While police investigating Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds' disappearance have declined to say publicly whether items found in the Kennebec River are case-related, the maternal family said Friday they believe the first set of items found April 25 in the sluiceway near the Hathaway Creative Center did belong to Ayla.Red flag #1: The entire article is based off of what the maternal family BELIEVES. That is not news; it is in no way objective, fact-based, or attributed to any type of solid source. In the very first sentence of this article, the author has let you know her motives and to whom she's trying to appeal.
If items belonging to Ayla were found in the river even after the passage of months, forensic testing could link them to the toddler. Ayla's stepfather, Jeff Hanson believes that's just what has happened.Red flag #2: First of all, Jeffrey is Ayla's stepGRANDfather, and his exact relationship with Ayla is unknown. I am of the belief that he did not know her at all, and only became involved in her life when she disappeared. (See why we don't base NEWS off of beliefs?) Secondly, the article is based SOLELY on a BELIEF held by Jeffrey Hanson; he doesn't even give a concrete reason for believing this.
He said repeat searches in the same general area and the investigators' lack of follow-up with Trista suggest the items contained Ayla's DNA.Red flag #3: Stop the f*ckin' presses! This does not suggest what the author says it does. These very same things could suggest that the items were not linked to Ayla, and that more searches were necessary to find what investigators originally set out to look for. Who knows, perhaps they received a credible tip, and were only in the area based on that. Jeffrey's reasoning is wholly flawed, and the author recklessly published (and therefore endorsed) his beliefs.
According to Hanson, investigators told Trista shortly before an official press conference May 31 they concluded Ayla was likely dead based in part on the items found in the dam and the amount of Ayla's blood in her father's home.Red flag #4: Does anyone else wonder why investigators can tell Trista that the items found lead them to conclude that Ayla is dead, yet they can't even tell Trista what the items are? She's been waiting for weeks to find out what the items are; MSP doesn't have her on their list of priorities. hmmm...Also the police told the parents what they were going to tell the public during the press conference, so that the parents wouldn't be caught off-guard (for lack of a better word.) So, I can't help but wonder why the police would tell Trista something so different than what was told to the public, especially knowing that Trista has no problem talking in/to the media...It's weird. The whole "you can say what you want but we won't confirm it" deal has always sat wrong with me.
The rest of the article basically assumes that what Jeffrey Hanson has said is the truth. I'm not sold. The ONLY SENTENCE worth reading in the entire article is this:
Police have declined to comment on the river finds other than saying they've been sent to the crime lab for forensics tests.
What say you all?!
Side Note:
As for the well-wishes Peeter speaks of, let's just say he's a little bit upset that he couldn't use his bully pulpit to make certain people appear on his defunct radio show. Tell the truth Peeter!
I would *guess* that MSP called Trista and said the same thing they did in the pc. Perhaps Trista has been thinking about the blood and the river items, so when they said what they did she *assumed* that was their reasoning... or someone (Becca or Jeff) asking "why are they saying that?" Trista "the blood and the items in the dam?"
ReplyDeleteit's all so weird...
DeleteWell I think Jeff is trying to cover his butt, and Carol is more than happy to help him do it.
DeleteI don't believe that Trista was told by MSP that they feel Ayla is likely dead, in part because of the items found near the dam. Nor because of the amount of blood found in the DiPietro home.
I think McCausland said at the PC, that the items found near the dam were still being tested.
If they were still undergoing testing at that time, then I seriously doubt that they have concluded from them (if they even belong to Ayla) that they prove she is likely dead.
So I can't see MSP telling Trista they are one of the reasons they believe that Ayla is likely dead.
ITA Space, Obscure and S.
DeleteRed flags everywhere! ....very weird.
I wonder what reasons MSP has to think she is dead.... If not the items from the bridge, then what?
DeleteYes, selena, red flags everywhere including with justins behavior.
Delete@Anonymous20:13
DeleteJustins behavior is very normal to me. You dont know him so how would you know?
One does not have to know him to see that he does not speak out for his daughter and to me that is not NORMAL . Would YOU speak out for your daughter, honestly?
DeleteWhat I would do, or you would do, or Bertha down the street would do, has NOTHING, and I mean nothing, to do with what Justin would do. Everyone has different personalities, shyness, openness, in-your-face, private, etc. I am sick to death of so many people freaking out because Justin isn't freaking out in public like "they would be doing."
DeleteMy sister and I are a lesson in contrasts. She's an open book, loud, loves attention, and is very out there. I'm quiet, reserved, and HATE attention. I'd much rather melt into the wallpaper whenever possible.
As a result, I very much relate to Justin. And I know for a FACT that he is helping to spread the word about Ayla. It may not be on the news or in your face, but he is.
I wish we could get to the point where we accept the fact that Justin isn't an attention whore like Trista is. He has no desire to sling mud like she is. He just wants his baby home. Period.
Justin has spoken out for his daughter "honestly". People just choose to ignore that. What Justin will not do is speak about his daughter's mother and his relationship with her.
Delete@Michelle - are you from Maine? I know a Michelle with one sister who could be described that way.
DeleteYes, I am. Do I know you? lol
Deletemaybe? ummm... maiden name initial P?
DeleteNo...not me. I was going to have you message who you think I am on Facebook (assuming you're friends with the person). Oh well...lol.
DeleteCrazy. . . of course LE has their reasons for sharing with Trista and not Justin, even if they have shared with Justin we wouldn't know because he is silent. . . . silent for Ayla. . . . (not impressed) IMO when the grand jury met earlier this year and everyone but Justin was brought in that says a lot. . . Selena I understand you standing up for family, but hope that you are shot down in the end. I believe LE is just taking there time and making sure all their ducks are in a row before making their move. . . I think they are pretty sure that Ayla will be found and they are pretty sure where she will be found. . . its just a matter of time. . . Any normal person, shy or not would stand up for their lost child if they were totally Innocent. . I don't believe Justin or anyone else that was there that night are totally innocent and I don't believe that LE thinks that either. I have faith in the LE , MSP and FBI! They will get justice for Ayla! Poor little Ayla :-(
Delete@ anon - "Selena I understand you standing up for family, but hope that you are shot down in the end." You HOPE her family is guilty of harming Ayla?
Delete@Michelle - Ahhh, well... I haven't seen that Michelle in quite some time... I probably know you better than I know her. haha
Delete@ Really? 08:37
DeleteWhen reading anon. 7:37, the same thing jumped out at me. I was going to make the same comment as you.
Some things people say just really causes me to shake my head in disbelief.
I hope that the police find the evidence they need to bring the person/persons responsible for harming a little girl to justice. . . IMO from what LE has stated, the person/persons is a relative of Selena's. . . JMO and Im entitled to it. . . it makes much more sense to me that the bullshit you dip lovers are passing off as truth. . . . Justin and company know more than what they are sharing the LE what more do you need ??????? blood evidence. . what more do you need. . .suspicious lip . . what more do you need. . . I WANT JUSTICE FOR AYLA NOT THE DIP SHITS THAT ARE HIDING OUT THINKING THIS WILL BLOW OVER!
DeleteI hear you. This sweet little girl has sure brought people together. I'm looking forward to the homecoming party!
Deleteanon - wouldn't you rather HOPE that you are wrong??? Wouldn't you be ecstatic if Ayla is found safe?
DeleteAnon 14:51
DeleteHOLY CRAP, I LOVE MY CAPSLOCK TOO! IT'S SO TERRIBLE OF US TO BELIEVE AYLA'S ALIVE. WE ARE SCUM OF THE EARTH FOR THAT. FA Q.
@ Anon 7:37
Delete" but hope that you are shot down in the end."
wow...You hope...funny the things people hope for...So you dont hope for AYLA to be alive and well? You want her brutally murdered by her Daddy?...wow. You want me to pay for believing in my family? Do you hope that I am sent to jail too? ....for believing she is alive and well? I bet you do. Im just glad that you are not doing the investigation...Im praying to God that LE is better than that!There is something wrong with your thinking...
I hope that you will see yourself for what you are one day...and change.
I find it rather easy to believe that MSP would be more specific with their reasoning for their statement with the parents than they would be with the public. To me, it seems like common, human decency to do so. The public may be curious and want answers, but the family truly deserves them. At the same time, it also seems like not showing her whatever they have may also have a human decency aspect to it. If for instance they had blood stained pajamas, imagine the shock and grief it would add to an already grieving parent to be shown that.
ReplyDeleteI'm not saying what Jeff says is true, but I'm not so easily inclined to think he or Trista are simply making things up. Just because some items may still be at the lab for testing, doesn't mean the testing they've completed already doesn't point to Ayla and foul play. Why would Jeff say that in an email if he didn't expect it to be said at the press conference? If nothing else he'd have looked pretty stupid if they came out and said the items in the sluiceway have nothing to do with Ayla and unless they told Trista otherwise, Jeff was taking a big chance by saying that was part of their reason.
What you said would make sense IF Trista had not previously released things to the public. It's an issue where if LE told her that, they knew she would release it---and they also knew they wouldn't confirm it. WHY?
DeleteTelling Trista something is the same as telling the public. I guarantee you there are investigative details that even Trista cannot be trusted with.
Speaking of looking stupid, let's not forget they staged an entire scene when finding out Ayla is likely dead---and they looked pretty stupid when McCausland said both families had been warned. So...yeah.
Anon 7:09,
DeleteI don't think Jeff counted on the email to be made public.
I'm sure he would have tried explaining it away to the ones he sent the email to. Probably the sane way others have done, by throwing Trista under the bus.
Seems to me Jeff & Trista have counted on LE not "confirming or denying" their stories thus far. Not much of a risk factor there.
DeleteMy brother is a detective on a missing child case here in Texas. LE absolutley plays tricks and 'releases' information without actually releasing information. They tell the family or certain individuals details of the case and state point blank we will not confirm any of this information to the media. I think it's for trial purposes...
DeleteI am almost sure I know who you are, and let me just say---the nasty things you say reflect poorly upon your brother and the agency he works for. I will stop at that, because although revealing information for you to blab online is technically conduct unbecoming an officer, I have no desire to get him into trouble.
DeleteJust watch how easily you run your mouth. You don't know who I am, and you also don't know what I know. I know that sound like I'm in the mafia or something, but seriously. I'm the wrong one to play games with like that. =)
sounds*
DeleteWTF Obscure. . . . what was wrong with her comment????? You are so one sided, you say your blog is for discussion and every time someone says something that goes against "your beliefs" they are shot down or threatened with your unhanded, abusive threats of making who they are public. GET A LIFE and get ready to be shown who actually caused harm to Ayla! You picked the wrong team and its starting to show. Maybe you should work on more articles for your blog, keeping the same one up for days is boring!
Delete@GAL
DeleteIf what you are saying is true then LE is not truthful with both sides of the family. So we do not know until a case is solved which side they are actually working now do we?
GAL, this is not a contest to be won or lost, and STOP making Ayla a pawn in your sick game. Frankly, you make me ill.
DeleteGAL aka Lauren, you are not smarter than a 5th grader. You give yourself away as anon above when you typed GET A LIFE in caps. (GAL)
DeletePease don't escalate this. You disagree, fine. Just don't strike out...
HA. . .Obscure I am the anon that posted GET A LIFE not GAL. . . not really sure why everyone is hostile to GAL I haven't seen anything that has been posted by GAL that has been offensive???????????? Its good to know that OBSCURE isn't as good as she/he/it thinks she/he/it is. . . . I still think you are CR. . .
Deleteanon - likely GAL is referring to a case that Obscure is also following - one that we don't know the particulars of - they may both be commenting elsewhere about it
DeleteThis sentence is fascinating to me: ‘As for the well-wishes Peeter speaks of, let's just say he's a little bit upset that he couldn't use his bully pulpit to make certain people appear on his defunct radio show. Tell the truth Peeter!’
ReplyDeleteI used to think that you were just blogging about this case as you have commented on other cases in the past, but now it seems that you are in contact with the D’s personally. While I don’t believe that you knew anyone involved before you started blogging on this case, I don’t think you can say anymore that you don’t know either side of the family. It’s clear that you have some sort of relationship with them as you have inside knowledge on certain things… To me- no big deal either way, I just don’t think you can say you don’t know or are not in contact with anyone involved in the case… interesting…
I am not in contact with anyone involved in this case. Period; point blank. I can understand where your assumption stems from, but the fact of the matter is that you're wrong.
DeleteInside knowledge? You just have to know where to look for it! ;)
I appreciate the little tidbit about Peter, as I was wondering what it was about.
Deletejust to add to the confusion..i called obscure GAL in some comments that never saw the light of day!
Deletei recall one said "have a heart, GAL!" (don't remember if i used all caps)
the thing is..the comments were before GAL started posting! so i just assumed that GAL was obscure..WTF? maybe obscure is fighting with herself? :D
...
obscure does have inside knowledge..that is obvious. but i guess (she) 'finds' it without any help from the families!
speaking of 'scary comments'..the one that haunts me is from way back when obscure wrote that we 'would be pleasantly surprised' when we found out who she is!
i never liked the sound of that!!!!!
LOL
velvet glove - "pleasantly surprised" scares you? :)
DeleteObscure has a way of finding cached copies of web pages (she's linked one before) - I don't know if that's where she got the info or not, but she is much more computer savvy than I am.
Maybe GAL comments on another board that Obscure follows? *shrugs*
Velvet, if you called me GAL in comments then you must have done so on another site. It didn't happen here, so please stop lying (?) about your comments not being posted.
DeleteAs far as GAL goes, she thinks I am another person. I'm not commenting about anything posted at another site, I'm talking about an email that she sent to someone---which was in turn forwarded to me. It's confusing, but she knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
Anything else?
velvet glove - Coming from Obscure, "pleasantly surprised" scares me, too. I can't imagine what a pleasant surprise could possibly be.
DeleteThinking out loud...."items belonging to Ayla." The only items we know belong to Ayla are the PJs (which have their own set of problems) the soft cast and the sling. Outside of those, wouldn't any other items require identification from someone before being ruled in or out? What I mean is that its inconceivable that LE would send every piece of trash/debris found in that river for testing. And let's say that they had a hunch a sent some things for testing and through degradation no forensic link to Ayla was found. Wouldn't LE want to show the item to Ayla's family (both sides) before ruling it out? If a forensic link was found, wouldn't they seek to establish the pedigree of the item?
ReplyDeleteThat's a really good point @MoreQuestions. Surely LE doesn't send every rag found in the river to the crime lab. Maybe Trista et al have identified the articles but haven't made that fact known yet. If the article was bloody Pj's that matched the ones Ayla was wearing, then I could see them getting sent to the crime lab. Naw, I don't think anything of Ayla's is in the river, including her.
DeleteObscure, I'm totally lost about the Peeter well wishes. Could someone enlighten me on that. I don't read his silly site.
Bystander- about the river items, would Trista even be the best source to be asking about items belonging to Ayla? Jessica was the one who packed the purple bag. Also, with Ayla being with Justin for two months, surely Ayla acquired things that Trista wouldn't even know about.
DeleteI agree with more questions comment above. I would have thought that MSP would have ask for conformation from the parents if the itmes could have belonged to Ayla. I too feel that Justin would have been the more likely parent to ask, or show the items to. Perhaps they did and we just don't know that information.
DeleteOf course there could be reasons why they would not have wanted to show the items to Justin.
If the items were not Pj's, similar to Ayla's and or the cast-sling, then I feel certain the items had to have some visible evidence on them, such as what might appear to be blood.
Otherwise I can't see sending the items to the lab.
At the time a reprter (I think) did say that he was told the items were a pink blanket and a small backpack, but stated that MSP would not confirm that. (Rob Poindexter..sp?)
Another interesting thing, at that time Jeff felt the need to comment that Trista was asking MSP "from week one" about a pink blanket and purple bag.
My thoughts are.. the items were a pink blanket and a backpack with something on the blanket that perhaps looked like, or could have been blood.
S- the blanket Trista was allegedly asking about from week one...wasn't that supposed to be a gift from Jessica to Ayla? Lilly's blanket, if I remember correctly. Trista took it with her to the 11/3 visit to Waterville.
DeleteI remember the discussion about a blanket that was someone else's (Jessica's daughter's?) that Trista wanted back. It was said she talked to MSP about it at the beginning, and it wasn't clear at that time if they had the blanket in evidence or if they had a picture of the blanket on a radiator in evidence. Also, it wasn't clear if MSP took the picture themselves when they were going through the house or if the picture came off of someone's camera. So, not sure if MSP actually physically saw the blanket.
DeleteOh I think that may be another lie on Jeff's part about the blanket since Lilly is not Jessica's daughter. Jessica has 3 children 2 boys and one girl. The girl was just a baby in November born 1-12-11. Jessica's children's names are Trevor, Maxwell, and Olivia. It is my understanding that Ronnie has a daughter named Lilly. So I call Jeff's whole story BULLSHIT.
Delete@ More questions,
DeleteYes, that is what Jeff said.
He did say that Jessica wanted Ayla to have it, and it had been Lilly's.
I never understood why Trista would have been asking MSP about a pink blanket and bag "from week one". It just didn't make sense that Trista was so concerned about a blanket & bag the first week that Ayla was missing. Or the second week, or third week, etc.
After a few months I could understand her asking about it, and wanting it back, ...but right away??
S - interesting observation, I hadn't thought about it like that before. It seems suspicious.
DeleteHow so Space? Wondering what implications this brings (not sarcastically). How would one week differ from one month for a mother of a missing child to want objects of hers to hold onto? Justin (supposedly)said no to items being returned to Trista, so he must want to hold onto something of hers too, no?
DeleteCharlie - if Trista has been specifically asking for just the 2 items (out of all the items Ayla has) from week 1 of this investigation and it turns out those 2 exact items are suspected of being found in the river, that seems very odd to me. There is not a clear reason... several possibilities - 1. she's lying, she hasn't asked for those items, and the mention of what they could be led her to saying "oh, I've been asking for those things all along." - 2. the items were planted as a diversion - 3. someone didn't want Trista to have them back... etc... regardless, it's odd. It leads my thoughts in many directions.
Delete@ Charlie,
DeleteI'm not Space, but I will explain my thoughts. I completely understand Trista wanting certain items that belong to Ayla. Matter of fact, I feel she should have some of Ayla's
things, especially a blanket that may be sentimental to her.
My problem is with Jeff's statement that Trista was asking MSP about this blanket and bag "from week one". First I find it strange that Trista is inquiring & worrying about these items in the first week that Ayla is missing?? I can't imagine that she was even thinking about a blanket and bag at that time.
I don't believe that Jeff's statement is true. In fact I'm sure it isn't. MSP was not even handling Ayla's case "from week one". Therefore Trista could not have ask them about a blanket & bag at that time.
I'll be honest, I have a problem with Jeff, and many things he says, and does. This statement was a lie. He knows it, and I know it. I know why he said it,...at least one of the reasons. It's pretty plain.
Gotchya. My understanding of the situation was that Trista had asked for certain items back including a bunch of clothing. Of course, my understanding of the situation is second hand given that I am not Trista or Justin.
DeleteHey... maybe Jeff is aylas new stepfather. Eww.
ReplyDeleteyucky...but seriously, that mistake should be corrected.
DeleteLet me see if I have this straight. Trista is saying (through Jeff) who then shares it (through the internet) that the police are actually sharing evidence and information with her but not with Justin? For LE to show that kind of incredible bias to one parent over another is not believable to me. He hasn't been named a suspect or even a Person of Interest. Why wouldn't the same information be shared with him also? If LE has shared that information with Trista, he should demand the same right to that information. Maybe he should send a letter to the governor....
ReplyDeleteSo far, we all know what happened to Ayla the same as LE. She disappeared and we don't know what happened to her or where she is or who is responsible.
LE can be bias. I don't know what if anything they share with Trista, but I believe they think Justin (and his family) are guilty and they aren't giving them the same courtesy they give Trista and family. It's what I 'think', not what I know.
DeleteJustin and family can call LE the same as Trista calls LE and LE have called Justin and his family for certain things. And what I think is that LE is walking the line because like the rest of us they just do not know what happened.
DeleteLE can be biased I'm sure. I just hope in this case if they are, they have their strategy for doing so. I am having doubts about the fact that LE has released info to the maternal family though. Thngs keep getting twisted more and more and pushed off as fact and LE has not confirmed. I also cant understand why LE is so willing to give Trista info and not Justin but yet they have not officially ruled her out as a suspect. Perhaps they really are releasing her info to get a reaction from one of them. I always thought Justin was responsible and I still do. To what extent I dont know. But I have growing doubts about Trista the more that her and her family are speaking out. I read this blog as well as the other...I like to keep well informed of the ENTIRE situation, not just one side. But the other blog sure does get really pissy as soon as anyone starts to have an open mind. I have been attacked and today, the attacks on McKee continue and frankly its really pissing me off. I totally agree with what she says, you cant trust the content if you cant trust the source.
Delete" you cant trust the content if you cant trust the source."
DeleteITA and that is why Obscure and #2 are showing the source for what it is...WHy get pissed off at this blog for opening the curtain and showing the wackadoos behind it over there? I dont know what happened...but Im not making shit up and pushing it as truth either....why would someone make stuff up? A very good question there. Why if one is completely innocent, do they have to lie? ...or act for the camera? I dont get it...Common sense says the guilty lie...Why lie when one knows that they are going to get called out on it? Something has got to give soon...
@Selena
DeleteExactly!
How do you know this info was not shared with justin. Have you heard him speak out?
ReplyDeleteWould'nt it be nice if LE does figure out where Ayla is and justice is served? It seems like many of you don't care about that. Say it is'nt so, please
Justin didn't have media at the press conference to capture his surprised reaction (which was a small lie).
DeleteMaybe Justin is really upset that his daughter is missing and he doesn't know what happened to her.
It'd be really nice if LE figured it out. It's been months and they have "hundreds of pieces of evidence" And they haven't figured it out.
Anon. 0:10,
DeleteI have a very different perspective of most of those who comment here. Most seem to care very much about justice, and would love nothing more than Ayla to be found.
I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone wants Ayla to be found, whether they read or comment here or at any other place. I can't even imagine that there would be anyone who does not want Ayla to be found. We may all have our differences when it comes to our opinions and beliefs, but I don't think any of us differ on our hopes for Ayla. - KJ
DeleteWell-said, KJ
DeleteYes,KJ...well said.
DeleteS - Can you say how your perspective is different?
Delete@ Really?
DeleteI was commenting on this..
"Would'nt it be nice if LE does figure out where Ayla is and justice is served? It seems like many of you don't care about that"
I agree with KJ, I believe that everyone following Ayla's case, and commenting on the various blogs, certainly want Ayla found, and justice served.
My perspective of most who comment here, is as I stated, certainly want for Ayla to be found, and justice served. I think most of the regular commenters have a very open mind and don't have a fixed opinion as to what happened to Ayla. Most are not willing to accept hearsay and rumors and are seeking true facts. I think most don't or are not willing to ridicule, or judge the paternal family guilty without facts or evidence to do so.
That's my persepective. It's also why this is most definitely my blog of choice.
.
S. I like your perspective and I think, to some degree, I agree with your perspective of most of the regular commenters here. It is probably why I continue to come back to read.
DeleteStrange thing is that there are many people who have decided that I have already made up my mind about this case, when in fact "I" haven't even reached that conclusion.
In some fashion or another, I've been trying to find out what the truth is. Unfortunately, the truth comes wrapped up in the biases of whoever is telling it (at any given moment). Even facts can be stated in a way that can mislead. So finding truth is not an easy task at all. - KJ
I agree with all of that, S. OKKK... I get it, terribly slow on the uptake of that one I'm afraid. When you said "I have a very different perspective of most of those who comment here." I read it as "I have a very different perspective THAN most of those who comment here DO." But, I'm glad I asked - ITA with your answer.
DeleteI agree with every word you typed S.
Delete((((Selena))))
ReplyDelete:) TY S. You made me smile.
Delete??? @S What does Selena enclosed in multiple parenthesis mean?
ReplyDeleteIt's a hug.
DeleteIt's the online equivalent of a hug.
DeleteWhy is Selena in need of a hug? Seriously, I must be missing something.
ReplyDeleteBystander, wtf?
DeleteHer great niece is missing. Can ppl not give her virtual hugs?
@ Bystander,
DeleteAfter reading a comment that Selena made,..up above, under the tab *Find It Here*..that really touched my heart, I felt the desire to give her a big hug. I ......
Maybe Selena should call Justin and clan and find out what happened to her niece if she is so in need of hugs. . . that would get some! No, instead she defends them knowing that they know more than what they are sharing. . . I don't get it, family or not, if I knew my family was hiding things that might help in answering questions of a missing baby I would not be publicly defending them. . . POOR SELENA NEEDS A HUG. . . I BET AYLA NEEDED A HUG TOO. . . YOU DISGUST ME!
Deleteanon - "she defends them knowing that they know more than what they are sharing" - I've been reading and posting here for months as has Selena, from what I've read she believes they have told all they know - how would YOU KNOW, that SHE KNOWS that THEY KNOW anything??
DeleteGeeze, don't yell at me. I didn't mean anything rude. I have not read the "find it here". Therefore, I thought maybe something bad/sad had happened RECENTLY that we were giving hugs to Selena.
DeleteI'm sorry Pogamen, but I don't understand your writings. I have nothing against you, but I just don't read because it's confusing to me. That's why I didn't read "find it here". I started, but then abandoned the reading.
@ Anon 14:57
Delete"No, instead she defends them knowing that they know more than what they are sharing. . .
I dont know any such thing.Just because you think and LE think they know more, doesnt mean they do. I know that Phoebe took like two weeks...or three weeks of vacation or sick pay off so that she could be right there for LE and Justin.She was very available to LE. I also know that Justin,Lance and Elisha was right there too. Three weeks and counting they have been there ANY time LE has asked them questions or wanted them to come in for ANYTHING.
Wow...you sure do know exactly what happened, don't you? OMG I CAN HOLLER TOO! YOU DISGUST ME!
Delete@ Bystander,
DeleteNo problem. (((Bystander)))
@anon 14:57 Who said...."POOR SELENA NEEDS A HUG. I BET AYLA NEEDED A HUG TOO.. YOU DISGUST ME"
Oh well, for whatever it is worth, I really don't care if I digust you.
I'm happy to see selena, that you saw justin and phoebe each day during that time.
DeleteI doubt selena had cried even once over Ayla. What she does tho is find alot of humor and attention.
DeleteReally? "from what I've read she believes they have told all they know". And yet she doesn't ask them questions or solicit information beyond what they offer up. Sure, she may believe what they tell her. That's easy. What's hard is to ask the tough questions and she's pretty clearly said she doesn't do that. Not. At. All. Not. One. Bit. She can't see the forest for the trees. The most offensive thing is how this blog seems to make her so happy most of the time she posts. It's like she gets a kick out of it. Disgusting.
Deleteanon - I think you've either missed a lot of comments, can't read between the lines, or are determined not to be sympathetic to her position. If she seems happy once in awhile isn't that ok? Don't people go through different moods? Was it ok for Trista to be dancing and laughing in the streets of Portland or was that also disgusting?
DeleteSome pissing matches can't be won, you just get all wet.
Delete@Bystander, you're not missing anything now...
ReplyDelete((({Bystander))))
lol
DeleteI think I clicked on the wrong 'Reply' link for Bystander's hug? It happens sometimes. Bystander, I really did mean to give you a hug, and not... umm... kiss your... umm... feet.
DeleteBystander, don't apologize for reading or thinking preferences. My writing is outside my comfort zone, too. Believe me when I say - there is a reason. I read everything you write, look forward to reading more from you, and appreciate your logic and candor.
@Selena, this thread is taking us into a place that I've had difficulty putting to words. Bystander could really help out here. It has to do with LE's stated dissatisfaction over answers and confidently knowing that the families have nothing more to add.
Is this the problem? --> LE is asking each of them a set of questions - the same set of questions. Each family member is equally responding, saying, 'I don't know.' We can only hypothesize without knowing the real reason for LE's 'angst' or having feedback from family members. I'm beginning to think that the actual predicament/problem is lacking definition - and not the questions or the lack of answers. Is this making sense?
Bystander, this IS the reason for admitting my ability to observe these people. I can think of a dozen things (without trying) that I can explain and none of the family members know anything about. I've never seen anything quite like this - not ever.
posted by pogamen 8/10/2012
Selena is a fake!
DeletePogamen, I'm still having some difficulty understanding what it is you are asking/saying in your 22:33 post, but I'll put my thoughts out based on what I think.
DeleteFirst off, when LE is spoken about in this case, aren't we really just talking about what McCausland says? He is not a detective, but rather a spokesman for LE. I'm assuming (and I could be wrong) that he gets information from the detectives and then puts it into his own words. Whether he gets approval from someone higher up before he comes forward to the press, I don't know. Things like "doesn't pass the straight face test" and "they aren't telling all they know" are his words and we don't know how much spin he has put on it.
I suspect that the three in the house that night were questioned and pretty much gave the same story; a story which was basically that they went to bed and when they arose in the morning, Ayla was gone. Whomever did the interviews apparently doesn't believe this story, because they think that it would be impossible for someone to have taken Ayla without there being any evidence of it and also they don't believe that three people in a small house could sleep through the abduction. I think it is just that simple.
Justin and Elisha (don't know about Courtney) took the poly. While I realize that Poly results aren't totally reliable, LE should have been able to get an idea of whether these people lied on the same questions. If the poly showed lies, then that also would explain why LE thinks they are withholding information or not telling the truth.
It's natural for people to say what they think they would do if they are one of the three in the house. Personally, I would hate the world thinking I was guilty of a serious crime and I would want to come forward and tell my story. However, if I thought LE was just waiting for me to say the wrong words so that they could hang the crime on me, an innocent person, then I might just clam up like the three of them have.
I've said repeatedly that I think the three in the house are innocent of harming Ayla, and my opinion has not changed. That's why I'm on this blog and not any of the others.
very interesting pogamen.
DeleteBystander, your thoughts (as always) are appreciated. I agree, the three in the house did no harm to anyone.
DeleteThat's not exactly what I'm trying to identify, though. I can write one analogy after another, but when I try to explain in this context, my thoughts stay like a mini-tornado - a pesky dust devil. Based on McCausland's press releases... I haven't viewed/read them in their entirety, but I think more aggravation is imparted than what his 'standard quote' implies. Like having a million pieces of a puzzle and using the family's testimony to fit the pieces together. They're all saying the same thing. There's more pieces to fit together. Each family member isn't sharing information about themself or one of the other family members to finish placing the remaining pieces - and there's a lot of left over pieces. The questions are used to guide and point out missing information, not always asked in the form of a question. A response might be, 'No, silly, that's not what happened next; this is what happened...' Only no explanation is produced. But, then, LE looks down at the puzzle and sees there's no place to put the extra pieces - it's already complete and they're left holding thousands of spare pieces.
I do know one reason for this to be true... even without considering intruders, there were not three adults in the house, not even on the night of Dec 16. There were three plus a half, plus a half, plus a half (if Ayden was there, too).
posted by pogamen 8/11/2012
Anonymous07:22 is too!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious. "Anonymous 7:22" says Selena Johnson is a fake. Way to go out on a limb there Anon and be "real". To Selena keep up the good work. Stay real :)
DeleteStay real fake Selena. . .your wonderful family's day is coming. . . hopefully sooner rather than later, but Im here until it happens. . . there is no doubt in my mind that whatever happened to that beautiful baby happened at the hands of YOUR FAMILY. . .say proud Selena!
Delete