Here's the thing though---children in Maine do not need immunizations beyond the age of 18 months (until they are 4-6 years old). When Ayla turned 18 months on October 4, 2011, she was still in Trista's care. To make this even more interesting, Trista took Ayla to the doctor (for the leg injury) on October 5, 2011. At that appointment, Ayla was given a flu shot. Why wouldn't the doctor go ahead and update all of her shots, because they were needed at that point.
Chart: (from the link above)
At birth
|
HepB
|
2 months
|
HepB + DTaP + PCV + Hib + Polio +
Rotavirus
|
4 months
|
DTaP + PCV + Hib + Polio + Rotavirus
|
6 months
|
HepB + DTaP + PCV + Polio +Hib +
Rotavirus +Influenza
|
12 months
|
MMR
+ Varicella + PCV + Hib + HepA
|
18 months
|
HepA + DTaP
|
4 - 6 years
|
MMR
+ Varicella + DTaP + Polio
|
The only things I can think of are:
a) Trista was behind on Ayla's immunization schedule. She should not have been, because she did not work and had nothing better to do than ensure her children made it to their medical appointments.
b) Trista is lying about the missed appointments.
c) Trista made appointments that Justin didn't know about, or vice versa.
I'm not saying, emphatically, that she is lying, I just think this is one more thing that doesn't really "add up." The only way to know for sure is to see a shot record, and we don't have that at our disposal. Any thoughts on that?
Also, back to the leg injury...
It occurred in late September. Isn't it ironic that in early October, Trista was "becoming increasingly dependent on alcohol (and drugs IMO). As some of you love to say, drugs and kids don't mix. It's also ironic that she supposedly thought Justin was abusing Ayla, yet she picked him to care for Ayla while she went to rehab. Let's also not forget that she supposedly reported abuse to DHHS, with Justin as a perpetrator, at least 2 times. During the family team meeting, and perhaps at some point before then, DHHS allowed Justin to take Ayla.
Specifically, Trista says “It was agreed on paper while I was in rehab,” says Reynolds, who says the agreement happened, “In front of two DHHS workers, the supervisor, doctors and an attorney." IF we believe that Trista had already reported the previous abuse, we are also to believe that all of the above people risked their careers for the sole purpose of allowing little old Justin DiPietro to skirt the system. BULL SHIT.
Keep in mind that one of the purposes of a family team meeting is to create a safety plan for a child... The police officers who responded to Trista and Jessica's fight called DHHS; from that one could conclude that the children were in danger. I really think that Trista caused the leg injury, DHHS substantiated the claim as being against HER, and that is part of the reason Ayla ended up in Justin's care. I don't have a case file in front of me, obviously, but I know a little bit about how child protective services works.
Let me not get carried away....have a good evening/day depending on where you are in the world!
So now you are ripping off my blog? Can't you think of an original post?
ReplyDeleteGrace
wow, what? go check your IP tracker, I haven't even been to your blog! lol I wrote this because the discussion of the medical records and such.
DeleteSurely Grace is being sarcastic, since she and the new blog both posted your My Challenge to YOU verbatim.
Deleteyeah IDK...
DeleteThe challenge on my blog was not verbatim. It was different.
DeleteThe fact is this post was plagiarized from my blog.
Very classy.
Grace
Please link me to where I copied this from? Please and thank you. If your next comment is not a link, don't bother posting it. You are here (probably not Grace) just to stir things up. It's not going to fly. Post the link, or shut the hell up already.
DeleteThanks.
*crickets chirping*
DeleteIsn't Grace's "blog" just a bunch of astrological readings & what-not?
Obscure you are exactly right about a, b & C.
Deletehttp://justiceforayla.org/reynolds-immunization-lies/
DeleteThe sentiments are the same, Grace. This is rather petty, but I will concede the point. When I get to a desktop, I will add a disclaimer. However, if you search back, this is not the first time the topic was brought up.
DeleteHope that helps. Btw, you are mad about an "original post" but you stole an entire blog? Lol
At least stealing the blog was original.
DeleteThe second half of your "story" also came from my blog.
http://justiceforayla.org/the-dhhs-team-meeting/
Grace, this is not the FIRST time I've discussed either of these issues. Go back through my posts, and you will see how ridiculous you are being.
DeleteI hate to be rude, but your blog is rather new. I've been around since, like, February. You've been on the scene maybe 2 months. I was doing just fine without your blog, and I will continue to do so.
I know what it feels like to be irrelevant. Hang in there!
Yes, and since February you have been ripping other blogs off. Now it's my turn. If I were so irrelevant, as you say, why are you repeating what I have already said?
DeleteDoesn't that make you redundant? Hang in there!
DeleteGrace, there are so many facets to this case. You can't seriously expect to corner the market on all discussions pertaining to Ayla, even if you're the first one to post about it on a blog? (Which is questionable if you were, at best)
DeleteLoL Grace is saying you ripped off of her blog, I think she would be the last person who can say anything about that subject (well on the other hand maybe the first). How did you come up with that highly original name for your blog "justiceforayla.org" Grace? gosh that just sounds so familiar, it's almosy like I have seen that blog name before somewhere, hmmm...
DeleteOk Grace. I appreciate the feedback. May the force be with you!
DeleteEveryone was probably unaware you posted anything on this topic because let's face it. How many people actually read over there?
DeleteThe only shot that I can see might have been missed is the 2nd flu shot - likely Justin didn't know about the appointment. If any of the other shots were missed, Trista was behind. If Justin originally only planned on having Ayla a couple weeks it would make sense that Trista could take Ayla for her shots. If he planned on keeping her, presumably he would set her up with a doctor in Waterville. Also, if Justin didn't plan on getting assistance from WIC, why would he take here there if he even knew about it?
ReplyDeleteOn WIC, exactly right. Can men even get WIC anyway? I think they were just continuing their shit-on-Justin parade, and knew the haters take what they say as gospel anyway.
DeletePerhaps Justin didn't want or need the stuff WIC provides.
DeleteNot to be in their business, but if Gabby was on WIC, couldn't she and Ayla just share milk/cereal/veggies/or whatever they provide in Maine? They're close in age, neither of them on formula anymore. They could drink out of the same jug of whole milk...
Most definitely. I've never done the WIC thing, but my single mom sister-in-law did, and Lord knows they give you tons of food so that you have to give it away before it goes bad. She used to give us milk & cheese now and again. Either way, people close to Justin said he never missed WIC appts. because he never signed up for WIC. Like I said, just their lame attempt at making him look bad & knowing their sheep would believe it.
DeleteJustin could not have gone to Trista's WIC appointments. When you signup for WIC you get a folder of sorts that has your name on it and your proxy's name it must be signed by both yourself and your proxy. Those are the only 2 people allowed to use the checks for food and pick the food checks up at the office. If Justin wanted WIC for Ayla he would have had to go to his own WIC office in his county to sign up and see if he quantified. He could qualify to get WIC for Ayla depending on household income. WIC schedules an appointment every 3 months and gives you 3 months worth of food checks at a time so there is no way in the time he had Ayla he could have missed 2 appointments.
DeleteI would like to say a big f u to my phone. Third time typing this.
DeleteThere is a good chance justin might not have even known she needed a second flu shot. Technically she was old enough the year before to get a flu shot.
There is a good chance she was probably behind on her shots since Trista probably didn't have reliable transportation.
Lastly as far as them doing the immunizations on the visit for her leg, I am not sure they would have. Some doctors are great and will cover everything you need on any visit but some will not. My sons pediatricians office tried to make me schedule to have his diaper rash looked at the day before his well visit. They told me well visits and sick visits have to take place seperately which is dumb because she has to look inside his diaper at the well visit.
What is the name of the " new" blog??
ReplyDeleteCopying someone else's 'idea' on this just doesn't fly. It is certainly a natural thought progression from the previous post on the baby gate and daycare. I've been wondering the same things myself about her immunizations. Some people avoid them, and can get an exemption. Rules vary from state to state on exemption status.
ReplyDeleteQ: Did Justin have Ayla's immunization record?
If not, then he had no proof that she had any of her immunizations. (without religious exemption) For purposes of daycare and school, the record must be physically in hand and recorded on daycare/school records with signature from daycare/school representative. Without the shot record, a child would be required to repeat ALL of the missing immunizations before being accepted for enrollment. If she was simply missing the 18 month series, he would have been given 4-7 days to comply (a reminder). I'm sure everyone that comments here already knows this stuff anyway, except for maybe Answers4Ayla.
posted by pogamen 8/31/2012
Well doctor visits are not usually right exactly on the specific day/date. They are usually after. For example, the childs "physical", which is a well visit, is not ON the childs birthday. It could be, but it is usually after. Especially depending on the availability of the doctors schedule. Ayla just recently turned 18 months when Justin had her staying with him. That would not put her 18 month vaccinations "behind". If he, the parent she was staying with, neglected to keep up on her immunizations, that is his own fault. He didn't know when she needed immunizations? No one else could tell him?
ReplyDeleteIn reply to a different post. Of course any patient, parent, legal guardian, or anyone who has been given legal right to answer for a patient, can obtain copies of their medical records. If your doctor will not provide you with them, that is not legal. They may, and usually do, charge a fee however.
Also, of course Justin could get WIC for Ayla, if he wanted/needed it. Maybe he didn't want/need it.
Anonymous9/1/12 7:40 AM
DeleteI'm not sure what you are saying!
Ayla was 18 months old on the 4th of October 2011. (Justin did not have her at that time.) Trista took Ayla to the doctor on the 5th of October, and ask for a flu shot for Ayla and Raymond.
Are you saying Ayla needed more vaccinations at this time, October 5, 2011, and it should be Justin responsible for Ayla not getting the vaccinations she needed? If Ayla needed other "shots", why didn't Trista bring it up at either appointment (9/29 or 10/5). Why did she only ask for the influenza vaccine?
signed:getrealpeople
getreal, Ayla may have had a seperate appointment for her flu shot(s), than her well baby visit. Sometimes the dr offices run out of flu shots, you have to take it when you can get it. A flu shot does not consist of seeing the actual doctor and a complete visit. Some doctor offices are very busy and will not do the well visit, just because the child is getting a flu shot. It might sound stupid, I think it is too, but it is true.
DeleteThe doctor office knows darn well when Ayla would need her immunizations. Do you think the doctor refused to give Ayla her immunizations? Common sense tells me, there was a different appointment for her well visit (physical, as some people call it, and immunizations).
I'm saying it was her parents responsibility to make sure she was up to date. Apparently Trista didn't give Justin enough notice, and Justin didn't bother to find out when her appointment(s) where, nor make one himself.
@Anonymous9/1/12 2:20 PM
DeleteWell, all I'm saying is: Trista asked for Ayla's flu shot while in an appointment for her "abnormal gait" problem. I believe, since Trista is on welfare, the MMC (Pediactric Clinic) is where Ayla goes to the doctor. They certainly would know if Ayla was due for any other "shots".
signed:getrealpeople
Yes! I agree! That's why it appears to me, there must have been a different, scheduled appointment for her immunizations. And actually, I didn't know it was for the gait issue. The office would not also combine her well visit, with her sick visit. That would take up a lot of time. Taking time away from people who have scheduled appointments. They would have, most likely, told Trista they could not combine the 2 appointments, and to make one for the immunizations, if there wasn't already one scheduled.
DeleteAnonymous9/1/12 3:09 PM
DeleteOkay, this is getting silly! They did give Ayla a flu shot during her appointment for her "abnormal gait" issue. This is according to the medical record that was posted on the internet. Please go read it, and then come back and tell us how they won't combine two scheduled appointments, and made Trista reschedule, or keep her other appointment? If Trista had an appointment already scheduled for immunizations, why is she asking them to give Ayla a flu shot?
Your post makes no sense to me. You didn't know Ayla's appointment was for was for her leg injury? If Ayla was "sick" they wouldn't have given her flu shot.
It's been fun!!!, but enough already!
signed:getrealpeople
OK, go call some pediatric offices for yourself. I'm giving you true facts. Her gait issue is a sick visit. It is not a well visit.
DeleteI don't know her visit was for her gait issue? Ok, well I'm going by what you paeople are all saying here. I didn't make it up myself.
Most doctor offices will not provide a physical/well visit/immunizations, during a sick/injury visit. Thats the way it is. If you dont believe me, call around.
@Anonymous 9/2/12 4:01 PM - That's been my experience, also.
DeleteI had typed up something but I don't think it ever posted. I ran into this same issue once. Some doctors are great and will combine visits and do the things you need in one visit but my sons pediatricians office will not. They tried to make me schedule another appointment to look at a yeast diaper rash the day before my sons 18 month well visit. They told me it had to be scheduled as a seperate sick visit which to me was crazy because she had to look inside his diaper on his well visit anyways.
DeleteThey offer flu shots at both well visits and sick visits. Basically at any opportunity.
DeleteAll I have to say to your post Obscure is Exactly!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you next exciting STORY will be. . . lol
ReplyDelete@Michelle, that's not true.
DeleteYou're the exception to the rule.
DeleteIf I got anything wrong, feel free to correct it. That would be engaging in a conversation. You know, like intelligent, well adjusted adults do?
ReplyDeleteObscure - Apparently it's bullshit when you look at the Reynolds' lies, and back it up with the proof they themselves posted.
ReplyDeleteWhat's not bullshit? Believing everything they say without question.
Fact:
ReplyDeleteTrista was the one who was behind on Ayla's immunizations.
Trista did not inform Justin of one of Ayla's appts while she was in rehab until an hour before appt was scheduled. Therefore causing Ayla to miss appt.
Trista informed Justin of an appt Ayla had scheduled an hour apart from her arm appt on their way to her arm appt. Justin informed Trista she obviously was not going to make her other appt. because her arm appt was more important.
Justin informed Trista that he did not need WIC and was not infact going to take her to WIC. Any of the WIC appts "missed" were Trista's responsibility not Justins.
thank you, anon 11:37
ReplyDeleteAnon, was Trista behind on Ayla's immunizations, or was the appointment that she only gave an hours notice for, the appointment that put Ayla behind? I totally understand not being able to make an appointment with only an hour notice. From the date of that appointment (in October) up to Dec 17th, did Ayla's father make a new appointment, to make sure his daughter was up to date on her immunizations?
ReplyDeleteAlso Anon, I think you might have missed my previous question. When you said that DHHS was involved with Trista for quite a while and had no trouble visiting and following up with her, could you please elaborate. How long, before the fight/alcohol involvement were they involved, and for what reasons. Im asking because the only involvement mentioned so far, stems from the fight with Jessica/alcohol.
anon 1215 - "From the date of that appointment (in October) up to Dec 17th, did Ayla's father make a new appointment..."
ReplyDeleteThat appointment would have been in the middle of November, not October.
Wasn't she in rehab in October?
ReplyDeleteAnon said:
"Trista did not inform Justin of one of Ayla's appts while she was in rehab until an hour before appt was scheduled. Therefore causing Ayla to miss appt."
I'm from 12:15 and 12:46. It sounds like Trista and Justin are both at fault. Trista should have told Justin ahead of time, and Justin, if he was being responsible, should have found out when his daughters appointment was, or called to find out when, or made his own.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous9/1/12 12:54 PM
ReplyDeleteYou don't make any sense, sorry. How could Justin possible know there was an appointment? What, is he supposed to call all the pediatricians in the area, to see if Ayla has any pending appointments? If Ayla missed any vaccinations, she was with Trista at the time. Trista had Ayla at the doctors office on the 5th of October and ask for a flu shot, for Ayla and Raymond. Why wouldn't she ask for other shots, if Ayla needed them? Ayla was 18 months old at her last appointment with Trista. Justin didn't get Ayla until after mid-month of October.
signed;getrealpeople
See above, getreal.
ReplyDeleteSo now Justin did not know what doctor Ayla saw? Then being her father, he would find out. If her immunizations were not up to date, he would make sure they were, within the 2 months he had her. I've already said Trista should have given him more notice than an hour, but it goes both ways.
Anonymous9/1/12 2:25 PM
ReplyDeletePlease tell me where Trista gave him a one hour notice. You got a link for that? And, again, why didn't Trista get Ayla's vaccinations up to date on the 5th of October, you know, when she ask for the flu vaccination? She is the one getting her child vaccinations, she must certainly know what she needs (as should the doctor).
signed:getrealpeople
@Anonymous9/1/12 2:25 PM
ReplyDeleteWhat are your statements all about. Trista is saying Justin missed appointments for Ayla's vaccinations. You state,"If her immunizations were not up to date, he would make sure they were, within the 2 months he had her." So, I take it, you are saying Trista did not keep up with getting Ayla vaccinated, and now it is Justin's fault?
Also, Ayla does not have the same doctor each time she is brought to Maine Medical Center, Trista is on welfare. In case you didn't realize, Trista does not have a job, she lives off of the state (taxpayers money).
signed:getrealpeople
getreal, I spoke about flu doctor visits as opposed to well doctor visits at 2:20. In regards to the one hour notice, it was posted by "Anon", on this very page. I asked Anon some questions as well, which would help clear up some, not all, of this.
ReplyDeleteAyla and Ray apparently had flu shot visits. That is not the same thing as a well visit/immunizations. The patient usually does not even see the docto at the flu shot visit. If the office was too busy (flu season would do it), they would tell the patient to keep their appointment, for the well visit. They will not (always) combine appointments. They would have to be working 24 hours per day, if they let every patient combine/switch all their appointments. It appears to me, Ayla must have had an appointment in mid October for her well/visit. Anon stated that Trista gave Justin a one hour notice when she was in rehab. It is understandable that he could not keep that appointment. Did he make a new one, or find out when the new one was?
getreal, I have no idea if Trista was behind or not. If she had an appointment scheduled, she technically was not behind. If she was behind, no that is absolutely not Justins fault. It would then become his fault ALSO, if he did not bother to get her up to date.
ReplyDelete@Anonymous9/1/12 2:58 PM
ReplyDelete"I spoke about flu doctor visits as opposed to well doctor visits", HUH?
"In regards to the one hour notice, it was posted by "Anon", on this very page." And, hey, you ask questions to help clear it up. Well, gee, now I understand! So, if I told you, Trista never took Ayla to get her vaccinations, you would believe me?
signed:getrealpeople
OT: This business of Trista last communicating with Ayla on December 8 stinks like a steaming pile of dung. She did NOT have to go through DHHS on this. She merely had to place a call to the Waterville Police Department, provide the 29 Violette Avenue address, and request a welfare check on Ayla. Welfare checks are not a courtesy...they are a function of law enforcement.
ReplyDeleteSo why didn't Trista do this? She was concerned about the pulled-leg muscle and the broken arm, and yet Ayla remained in Justin's care. Common sense dictates that a concern for a toddler's safety, coupled with an inability to communuicate with said todddler, would prompt an immediate response by LE.
If Trista had only acted upon this, we would have much more information on this case. Would LE have found Ayla in the home? Was she in good health?
Just a vent. This issue has troubled me for a long time...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deletemckeekitty That is what a lot of people question also. I have said the same thing over and over. I tried to come up with a theory when Obscure had posted a place for them and anytime I tried all I came up with was more questions for Trista and her family.
DeleteAnother OT: I am curious your views on the fact that Trista and her mother could not take poly's and they say LE said it was fine and they did not have to reschedule? We have all seen the Nancy Grace transcripts with a poly expert that says there is no such thing as stopping a poly in the middle and saying you passed since it is a combination of a complete test that is needed for results.
Looking At The Facts...you have touched upon my achille's heel.
DeleteAn incomplete poly is, at best, inconclusive. No way in hell a poly administrator says "okay, Trista...you have a medical condition (undisclosed) and can't finish up, but we're very satisfied with your results thus far." That is bullshit. This claim is not being backed up by LE. Becca's daily cocktail rendered her unable to be polyed? More bullshit. Drug addicts are polyed every day...there is a "base line" established. Even those that suffer from anxiety and panic disorder have a "base line."
I do believe Justin "failed" his poly, but I also believe Trista answered "yes...my name is Trista Reynolds", and the issue of a medical condition suddenly came up.
An incomplete poly is an inclusive poly.
I do not know whether Justin passed or failed since it has not been confirmed by LE. The fact that he completed it is all that I am interested in. There are other cases where even though parents of missing children failed they were still proven not involved. I also believe that if you feel guilty even though you did nothing you could fail a question. My concern is the whole they are satisfied with the results even though I could not complete a test. I know LE has never confirmed this either but this is what we have as unconfirmed by LE:
DeleteJustin: I smoked it
Trista: I could not complete it due to a medical condition and LE is satisfied and i do not have to reschedule
Becca: I could not take the test due to my narcotic and antidepressant use. I offered to stop them but LE said no I did not need to.
Elisha: I did fine
I will say I do believe Elisha is telling the truth when she said she did fine. It seems to me that if she took the test when it was finished she may have asked the poly examiner how did I do. Not scoring the test yet or talking to LE he may have said you did fine.
Polygraphs are not pass or fail as a whole. Each question is evaluated and interpreted on their own. For example a question can be "questionable" or be "concerning" not pass or fail on it's own.
DeletePolygraphs are based on interpretation.
LE uses polygraphs as a means to gather information and to judge peoples reactions.
http://rense.com/general80/poly.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1kEj8YOGRU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph
OT: Does anyone remember Trista (or any of the Reynolds) "calling out to the kidnapper"? In the first days, even? From what I remember Trista's first interview was with Nancy Grace a day or 2 after Ayla went missing. In that interview she seemed focused on bashing Justin, as someone pointed out, it was like she was talking about a custody dispute rather than a missing baby.
DeleteGood point Space
DeleteI just went back and looked at most of her interviews. I do not see her "calling out to the kidnapper". Is that weird?
IMO She was more concerned with Justin not talking to her. Here she was on national TV where she was reaching huge audience and did not say who ever has my daughter please bring her back or anything like that. That is one of the first things that struck me as odd, but Justin says something like you are not her parent you may think you are doing what is right but you are not and people jump on him about it saying he knew who had her or what happened. He personalizes Ayla by calling her "my daughter" and he gets grief about not saying her name. There are so many things like that in this case that keeps making me ask why the big push for find Justin guilty in the eyes of public opinion?
Delete(had to fix a word left out)
ReplyDeletemckeekitty, I agree with you there. It bothers me that a mother, who says, she could not talk to Ayla and worried about her, didn't do more when she "wasn't allowed to talk to Ayla" (her words, not mine). I'm a mother and a grandmother, I can't imagine not raising the roof if I felt a child and/or grandchild of mine was being hurt or withheld from me. I would have walked to the police station if I was that concerned. Why didn't Trista do more? From the 8th of December to the 16th of December is a long time. Was she really concerned for Ayla's safety? Or is that just a convenient story after the fact (of Ayla going missing)? So many questions, so few answers that make sense. I hope that Ayla is found and I hope this case is resolved, for her sake and for everyone else. This case just seems to have a lot more to it then first meets the eye. I'm trying to re-evaluate and look at this from a new perspective. There are many things I took for face value, that I question now. - KJ
KJ
DeleteI have seen you flip back and forth on this case very publicly, I'm curious what was it that made you flip back to questioning the maternal family again?
Looking at the facts, Perhaps I appear to flip back and forth because I have never had an absolute idea of what happened. I've read both sides and have never settled on any conclusion. Although, other people may have decided I was for "one side" or the other, that's not true. I can look back at many posts where I clearly stated that I had no idea who did what.
DeleteYes, in the beginning it seems that Trista couldn't have been involved (IMO) because Ayla was miles away in Waterville and she was in Portland. It was my understanding that she did not have access to a car. Public transportation in Maine is not quite as abundant as it is in many other states,cities. So, it seemed logical to think that Trista wasn't involved in Ayla's disappearance.
Also, Justin and his family quickly went silent. That, to me, seemed unusual too. Why would a father who loves their child not scream out to the "kidnappers" to give back his child? I can totally understand the "not wanting to point fingers etc", but saying as little as Justin has said is strange, in my opinion. I still don't get it and most likely never will. (Not that I have to, Ayla isn't my child).
Whether one believes it or not (and I don't care what others believe), I have always questioned everything. The longer this case goes on with Ayla not being found, the more I question. Until the truth comes out and the villians in this case are caught, I will continue to question and doubt most everything.
I think both sides of Ayla's family have troubles and neither side is above being questioned about Ayla being missing. I've never believed Trista was a saint and Justin the devil. Neither do I think that Justin is a saint and Trista the devil. They both have their issues and someone in the middle of their issues is a missing child.
I have no reason to want any certain outcome, there is nothing in it for me if either side is involved or neither side is involved and it may truly be a stranger abduction. I keep reading all sides to see if anything new has developed. I'm only interested in the truth and I'm not sure any of us have received much of that. I've seen a lot of opinion get twisted into facts, not necessarily on purpose, but because things have been stated so long and by so many, some believe it's true. Personally, I get confused about what the facts are and what has just been repeated so much it sounds like facts. It's not easy.
I will remain open to any and all possibilities, because I just don't know the answers. If that appears like flip flopping, so be it, actually I've never come up with any theory about what happened or didn't. I have my thoughts on what is possible or not possible, but I just don't know. - KJ
KJ - given your role with MIM, that seems like the best stance to take
Delete"The longer this case goes on with Ayla not being found, the more I question."
Delete______________________
My position exactly, M-I-M. I've been in a period of "re-evaluation" myself regarding this case. Something is way off. I was firmly in the "Justin-did-it" camp...blood in the basement, a LIP, eerie silence, etc. But when I started to see what was coming out of the Reynolds' camp, my shift began.
I started to ask questions on U4A, and was essentially told to get lost. Why? This is about a missing toddler, not pride and ego. I have no burning desire to be "right", only a desire to have closure.
signed: a fellow flip-flopper
@Really?.... it may be the best stance to take because it's the truth about how I feel. Running the MIM page and having personal thoughts about a case, are separate (IMO). I try to keep all opinion to a minimum on that page. I started that page for information and awareness. I have another page for discussion and opinion. And yes, my opinion has been all over the place and back again, in this case.
Delete@mckeekitty.... I really start to question the information I receive, when people are moderated, blocked and deleted because they voiced their opinions. I think anyone who runs a blog, isn't necessarily going to have their opinion and information taken at face value. That's why most post links and backup information. Once Jeff and Tori merged their blogs, Jeff and the moderators should have realized that his blog would no longer attract just the Trista supporters. Visitors at the blog should be allowed to question everything said. People who are telling the truth and believe what they are saying, should have absolutely no problem with people doubting and questioning.
Most of us never knew either side of Ayla's family until this case popped in front of us in the news. Why would anyone think we would not question what others say happened or didn't happen?
This whole case reminds me of something I have always told my kids, "there is what she said, there is what he said and somewhere inbetween is the truth". All any of us are trying to do is take the "he saids" the "she saids" and try to find that truth inbetween. - KJ
Last paragraph is spot on, KJ. Exactly!
DeleteKJ
DeleteI just reread what I wrote and I did not mean it to sound rude. I hope you didn't take it that way. I was just curious if there was something recently that was discovered or didn't sit right with you.
Looking at the Facts.... No worries, I did not take it as being rude. You aren't the first to ask me that. So, I am aware of how my thoughts appear to others. I've felt myself going back and forth in my views. :) - KJ
DeleteThis is ridiculous. Immunization "schedules" aren't hard and fast. Many times kids don't get their shots at the exact time listed above for various reasons. If a kid is sick, for example, a doctor will often defer immunization to the next appt. Also, recommendations for immunizations change. And parent preferences as to whether to get certain shots or not can change. To assume that the day Ayla turned 18 months she either had all her immunizations or Trista was blameworthy in some way is about what I'd expect from this blog. Maliciousness.
ReplyDeleteIs it also malicious that Justin is being blamed for missing appointments to get Ayla vaccinations, even though she shouldn't of been due for any when he got her?
Deletesigned:getrealpeople
I will also like to throw out there that Justin just recently taking over care of his child may not have been aware of a shot schedule of a child if Trista failed to inform him. Two months is a very short time to get you feet wet so to say in learning to care for a child. My son in law is 21 and has been his sons life from birth and I am sure he can not tell you what shots his son needs and when he needs them. This is not due to neglect it is just because he does not know. Trista chose not to involve or even notify Justin from Ayla's birth so she took on the responsibility of Ayla's care on her own. It was her responsibility to make Justin aware of when Ayla was due for shots and not 1 hour before an appointment.
DeleteI know I'm not blaming Justin, if in fact Trista was behind on Ayla's immunizations. If she missed the 12 month immunizations, then she was absolutely behind. The 18 month ones were not behind. 13 days passed from Oct 4 - Oct 17. That is not considered behind. The doctor office themself could have scheduled it that far out. Appointments are not made exactly on the childs 18 month birth mark. Sometimes I'm sure it works out that way, but often times not. The doctor office can't reschedule other patients just because Ayla was turning 18 months on a certain day. Some doctors offices book appoinents months in advance. If you call too close to when you want your appointment, you are not going to get it, you will have to wait - take the next available.
DeleteLooking, I understand your point, but that is not being responsible (on Justins part, Im not getting into your personal life regarding your son in law, thats not my business). From the time a baby is born, they need many doctor appointments. Just because the baby is "new", and a parent is a new parent, they don't miss dr appointments. They figure out when the baby needs to go. They don't just say oh well, I'm new, I didn't know.
Anyway, if Anon could say whether the appointment in Oct was for the 18 or 12 month immunizations, that would help. Plus Id still like to know how long DHHS was involved with Trista and for what.
You're talking about things that are irrelevant. The doctor's office could have scheduled anything, but Ayla was seen on October 5. She was given a flu shot then, why not give her the rest of her immunizations?
DeleteHer appointment was not for a flu shot.
Obscure, maybe some dr offices do that, but I do know that some do not. If a child is coming in for a "sick visit" (sick, injured, etc.) which is anything besides a "well visit" (physical, immunizations, etc.), the office will usually not allow the "well visit", to be added on. The visit is for a sick visit, that is that. The office can not just add on well visits to everyone coming in for something else. They would be at the office 16 hours, instead of 8. Thats the way it is, I know for a fact, at at least some dr offices. They will specifically tell the parent to make an appointment, or keep the appointment if they have one scheduled already. A flu shot is different than a complete well visit and immunizations. Yes if the flu shot is available, they will give the child that.
DeleteAnyway, maybe it is irrelevant, idk. The most important thing Id like to know is if she received her 12 month shots.
The well visit for an 18 month old would consist of asking the parent questions and looking at the baby? I would assume the same was done on this visit, since the bruise was found in that area.
DeleteWhy would a baby who is behind on shots be given a flu shot as priority? I get what you're saying---but it doesn't make sense to me.
It wouldn't be a big deal, if she had an appoinent for the 18 month shots.
DeleteI understand what you're saying also. If the baby was there, they could just give her the immunizations, but realistically, they don't do it that way. A sick visit is a sick visit. I'm telling you the truth, no matter how silly it sounds. But yes your right, it doesn't really matter I guess. I'm really just concerned as to whether Ayla was actually really behind on her immunizations, from 12 months, because to me, that would show neglect.
The only reason I keep bringing up the types of visits, is to explain why the dr office may NOT have given Ayla her shots. Thats the only reason I can see. I'm sorry if it seems stupid, but it's true.
Probably the office didn't have 1.)time to cram it all into one 15 min. visit and 2.) since Ayla was there for an abnormal gait maybe they didn't want to give her more immunizations in her thighs...might not help the pain and all...just saying. Why the flu shot and not the others? Perhaps it was more pressing to get the vaccine in prior to the onset of the flu season..esp. if she needed 2....JMHO on the appointment-vaccine-gate.
Deletegetreal said:
ReplyDelete"Also, Ayla does not have the same doctor each time she is brought to Maine Medical Center, Trista is on welfare. In case you didn't realize, Trista does not have a job, she lives off of the state (taxpayers money)."
Is that a doctors office, or a hospital? Most doctor offices have multiple doctors. You can only see "your" doctor if you are available when he/she is available. If you are sick, you get whoever you get. So welfare or not, thats the way it works anyway. Regardless Maine Medical Center would have Ayla's records and immunization record.
Did Justin supply health insurance for Ayla? Before or after October 17? Or was he using welfare/tax payer money as well? There's really no need to get personal like that, but since you brought it up, I'm curious.
Another dimension, via supposition. The Blog title and opening statement (assumed factual)...
ReplyDelete"Is This Another LIE?"
"It has been said time and time again that Justin missed 3 appointments for immunizations."
Supposition: It's possible that nobody is telling a lie about any one fact.
If Ayla's immunizations were up to date (assume yes), and only the 18 month series was needed, Trista may have told Justin about that, and made the appt for him. Maybe Justin needed to reschedule the appt because it interfered with his schedule. That's one missed appt. Maybe Justin had to reschedule again due to changes in his schedule. That's two missed appts. Maybe Justin had to cancel that appt, frustrated, and decided to wait until other issues settle down before he rescheduled another appt. That's three missed appts.
It all depends what spin you want to put on the puny facts that surround all of our everyday lives. That's what creates a web of deceit. There are always three responses - yes, no, and it's not that simple. Just sayin...
posted by pogamen 9/1/2012
I don't always know for sure what you're talking about pogamen, but that makes sense.
DeleteI agree, it's a pretty lucid thought!:)
DeleteAgreed.
DeleteI agree it could have happened that way Pogaman or maybe Ayla was not up to date on her immunizations an appt was scheduled and the only one that was missed was due to car trouble. He then called and rescheduled. And the rest of the missed appts were due to Trista. Just another thought.
DeleteI don't think that would really make sense Joe. If Justin called, himself, to reschedule, than he would have known when the next/rescheduled appointment was - it then wouldn't be Trista's fault.
DeleteIt's my understanding that he was given one hour notice, while Trista was still in rehab, therefore he could not make it - understandable. Then, he once again was given short notice, while driving to Ayla's arm appointment - understandable, but he should have found out ahead of time when exactly it was and also Trista should have told him way before that (so, both at fault IMO).
The next reschedule, idk? They were not on the same page I guess. She should have told him ahead of time when the appointments were, and/or he should have scheduled them himself or found out ahead of time when they were.
That sounds like they were both "at fault", but really just miscommunications.
More importantly, which shots were due? 12 or 18 month? If 12, then that is irresponsible and wrong, on Tristas part. If 18 month, then she really wasn't behind, as of October. I just don't understand why either one of them didn't take the bull by the horns, make a convenient appointment, and bring the child for her shots.
You don't make sense. How are they both at fault? How is Justin supposed to know about appts that Trista had set up that she did not inform him of? That is Trista's responsibility to inform Justin. Now I would agree that yes Justin is responsible checking what Ayla needs done and making sure that happens. But what is being said is that Trista did not tell him that. She was handing over care she should have done so.
DeleteIt could be, if Ayla was even behind on vaccinations, that either parent played a part in it.
DeleteBut, you have to look at the fact that Trista had Ayla at the Pediatric Clinic (MMC) on the 5th of October, for her abnormal gait. (This is a patient record she has posted on the internet. Is it the original, we don't know.) At this time, Trista ask that Ayla and Raymond, both get their flu shots. The clinic would certainly check to see what vaccinations Ayla (and Raymond), were due for. Wouldn't they go ahead and give Ayla all the vaccinations she needed at that time. Why give one and make the parent come back for the others. I can't imagine a pediatric clinic telling a parent, "your child also needs these vaccinations, but we'll only give her this one today, you have to reschedule for the rest of them". No, I believe they'll take the extra few minutes and get the child up to date, they don't know when, or if, the parent will reschedule another appointment. And why wouldn't a parent go ahead and take care of the other vaccinations their child needs.
None of what Trista/Jeff says, makes any sense to me.
JMO
signed:getrealpeople
It's not a big catastrophe when a child gets behind on their vaccinations. All he would have to do is get records of the ones she's had, and make up a schedule with a doctor's office to get the rest of the series she needs done.
DeleteMany parents opt against certain or all vaccinations, and others will spread them out over a longer period of time in order to not tax their immune system with so many at one time. There are no set rules, and it's quite flexible, which many people don't realize because so many doctors won't deviate from what the CDC recommends. It's more convenient for them to get them done on the schedule.
Michelle, I understand what you are saying, but Trista did ask for a flu vaccine while at the Pediatric Clinic? Did she not realize Ayla needed other immunizations at that time, or was Ayla up to date? I think if Trista refused other vaccines at that time, it would have been noted in Ayla's medical record.
DeleteI also agree, "many doctors won't deviate from what the CDC recommends. It's more convenient for them to get them done on the schedule." That is why I think the clinic would inform Trista of other immunizations Ayla is due, and give them the same day.
signed:getrealpeople
signed:getrealpeople
@Michelle, that's true---but vaccines that require 2 doses at different times can only be spaced out so far---before the kid has to start the entire series over.
Delete@Joe - My comment was based on supposition, not what I believe to be true. I believe the truth is closer to the statements made by Anon (above). Anon's statements, because of the wording, aren't easy to follow sequentially, but the truth is in Anon's words. Everyone is already forgetting that Ayla's leg muscle issue was discussed between Trista and Dr.'s office by phone. There's probably medical notes recorded from that phone call.
DeleteI'm just saying, Trista/Jeff are exaggerating everything (book and movie deals), but I see some exaggeration for the benefit of Justin D also. No, not so much exaggeration - I see people hiding behind him. That may not be the cause in reality, but that's how it appears to an outsider looking in.
Trading an opportunity to win a million dollars for closure in Ayla's case is a small sacrifice to make, costing nothing.
This conversation is so confusing... I agree with 'getrealpeople'. I can't recall if anyone said Ayla was behind in her immunizations to begin with. I do believe Justin didn't have her shot record, though.
posted by pogamen 9/2/2012
No, I wouldn't believe you. I would ask you questions, to try to figure out if you knew for sure. Anon continues to state things as "Fact". Some people then simply thank Anon. Who is Anon? Idk. Maybe someone who knows Justin? What else is there to do, besides ask questions, especially if I should not immediately believe someone. I'm still waiting for answers anyway though.
ReplyDeleteI can not answer all your questions. I think even if I could or tried there would just be more. I do understand people being curious but even I only know some of the facts. So I can only tell you what I know. And I firmly believe that it does not matter whether you know my name or I am anon. You will believe me or you won't.
ReplyDeleteJustin did schedule another appt for Ayla that I can answer. Justin did only get an hours notice in regards to an appt for Ayla from Trista that Trista had scheduled. That was while she was in rehab. Sorry I do not know the exact date. And another missed appt was when they were in route to an appt for her arm check up. Trista informed Justin Ayla had another appt scheduled during the same time of the arm appt. So Ayla had to miss the other appt because obviously she could not make both.
The point of the post was that although Trista/Jeff go to great lengths to point out that Justin missed appts it was actually Trista who caused the missed appts. They also included the WIC appts as missed appts. But Justin informed Trista from the start that he did not intend to receive WIC for Ayla so he would not need those appts.
These are the only answers I have. And they are fact. But like everything on here or anywhere for that matter you just have to decide if it is true. If I am real just like anyone on the internet could not be real I guess. Or make up whatever they want.
thank you again, anon - I believe you
ReplyDeleteSo the question I have is why would Trista & Jeff go to such lengths to show Justin in a bad light? Especially if he was not at fault? Why have they from the beginning gone to such lengths to do so?
ReplyDeleteBecause they blame him maybe. Very good explanations of missed appointments and very logical reasoning. Its common for people to reschedule appointments and it sounds to me like trista may have even been the one to reschedule the first missed appointment.
ReplyDeleteJust replying to the original post- Trista *was* behind on the immunizations and one of the documents we've seen indicates that. So for all the shouting Jeff and company did about it... the appointment would not have existed if Trists had not missed several (or failed to schedule them) in the first place. And I apoogize if I'm re-making someone else's point. Just didn't have time to read this morning. Oh- and if it has not been mentioned already: another one of the appointments was a W.I.C. appt (woman, infants, children) and was not an appointment for Justin to go to anyway. The purpose is to maintain food vouchers for Trista to buy food for Ayla. But Justin wasn't using the vouchers- and he was the one with custody so the vouchers couldn't legally have continued to be given to Trista under those circumstances.
ReplyDeleteAlso- it's been stated that Trista called with an hour till appt. Time to mention the vaccination CATCH UP appointment. The drive was an hour and a half and he had no prior notice in order to plan for it. Even if he'd left right that second they would have missed that appointment. It's simply convenient for those people to use it in their pile -on of imagined wrong doings.
DeleteSo the appointment in October, that Justin was only given an hours notice for, was for Ayla's 12 month immunizations?
DeleteSo did someone, anyone, end up making sure Ayla got caught up on her immunizations?
If Trista was so far behind, did Justin get it straightened out?
There IS a medical document from when Trista took Ayla in regarding her pulled muscle (or something) that the doctor wrote in that Ayla was already quite behind on her immunizations. His was prior to Justin taking custody. And remember... Trista did ASK Justin to take care of Ayla after police were involved in her fist fight with Jessica in front of the children. So Trista did not suspect any kind of abuse or else a sane and reasonable mother would not then ask that parent to take her baby for any amount of time under any circumstances. The spin comes from Trista and her family after the fact. In her initial interviews Trista states she doesn't think Justin would ever harm Ayla. And I apologize for restating what had already been said. I see upon coming back and reading the comment thread that someone had addressed it already.
Deletehooper - I haven't seen the documentation that states that Ayla was quite behind on her immunizations. Do you have the link for that?
DeleteSpace, I think she is referring to the doctor's report where it says something like "Added New Problem: Immunizations"
DeleteNot sure if that refers to the flu shots or other immunizations.
Thanks Obscure, I saw that part but didn't get what hooper was saying from it.
DeleteThanks for your reply Anon. I was not questioning who you are, and expecting an answer. Someone wanted to know why I would believe you.
ReplyDeleteWas the first missed appointment (that we've been talking about in October, when Trista was in rehab) for Ayla's 12 or 18 month immunizations?
No problem. I know you were not questioning who I was. I am not sure about the timing of all the appts. I know one of the appts was when Trista was in rehab. Because she called Justin from rehab to tell him of the appt. Do not know the exact date.
ReplyDeleteAnd I do not know what the appt was for sorry.
OT: I found this interesting. This from Trista's interview with Matt Lauer:
ReplyDelete"Reynolds, who lives 75 miles away in South Portland, claimed she and DiPietro had an agreement that he would take care of Ayla when she entered a 10-day rehabilitation program in October for an alcohol issue. Other media reports have suggested that child welfare services removed Ayla from her home and gave her to DiPietro when Reynolds entered the program, which she completed. Reynolds did not see Ayla for the first 2½ weeks after finishing the rehab program, and last saw her child on Nov. 21, she told Lauer.
"She disputed reports that she filed for sole custody of Ayla a day before she disappeared, telling Lauer she filed for “parental rights and responsibilities, and that’s it.’’ She also denied having anything to do with Ayla going missing.
______________________________________
This from the AP:
WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — The mother of a missing 20-month-old girl in Maine says she'd filed paperwork seeking sole custody of the toddler a day before her daughter went missing.
Trista Reynolds told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday that she and Ayla Reynold's father have been unable to get along in the last few weeks and parent together. She says she didn't tell the father, Justin DiPietro, that she'd filed the court paperwork Thursday.
__________________________________
So, which is it...sole custody or "parental rights and responsibilites?" Why allow the father that you suspect of abusing and withholding your child access to your child? More importantly, why settle for "parental rights"...who did Trista expect to have physical custody of Ayla? Sounds to me that Trista was fine with Ayla living with Justin...she just wanted to exercise her parental rights to see her daughter.
Sole custody was mentioned several times in the earliest news articles and tv reports. I've only ever heard or seen Trista say parental rights and responsibilities in interviews or direct quotes that I've seen. There could be others of which I'm not aware.
DeleteTrista also told Nancy Grace that she was being secretive about the filing and told the Today show that she was not being secretive about it. At some point she said the reason she filed is that Justin had told her earlier that week that he was going to file.
DeleteEve...you are correct. I searched for a direct quote from Trista re: sole custody and could not find one. The closest I got was this:
DeleteEarlier today, Trista Reynolds revealed she had filed to receive full custody of the girl just prior to her disappearance from her father's home.
Reynolds says she filed paperwork Thursday to receive full custody of her daughter one day before the tot went missing, but says she had not told the girl's father.
"Her father had no idea. He didn't know I went to file … he'll know now, but I never told him and no one told him," she said.
______________________________
But when I reviewed Trista's Timeline, she clearly states that she petitioned the court on December 15 for "parental rights and responsibilites."
Thanks for the clarification.
Man, the media can really screw up details...
This is the transcript from Nancy Grace
DeleteGRACE: I think I understand what you`re saying. With me is the mom and the grandfather. Trista Reynolds, did the dad have any idea that you went to court, on your own, no lawyer, nobody helping you, to seek full custody of the baby?
TIRSTA REYNOLDS, AYLA REYNOLDS` MOTHER (via telephone): No. I did not tell Justin that I was going to the court to file. Now, me and him had had the discussion within that week that he told me himself that he was going to file the custody papers against me. So I decided to go and file against him.
GRACE: All right. So he did not know, then? In your mind, he did not know that you had filed the papers?
TIRSTA REYNOLDS: No, I wanted him not to know that I was filing --
GRACE: Why? Why didn`t you want him to know?
TIRSTA REYNOLDS: Why didn`t I want him to know?
GRACE: Right.
TIRSTA REYNOLDS: Because he`s vindictive. He`s very verbally abusive towards me and anything that I say or do, he refuses to let me see my daughter, he`s refused to let me talk to her. I mean, he has never, like, once since he`s had her, since October 17th, had let me have her for one single day. So, I decided that it was time to do this the legal way and let a judge say who this child should be with. And my daughter does deserve to be with me. I`m the one who`s raised her for 18 months.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ng.01.html
Ahh...thank you for refreshing my memory. I looked over the transcripts from this link. Here's more that validates that Trista was seeking SOLE custody of Ayla.
DeleteGRACE: So you went all on your own without even a lawyer to help you, trying to get custody. Why, Trista, were you trying to get full custody?
REYNOLDS: Because her father has never had anything to do with her up until I needed to go and get a little bit of help for myself. And then when I left my daughter with my sister, that`s when he decided, You know what? I`m going to take Ayla.
_______________________________
Trista conveniently makes no mention of her arrangement for Justin to care for Ayla.
Trista went to the courthouse on Friday December 15th, 2011 and filed a form requesting parental rights and responsibilities. There was a news program that showed the document and if you pause the frame on that second of footage you can read it and see Tristas signature.
DeleteSome states do not call it "custody". Idk if Maine does or doesn't. Does anyone know?
DeleteMckeekitty said: "So, which is it...sole custody or "parental rights and responsibilites? Why allow the father that you suspect of abusing and withholding your child access to your child? More importantly, why settle for "parental rights"...who did Trista expect to have physical custody of Ayla?"
DeleteIt is very easy, via the internet, to find information regarding how child custody issues are handled in the state of Maine. The information is readily available to the public. Once paternity is established, BOTH parents have the right to access to their child. Even though Trista suspected possible abuse, it would have likely taken several months for the DHHS to conduct an investigation and possibly intervene unless the abuse was so blatantly obvious.
It is not called "custody" in the state of Maine. It is called "Parental Rights and Responsibilities". Regarding Trista's response when Nancy Grace asked her about seeking "full custody", there are two types of custody--legal custody and physical custody. ALL custody issues regarding the children of unmarried parents are resolved through the filing of "Parental rights and Responsibilities" in the state of Maine. Trista could very well have been seeking full legal custody of Ayla at the time she filed for "parental rights and responsibilities" with shared physical custody of Ayla. Or, alternatively Trista could have been seeking both full legal and physical custody of Ayla. Unless we are privy to the actual court filing, at this time it is merely speculation on the public's part.
@Veronica 9/2/12 3:31 PM - who wrote... Trista went to the courthouse on Friday December 15th, 2011 and filed...'
DeleteDecember 15, 2011 was a Thursday :}
for those who haven't seen it - parental rights and responsibilities form Trista filed
Deletehttp://aylareynolds.com/anon/pprr.pdf
The order of the court awarding parental rights and responsibilities must include the following:
Delete(1) Allocated parental rights and responsibilities, shared parental rights and responsibilities or sole parental rights and responsibilities, according to the best interest of the child as provided in subsection 3.
from: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/19-a/title19-asec1653.html
Thank you very much for providing this information!
DeleteDipitrio? Violette "Lane." Sweet Mary...is it too much to ask that you know the spelling of your child's father's name or the accurate address where your child resides?
This document is not clear to what Trista was seeking from the courts.
Are there some missing pages from the filing perhaps? Maybe this pdf file only shows what the public is allowed to see, and the remaining information is sealed--as it really should be, in my opinion.
DeleteOT
ReplyDeleteI was recently reading a news (political) article, and the comments, and somebody commented on comments not being posted.
They said, that if you post several comments in a row, starting with @, they will start to go to the spam folder. Obscure, that's what happened with me, and you found my posts in your spam folder.
Anyway, just FYI :)
signed:getrealpeople
ha, thanks for letting us know that!
Delete:)
Deletesigned:getrealpeople
I'm sorry for being off-topic, but it's relevant in that I think we all care about the welfare of infants and babies. The recent murder of the infant, Brooklyn, in Maine by a ten year old was bad enough, but as the story unfolds it's becoming clear how not only so many adults failed this baby, but that DHHS and MSP seem to be, well, not as aggressive as they seemingly should be.
ReplyDeleteWould love your thoughts but here's the link to the article where you can comment.
Maine has problems...
Team Truth - horrible!
DeleteMaine has problems just like every other state. But the 10 year old killing the 3 month old is just horrible all the way around. You're right, the baby was failed by almost everyone. In my opinion---her own mother included.
DeleteA coincidence, the deceased baby was born on April 4. =(
Obscure, I didn't spot that coincidence. I'm a woman of science, but that seems extra weird and creepy to me!
DeleteYes, all states have problems, but I am starting to see a culture of neglect here in Maine as opposed to some isolated incidents.
Ayla and Brooklyn have opened my eyes.
Everywhere has problems, not just Maine. Relatively speaking, Maine has less of this type of crime and activity then more populated states. Two cases cause you to think that Maine has a culture of neglect? Protecting children starts at home. How many family members and how many close friends knew about abuses and dangers and said nothing? Yes the police and DHHS were definitely lacking in the case of Brooklyn, where it seems an incident happened prior to Brooklyn's death. Sadly, the parent of the 10 year old was told to not allow her to be around infants, but who enforced that to make sure it was followed? Unfortunately, laws rule what LE and DHHS can or cannot do. It's also not always easy to know what the future holds. Looking back it is easy to see what should have been done, not so easy looking ahead. JMO
Delete"Two cases cause you to think that Maine has a culture of neglect?"
DeleteNo, I have inside information from my past profession that made me privy to what goes on behind many closed doors, but that was many years ago. Much has changed since then, in my opinion. The culture of neglect that is new to me is that I have never seen so many systems fail, and in that I include family and friends. Only because of Ayla and now Brooklyn am I realizing just how broken it all is as I research and learn more about the absence of adequate protections on all levels.
However, the important question in my mind isn't "Is Maine better or worse off than other states" but "How can I/we make Maine a safer place for children?"
OMG! Obscure, please delete my comment 9/2/12 3:23 PM. I got the dates wrong, thought they were both in July!
Deletesigned:getrealpeople
"How can I/we make Maine a safer place for children?"
DeleteTeam Truth.... good question!
M-I-M, thank you, but I keep trying to find a good answer.
DeleteWhen I lived next to a drug abusing mother years ago and she neglected her little boy, I often was the one running outside telling him to put on shoes and a coat. I tried to instill some self-esteem in him by making sure I smiled at him and said kind things to him whenever I saw him. I made calls to DHHS as needed. Then one day they upped and moved when they lost the house and I heard that she abandoned him and her other two older kids in an apartment. Just left with her boyfriend one day. I don't know the rest of the story. I think about him, still.
It's a helpless feeling knowing so many kids are in harm's way.
Has anyone else noticed that Jeff says Justin missed 4 appointments 3 for immunizations and one for a follow up for the fracture and that is why Trista filed? Well it is possible he missed immunizations the 2 we have discussed that Trista gave short notice of and also possible another Trista made but we do not know if Justin was maybe in the process of switching to a doctor closer to Waterville since it would not make much sense to drive all the way to Portland in the winter for a well visit. The thing that sticks out to me the most is according to Trista's timeline Justin went to every follow up fracture visit because he picked her up the only one that was missed was the one originally scheduled for the 8th and then rescheduled to the 16th by the receptionist. This one was not missed until after Trista filed so that can not be the reason.
ReplyDeleteNovember 12 Ayla seen in the ER for fracture told to be seen on Monday with ortho in Portland
November 14 seen by Ortho told to come back in one week for a followup Xray
November 21 follow up basically healed Appointment scheduled for the 8th that was then rescheduled for the 16th by doctor(note made on the November 21 appointment record of December 16 appointment.)
Drugs, alcohol and children do not mix. Children have a way of trying even the most diligent and loving parent who is not under the influence of anything. If anyone is in the position of knowing or seeing a family who has young children and parents who are under the influence, that person should say something. If concerned about directly confronting the parent, then call the cops. Keep calling everytime you see an issue. EVERYTIME. These children don't have their parent keeping them safe if they are drunk....or high. Interfere. Be the person who has the courage to say and do something. If any of us know something that is not right and we do something about it, maybe we can help the children in our communities.
ReplyDeleteI hope someone is keeping a very close eye on Trista again then.
DeleteTrista told Nancy Grace she filed for custody because earlier in the week Justin told Trista he was going to file.
DeleteTrista strikes me as having the maturity of a turtle.