a day if I didn't right. I'm borrowing the High Horse right now. I have no problem with anyone spreading awareness, it is something I have been pushing for since day one. I say if U4A wants to target hunters go for it. Who knows Maine has a ton of hunting cabins that have not been used since the last hunting season. Maybe Ayla is being held in one of those. Anywhere her face an be sen is a wonderful thing. Here is my issue and I will try to be brief.

      For the last 10 month TLLOM has been hanging flyers all over the US and Canada, Many billboards have been put up sometimes just for a day or two but up just the same. The advertising people we spoke with would put Ayla's picture up on billboards when they had a day or a week without a paid ad. Most were digital billboards so they can be put up and taken down with a few clicks of a key board. We have printed thousands of flyers and spent our own money to print and mail them to every bus station we could find in the US. We spent countless hours trying to find any place that would allow us to send them flyers for them to hang. TLLOM had put on the cause page anyone willing to hang flyers in their area we would gladly print them out or them and mail them to them. Where was U4A then. I'll tell you where they were. They were sitting behind their keyboards mocking the efforts. They would copy segments of conversations from a group we had(never the full conversation to see the meaning of those comments) and mock them. They mocked any effort we made trying to turn it into something it wasn't. We have been accused of horrible things by them. They were wrong but it didn't matter because they were all so sure if it was written and put on a blog it must be the truth. So yes there awareness effort now I say go for it anything to get Ayla's face out there but think if they had put that effort in many months ago we may not be blogging Where is Ayla? because maybe by now someone may have spotted her and she may be home.

      Getting off the high horse now and passing it to whoever wants it next.

      Delete
    7. Looking At The Facts10/13/12, 8:42 AM

      *Anywhere her face can be seen is a wonderful thing.

      Delete
    8. Looking At The Facts10/13/12, 8:47 AM

      And after rereading my post I am claiming the typo tiara I really do now the difference between there, their, and they're It was just early and I have not consumed enough coffee

      Delete
    9. Looking...I can understand your bitterness.

      I stayed away from the billboard fray. I see nothing wrong with billboards and nothing wrong with giving hunters a heads-up. No person or blog should be mocked or ridiculed for their efforts in finding Ayla...alive or deceased. Not to sound cliche, but two wrongs don't make a right.

      OT: a clarification. The hunter did not stumble upon Molly Bish's remains. The hunter found a woman's bathing suit in the woods, and didn't pay it any mind. A few weeks later, the hunter caught wind of the missing Molly and alerted the authorities of the bathing suit. A massive foot search in the vicinity of the bathing suit recovered Molly's bones.

      Personally, I don't think Ayla is in the woods. But someone else might be, just waiting to be found.


      Delete
    10. Looking At The Facts10/13/12, 10:04 AM

      I also wanted to add that even though I think Ayla is very much alive and I believe this had something to do with a custody dispute, it is possible Ayla is no longer with us and that does not mean Justin or Elisha or Courtney had anything to do with it. I think we have all learned this week with the Jessica case that a child can be grabbed and killed and neither parent had a thing to do with it. It is possible someone walked into the house grabbed Ayla for their own sick purpose. I do not wear candy coated glasses and know this is one very terrifying world out there.

      Delete
    11. I agree, Looking. With everything you said.

      I have to trust that the MSP had their reasons to hold such a sad and hopeless press conference. McCausland's words cast a terrible pall over an entire community...I don't believe he took snuffing out that flicker of hope lightly or without just cause.

      Regarding Jessica Ridgeway...police were relatively quick to rule out Jessica's estranged parents as suspects, and it looks like Colorado has a real sicko on their hands. Why won't MSP offically rule out a single character in Ayla's case?

      Delete
    12. Thank you for your comments "Looking At The Facts". You state good points and I, for one, totally agree with what you have said.

      signed:getrealpeople

      Delete
    13. 'McCausland's words cast a terrible pall over an entire community...I don't believe he took snuffing out that flicker of hope lightly or without just cause. "

      I don't agree that he did that without just cause. I believe MSP has no leads to go on. The longer this goes on, the more people want answers. MSP is avoiding these questions with statements like, "all of the evidence has not been processed yet". How many times has he said that? Other cases that have been solved occurred after Ayla disappeared. Evidence in these cases has been processed by forensic personnel. Shouldn't any evidence from a missing child take precedence over these cases, especially when Ayla may be alive, and time is of the essence? Would they really admit they have no clue?

      McCausland never gives any direct answer, just "we think", or "we believe", never anything concrete. I believe they have been focused on Justin from the beginning, when they should have been focused on all scenarios. With a case involving a child (actually any case), you can't have a one track mind! I have to wonder if they are using previous "missing child" cases to decide how they precede. That, in my opinion is wrong. No two cases are alike.

      signed:getrealpeople

      Delete
    14. My issue with McCausland's statements is that he presented weak reasons for declaring Ayla likely deceased. Nothing specific. No mention of blood volume. No mention of items found at the Kennebec or sluiceway. Just a flip "culmination of everything."

      Honestly, getreal, I think MSP's statement could have been more convincing if McCausland simply stated "the evidence recovered leads us to believe Ayla is gone." But to bring up the man hours and passage of time as contributing factors just sounded weak and hollow to my ears. And I agree that peppering the statement with "we think" and "we believe" futher erodes the strength of the announcement.

      I'm sure many folks removed "Missing Ayla" posters based upon McCausland's statement. Unless they have the evidence to conclude 110% that she truly is gone, there may have been a great miscarriage of justice for Ayla.

      "I believe they have been focused on Justin from the beginning, when they should have been focused on all scenarios."

      On this I have one question: when did LE learn about the custody battle between Justin and Trista? Shouldn't this have been one of the FIRST issues to explore? I don't know...perhaps they did. But Jessica Ridgeway's father, who lived out of state, was immediately investigated and officially cleared in very short order.

      Delete
    15. "I believe MSP has no leads to go on. The longer this goes on, the more people want answers."
      __________________________________________

      How I wish I could believe that. My fear is that the longer this goes on, the sooner Ayla will fade from memory and outrage. She barely got a paragraph from the media at the nine-month mark.

      I wish there was a way to put a match under the collective asses of LE. I would have more respect for MSP if they simply said "we have no leads to go on" rather than to prematurely announce Ayla deceased. Was the statement a cover to protect the WPD for mishandling the case during those first crucial days? I just don't know.

      Delete
    16. McKee, LE is going to keep many things to themselves, sounds reasonable to me in order for them to be doing their job responsibly and in a fashion that will hopefully insure justice is served.

      Delete
    17. McKee says ~~ "Personally, I don't think Ayla is in the woods. But someone else might be, just waiting to be found." **********************

      Why don't you think so and where do you think she most likely is ?

      Delete
    18. There are many more eyes out there (hunters) right now so a push to get posters up where there have been none previously is a good thing.
      With TLLOM closed up tight there were many who wanted to help but could not join in on that effort.
      If Ayla is still not home in 12 months I hope there is another push by someone or a group to come up with yet another idea to spread a fresh coat of awareness and that efforts from everyone no matter if they post or not continue untill Ayla is brought home.

      Delete
  37. OT: D'Andre Lane (Detroit) has been found guilty of : Felony Murder & First Degree Child Abuse. His daughter, Bianca Jones, age 2 is still missing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. OT - For those that follow other cases, there was a guilty verdict in the D'Andre Lane trial. Kudo's to Prosecutors for having the guts to bring this to trial without her body being found. http://www.freep.com/article/20121012/NEWS01/121012043/D-Andre-Lane-Bianca-Jones-verdict?odyssey=nav%7Chead

    ReplyDelete
  39. the space between10/12/12, 6:19 PM

    so very sad

    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/12/14396130-body-found-in-colorado-is-that-of-missing-girl-jessica-ridgeway-authorities-confirm?lite

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fan of Truth and Common Sense10/12/12, 6:53 PM

    :-( Very, very sad, and scary. My heart breaks for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  41. the space between10/12/12, 7:54 PM

    Fan - my heart breaks for them also, I watched the uncut version of their interview yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fan of Truth and Common Sense10/12/12, 8:04 PM

    I just learned that her mom works for the Parent Company of a company where I used to work, and where many of my friends still work. They were all hoping against all hope that it wouldn't turn out this way obviously. I don't know if I can bring myself to watch the interview. So sad. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  43. the space between10/12/12, 8:56 PM

    Fan - it was hard to watch not knowing for sure, I don't know if I could watch it now. Although, it is good to know that the family is close and supportive. Obviously, we all have compassion for missing children and their families. Still, it's hard to be brought in on a more personal level... I can't imagine how hard it is for them. Many times during the week for the past 10 months my husband will say, "you're thinking about Ayla." I believe it's a blank, far off expression, staring at nothing. What can we do? I read about missing children's cases since Ayla. It's so incredibly sad and horrifying. I don't know how human beings can do some of the things I've read about. For weeks I had nightmares about Adam Mayes. I'm not a religious person, but a spiritual one - believing that nothing is separate from God - but I have a hard time with things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fan of Truth and Common Sense10/12/12, 9:24 PM

    We share a similar outlook Space. When things like this happen I just want to hold my son close and never let go of him. The practical, rational, side of me says that's not possible or healthy, but like you said, I don't know how human beings can do the things they do sometimes, and it makes me very "mama cub"ish. It's very disturbing, and haunting, really. I think that's a great deal of the reason that Ayla is never far from my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  45. the space between10/12/12, 10:08 PM

    The age when they come to having time alone is hard - having to trust them to their own devices and the unknown. My boys are grown up and now I have granddaughters. I have not read any studies, but it seems overwhelmingly that girls are more likely to be harmed. I worry about them. My oldest granddaughter (age 3) went to her first circus with her mom. I casually said to the mom "don't let go of her hand." She said, "I know, I'm a good mom." I said "I know, I'm a little sensitive, I've been reading about Ayla and other missing children - and I remember when I was younger not worrying about someone kidnapping my kids." There seems to be a fine line between being protective and being overprotective. I read a quote once, "I gave you life so that you could live it." It has helped me when it was time to let the kids go out on their own. It also angers me when a child has been harmed. How DARE anyone do such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  46. well said get real. i totally agree with you. blinders from the beginning. justin being the culprit. would phoebe take Ayla, and not tell Justin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. but I believe he knows now.as does Lance. selena is out of the loop, too much of a loose cannon.

      Delete
  47. Calm Before the Storm10/13/12, 5:25 PM

    For those that think no public utterances mean police have nothing they can talk about, check out cases where investigative files have been released like Jhessye Shockley. In that case, murder charges were filed before anyone knew why police were focusing on Butterfield landfill but now, with the release of documents, we know they knew for a very long time that's where Jhessye's body went and we know why. With MSP searching the river over and over in nearly the same place, it's a good bet they pretty much know Ayla's body is there. JMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It suprises me to see people who pretend they are intelligent,say oh the police have no clue when it's been apparent from the get-go police are being very tight lipped. How can someone say they determined she was dead with no evidence. They didnt release the evidence they HAVE, but you can bet they had enough to stop the public from searching for a live Ayla or they wouldn't have stated she most likely wont be found alive. Read between their actions, ie-the dives over and over in icy waters, the draining of the river etc. Actions of the police speak far LOUDER than words they do or do not say.

      Delete