Dee says:
The FBI was called in but left fairly quickly, deciding that no abduction took place. Early searches mostly focused on water. At that point the blood had been found but it was not known who it belonged to. So what caused the FBI to discount abduction and leave so quickly and for searchers to be looking in places where an alive Ayla could not be? Cadaver dog hit(s). I don’t find it that strange that it wasn’t announced if there was a hit in the shed, garage or basement. MSP has been very tight lipped with everything in this case, releasing only bits and pieces of info.
My original post, in part:
Tuesday, Dec. 20---DiPietro releases a statement through Waterville police saying he doesn't know what happened to Ayla. Investigators drain a section of Messalonskee Stream to look for clues, and they examine garbage bins, garages, backyards, ball fields and wooded areas near the home. FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team canvasses Waterville neighborhoods. Police say "it's still a missing-child case" and report that they've received more than 100 tips.
CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children. They work with state and local law enforcement to protect and save the lives of innocent children.
So, just because the FBI came and left does not mean that they ruled out abduction at that point; it could mean that Ayla's abduction/disappearance does not fit the scope of cases they usually handle (ie. Ayla was abducted by a FAMILY member). Aside from that, this particular unit of the FBI works to rapidly recover children, you would not expect to see long-term involvement from them. They supplement the local police department...See how people like Dee just make up things and provide no rationale? Even if I'm wrong, I have linked you directly to the FBI site, so you can follow my logic. I love not being a cult member.
Ummm...I think Dee thinks very well for herself...she is no "cult member."
ReplyDeleteDeep down, I think the DiPietros are involved...I just don't like the manner in which conclusions are reached over at U4A. Contagious hysteria has gripped that blog.
We learn nearly a year later that Justin called Derek prior to 911? The source of this???? I'm sure LE has all the cell/landline records from that fatefuly morning, and the days prior.
I don't always agree with Dee, but I DO know this: she cares deeply for Ayla. It is posters like "addie" I take issue with...
She may not be. The cult member comment referred to ALL posting along those lines. There were others discussing the FBI's involvement, but I used her comment for a point of reference. She makes statements of fact, that are not, in fact, facts. LOL
ReplyDeleteFrom MY perspective, Dee and Addie are the same type of people---in Dee's further comments, she goes on to validate the phone call between Justin and Derek as though she has firsthand knowledge that it actually occurred. I despise that.
I have said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again:
GROUP THINK IS A PLURALITY OF IGNORANCE!
"Group Think is a Pluarality of Ignorance!"
Delete_____________
Totally agree, Obscure. I just don't put Dee and Addie in the same category...at all. I think Dee straddles both sides of the fence in a spirit of genuine human conflict.
Yeah...I was stunned that Dee took the phone call between Justin and Derek as fact based on no verifiable source. Not like her. But Dee makes some very valid points that allows room for good discussion, and I appreciate that.
"Addie" and a few others have gone off the deep end as of late. A runaway train of hysteria and vicious accusations. I was disappointed that Dee engaged in the fray. But Dee is no Stepford Wife...
OT: Not that I expect you to give a shit about me, Obscure, but I just came off three days of jury duty deliberations last week. Ayla's case and this blog made me look at "reasonable doubt" in a whole new light.
For that I thank you.
I agree Mckee....Dee is not the "stepford" that the other women at U4A are. She seems to be carefully choosing what she says so as to not rock the boat and get herself booted. It's like walking a tightrope over there. You have to make it sound as though you agree with what they are whipping themselves into a frenzy over. Any disagreement has to be carefully worded so they don't think you disagree. If you note Dee had posted the other day about Trista and her acceptance of some guilt in this whole mess and shortly there after MM and either Chicky or CG jumped all over her for blaming Trista for Ayla's disappearance....she tried to fix it by better explaining herself and managed to smooth the ruffled feathers for the time being. This is pretty much why I read only over there and comment here.
Deleteoaklandrez
I will never understand the behavior you describe oaklandrez...
DeleteThank you kitty and oakland. No, I am not a Stepford wife. I have a brain and I know how to use it. I may have jumped in on the Derek before 911 call post at UFA before thinking it all through, but whatever. I'm just so tired of seeing people getting away with making their defenseless kids go poof. I have come to believe that Justin is responsible for what happened to Ayla, that Ayla is no longer alive and that she may never be found. I have come to this opinion by reading all statements by MSP, statements from all parties involved when available, various blogs including this one and UFA and my own knowledge, logic and intuition from following other cases like this one. This is all just my opinion and not a statement of fact. (That was for you Obscure lol)
DeleteOak - I really thought they'd understand what I was saying about Trista accepting her part in the events leading up to Ayla's disappearance. It's a good thing that she seems to realize the trouble past behavior has caused because if she recognizes it then she can change it. Surprisingly John P was the only one who seemed to understand.
Dee...like Oak, I also thought you stated a sound opinion on Trista accepting a degree of responsibility in this mess. A parent under the influence is not in a position to make arrangements for her child while "away"...
DeleteI always enjoy your posts, Dee. I like your clarity of thought and methodology. And I thought this was very well put:
"I have come to believe that Justin is responsible for what happened to Ayla, that Ayla is no longer alive and that she may never be found. I have come to this opinion by reading all statements by MSP, statements from all parties involved when available, various blogs including this one and UFA and my own knowledge, logic and intuition from following other cases like this one."
I tend to agree with the majority of your conclusions, Dee. What trips me up, however, are Trista's contradictory statements of the past. Weird. Just weird. Something is amiss, IMO.
Shit, Dee. I just caught your post on U4A re: the loss of your nephew to an impaired driver. I'm so very sorry.
DeleteThanks Kitty. It sucks and still hurts 7 years later.
DeleteSorry for your loss Dee.
DeleteThe talk of bath salts makes me think of diminished capacity--however, I don't think Justin was using them, nor do I think he is partially guilty of any crime.
I agree with mckitty. I think that they are involved but I also think she could b alive.
ReplyDeleteThey are so involved in what happened to this beautiful little girl and for the life of me I can not understand why someone won't come forward and bring an end to this tragedy. . . . heartless sob's
ReplyDelete"So, just because the FBI came and left does not mean that they ruled out abduction at that point; it could mean that Ayla's abduction/disappearance does not fit the scope of cases they usually handle (ie. Ayla was abducted by a FAMILY member)."
ReplyDeleteObscure - I have embedded the document from the link here so you can see that you have "obscured" what the purpose of the team is...
Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) Teams
It is the mission of the FBI's Crimes Against Children Unit to provide a quick and effective response to all incidents of crimes against children. The first few hours after a child is abducted are critical, and that is why we have established the Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) Teams.
The CARD Teams are designed to deploy teams of 4-6 experienced personnel to provide on-the-ground investigative, technical, and resource assistance to state and local law enforcement. The CARD Teams consist of Crimes Against Children investigators who have in-depth experience in child abduction cases. The nationwide CARD Team consists of 60 members, with two full teams serving each region of the country. They work closely with FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit representatives, National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime Coordinators, and Crimes Against Children Coordinators.
In addition to their unique expertise, CARD Teams are capable of quickly establishing an on-site command post to centralize investigative efforts and operations. Other assets they bring to the table include a new mapping tool to identify and locate registered sex offenders in the area, national and international lead coverage, and the Child Abduction Response Plan to guide investigative efforts.
CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children. They work with state and local law enforcement to protect and save the lives of innocent children.
Nowhere in their mission statement do they categorically say or even imply that they do not assist in familial abductions. They say "primarily non family". You're also making an assumption that it is a familial kidnapping. Ayla being missing would also fall under the "mysterious disappearance" category.
"GROUP THINK IS A PLURALITY OF IGNORANCE!"
Group think is an unfortunate side effect of ANY blog, especially where emotions are heightened, and that includes this blog. So it's kind of snarky to be bantering that about when your blog is under the same umbrella.
"She makes statements of fact, that are not, in fact, facts. LOL "in Dee's further comments, she goes on to validate the phone call between Justin and Derek as though she has firsthand knowledge that it actually occurred. I despise that."
Talk about obscuring the truth...I'm not making statements of fact, it's on a BLOG for Christ's sake. Am I to take it then that everything you have written here is confirmed fact, that there is no opinion inserted in body or comments on the blog? No, I didn't think so. I'm not writing a research paper, a legal brief or an incident statement. Any and all comments on a blog are the contributors own opinion and anyone who does not grasp that concept should not be contributing to or running a blog. I am not going to preface every comment with "I believe or IMO".
So go ahead and despise someone you don't know because of your preconceived notion of what's right and wrong. I just hope you can see how hypocritical you sound.
Dee...I appreciate this exchange. I did not obscure anything, I simply pointed out that they PRIMARILY deal with non-family abductions. The resources you politely posted about would not be as useful if the abductor was not a stranger. I chalk this up to semantics...just like you're saying the FBI left because it was NOT an abduction, I'm saying hold on---maybe they left because it was not a STRANGER abduction (non-familial). Either one of us could be wrong, or right. I'm pretty sure I said that I could be wrong, but I shared how I arrived at my opinion. You can call it an assumption, but it is no more of an assumption than your statement attributing the classification of this case to the FBI. We do not know who made that call, or why (that this is not an abduction). All I'm saying is that when people like you say things as if they are facts, it muddies the waters.
DeletePeople here do not engage in group think. If you cannot see the differences between the dynamics of this blog and the one you frequent, then there's no point in going there with you.
You all are responsible for starting many rumors, introducing many mistruths, and completely making up things---but when called out, you all say the same thing---"it's my opinion." I'm from Texas, and around here, we simply call that what it is--bullshit.
Also, for the record, I never said I despise YOU, I said I despise what you did and what you all continue to do---state things as fact even though they are not facts.
Thanks for you comment, sincerely.
*your
DeleteI'm still waiting to hear that Justin was growing a lone pot plant on his windowsill let alone engaging in bath salts...
ReplyDeleteDee...thanks for that FBI information.
Obscure...I do believe you are sincere about Dee's comment contributing to a healthy exchange. This is an intense case, and some of us have conflicting emotions and opinions that fluctuate. Honestly, I find Dee's comments on U4A quite benign when stacked against the general tone of the U4A blog. I truly appreciate Dee's comments...almost always thought-provoking, intelligent, well composed, and worthy of consideration, IMO.
If you wanted to make an example from a U4A post, Dee's would have been at the very bottom of my list.
What a coincidence...I was confused by that so I asked if it was just a general discussion or if it was related to Ayla's case. I checked back in here and saw your question. So, idk what brought it up.
ReplyDeleteThat is a coincidence...I guess we were thinking alike in that same moment, scary huh? =)
DeleteThe bath salt conversation was about as relevant as the someone was shot and killed outside the bar where Lance worked conversation. It was a tragic event and my heart goes out to the family and friends of the shooting victim. I just don't see how that tragedy has anything to do with Lance having worked there....he's not even in state for crying out loud.....
ReplyDeleteoaklandrez
LOL, Oak...right?
ReplyDeleteIt has been said that 29 Violette was a meth lab. It has been said that Ayla overdosed on Oxys. It has been said that Ayden got hold of Justin's illegal handgun and accidently shot Ayla. It has been said (by Jusin Linell no less) that Elisha would blow pot smoke on her daughter as a sleep aid. It has been said that Ayla was sold for an outstanding drug debt. It has been said that Courtney and Justin were neck-deep in drug trafficking because Courtney's sister got busted. It has been said that Phoebe was a regular at the methodone clinic. It has been said that Justin was too drunk to take Ayla to the emergency room for her arm. It has been said that Justin aspired to be Scarface and needded that 25K to fund his enterprise.
So yeah...I'm just waiting for "Justin killed, cooked, and consumed Ayla while under the influence of bath salts" and the resounding applause the comment will receive. You know its coming...
mckeekitty. you forgot to mention phoebe being seen with a blond toddler the morning hours of the aduction. she must have been hanging out with the governor to have her alibi convince LE.
ReplyDeleteHey Kadoe!
ReplyDeleteNo...I didn't forget. I was just trying to make a point about the DiPietro's extensive drug connections, dealings, usage and aspirations based purely upon pure hamster shit stemming from another blog.
Mckee....don't forget they disposed of a body in a kitty litter bag....well at least we know they all have active imaginations.
ReplyDeleteoaklandrez