---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff <Jeff@k9bikers.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: Ayla's Law
To:*****************
Grace; Trista's lawyer is Brian Hansen. 1424 Congress
St, Portland, Me., 04120 and his # is 775-9159 FAX: 774-3884
outcry call :). I'll ask Trista later today about
the Forensic astrology, better yet I will forward you e-mail to
her.
Hi Jeff,
Just a quick note to ask a few questions. First, could you give me
your attorneys name and number for my attorney?
Second, I was thinking about doing a post on forensic astrology. I
would need Trista's permission. Not for legal reasons but for
spiritual reasons. She just needs to say yes or no, she does not need to
contact me. Then I would need her birthday, time and place, and the same
for Ayla. Any birthdate info on anyone else connected to this case you
think we should look at would be very beneficial. Even if it is just the
date, not the place or time, it will be very helpful. Especially Justin,
Courtney, Elisha, Phoebe and Derek Tudela. Other helpful dates/times would
be: last known verified sighting of ayla, date and time of first 911 call, (we
call that the outcry call).
Thank you very much.
Bar Information
Mr. Brian J. Hansen Esq.
| Contact Information: |
Mr. Brian J. Hansen Esq. The Law Ofs. of Brian Hansen 1424 Congress Street Portland, ME, 04102 |
| Phone: | (207) 775-9159 |
| Fax: | (207) 774-3884 |
| Website: | |
| Registration Status: | Active | Bar Number: | 010032 |
| First Admitted to Bar: | 10/25/2006 | Law School: | Vermont-2001 |
| Admitted to Maine Bar: | 10/25/2006 | Other Jurisdictions: |
|
Does anyone else find it creepy that Jeff smiled at the term "outcry call"?
ReplyDeleteI find Jeffrey creepy all the way around...I'm supposedly biased though.
DeleteYou're not the only one, and I AM biased where he is concerned.
DeleteThanks for the info Grace, although I don't trust anything that Jeff has said.
Says in the Waterville paper Trista is getting upset with the investigators. Maybe she is getting a little nervous. Maybe they are trying to shake her up a little. They met and talked to the Dipietros with no problem. I wonder what spin John P will put on this one?
ReplyDeleteIm sure she doesnt have them wrapped around her thumb anymore. I think what she wants is Justin D to be in prison as a child killer then he gets killed in there by someone then she brings ayla back for sole custody. WHAT A PLAN.
DeleteThank goodness... if it's true Trista has a lawyer. The DiPietros have one or possibly two, that is, if Justin also has one. Talk was that he did have one of his own. Take Justin to civil court, Trista. Just as Kyron Horman's mom is taking Kyron's stepmom to civil court.
ReplyDeleteLE is waiting for the body or more hard evidence for the lily-livered Maine S.A, but in civil court we'd get sdome answers. Just as Ron Goldman's family got answers about O.J.'s guilt in his civil trial. Go Trista, you've been namby-pamby toward Justin long enough.
Only problem is, Trista has had this lawyer since April, and has done NOTHING with him, that we know of. To sue DHHS or the DiPietro's themselves, you would need a civil lawyer, not one who specializes in criminal law.
DeleteTrista could sue Derek Tudela for selling the LIP, but she hasn't.
Trista could file a complaint with the Maine Insurance Commission, but she hasn't.
Trista could finally take another lie detector test, and finally clear herself once and for all, but she hasn't.
If she has a lawyer, why hasn't she done ANYTHING besides change her stories?
Because she is in deeper than most people realize, she is not completely innocent.
DeleteI think it is a revolving door on who changes their stories the most. It seems most bloggers change their views on who will listen and agree with them. I am glad I can keep an open mind and will see, when it plays out who's story is real and who's is fiction. Most blogs are based on one person's side and do not speak the true. I can say one thing is that there are only a couple of blogs that really care about the only reason that everyone has come together and that is Ayla. It is not her mother or father that is missing, Ayla is missing and any words bashing them will not find her. Says things to look smart does not bring Ayla home. Until Ayla is found everyone is innocent. If everyone could agree on a way to find her maybe she will be found but until then, in your little world keep bashing everyone and forget why you are here. Get going in circles why Ayla's soul is never going to rest until someone finds her. I pray she is alive but with everything that the police have said it does not look good for her. May her soul find peace until then let everyone try to find her and quit the he said she said cause that is not bring Ayla home.
DeleteActually you cant sue someone for selling a life insurance policy.
DeleteIt Seems to me Grace that you are simply trying to get attention by sharing an irrelevant e-mail from EIGHT MONTHS AGO on this blog. Regarding any possible civil court filings by Trista, it could very well be that she has been advised to wait until the ACTIVE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION has been completed.
DeleteThe listing I found for Brian Hansen Attorney at Law at the address listed states that his area of law is "General Practice".....
DeleteWhat stories has she changed which would have put Trista in that house on Violette Ave. the night something happened to Ayla? Has LE EVER indicated that Trista was in or near that house? Have they ever indicated that they felt Trista was lying to them about where she was on that night? Have they ever indicated that Trista hadn't passed their questions about where she or her friends and relatives were that night? In fact, has LE ever indicated that Trista was not telling all she knew about Ayla's so-called "abduction"?
ReplyDeleteI would go with the little LE has said about this case rather than read what, you, Grace put out there with your astrological "forensics". What dog do you have in the fight, Grace? I think I know what most here on this blog are trying to do...DEFLECT from the collective guilt of the DiPietros and Co., but I don't quite get Grace's collaboration between Trista and Justin. What did they do, Grace, kill Ayla for the LP...something which I think is a huge RED HERRING in this case?
They have outright made a liar out of Trista on at least 2 occasions:
Delete1. She says no one called her before the infamous press conference, they say they called.
2. She says she's waiting for evidence from the dam/river to be shown to her, they say none of the water searches have revealed anything.
Actually 3...
DeleteShe says she's not a suspect because they have "told her things about the case"
They say NO ONE HAS BEEN RULED OUT.
Justin has made a liar of Trista many times.
DeleteAyla knows all the answers and will always love the ones that were there for her. Someday everyone else will know and she will get her justice.
ReplyDeleteThe trouble is no one was there for her when she needed them. Now it doesn't really matter other than someone may be held accountable for what they did. It won't change what happened to her, someone just may say there they paid for what they did.
DeleteWhat happened to her, Dana B?
DeleteI don't know she was either abducted, given to someone, hidden' or what LE thinks happened.personally I am praying for still alive. If she was abducted the person may be caught and punished, if taken and placed by one of the parents they will be punished along with the party hiding her.If given to someone else to raise and they are found out they will answer to the court as well. If she is no longer alive the person will never pay enough in this world. You see I am still in the middle of the road I hate people saying I know Justin killed her, and Trista is the one responsible for the disappearance because there are no real facts. Other than the people who should have been there for Ayla where not.
DeleteWhere is Jessica Reynolds again?
DeleteThese emails might show that Trista has/had a lawyer but nothing in them indicates he is serving as a criminal defense lawyer. Why would Grace need to provide Trista's lawyer's contact information to her own lawyer? What would seem more plausible is that the purpose of the two lawyers communicating would be related to Grace's book idea or Ayla's Law, which happens to be the subject of the email.
ReplyDeleteFrankly, regardless of whether Trista had anything to do with Ayla's disappearance (and I don't believe she did) she would be smart to have a lawyer on call as needed.
I would point out as well that Brian Hansen is a Katahdin Counsel Honoree - Kathdin Counsel recognizes Maine attorneys who have donated at least 50 hours per year of pro bono CIVIL services to low income Mainers.
http://www.courts.state.me.us/citizen_help/attorneys/katahdin/kcrp_2012.html
~Scout
Thank you, Scout. I believe that you just illustrated quite perfectly the idiocracy that goes by the name of 'Grace Wilson'.
DeletePerhaps Grace will tell us how she knows that this is a criminal lawyer.
DeleteIn fact, I will give her until tomorrow to let us know, or this post and all references to Trista's criminal lawyer will be deleted.
I was iffy about this topic already, and it's starting to look like a stir up for no reason.
Thanks!
For whatever it is worth...IIRC, Jeff mentioned Trista having an attorney way back when he first started his Accusations for Ayla blog. Although I think he reffered to the attorney as "our" attorney. I believe he said that they required an attorney in order to get papers from DHHS. He also made reference to conculting the attorney about what he released on the blog.
DeleteIf any of that was true???
I don't think the attorney had anything to do with a civil suit against Justin.
Obscure, you posted his phone number. I don't have to provide anything. Anyone with a phone can call. He has listings online under the categories Bankrupcty, Criminal Law, DUI/OUI and Product Liability. I don't have access to a Portland YellowPages to see what his listing is, but as a fairly new lawyer it is not uncommon to start out "general" and do lots of pro bono work to get the experience and their name out there. The burden of proof is on Trista, why would she retain someone like him and for what purpose? It wasn't for the purpose of the law or the book, as that is a specialty clearly outside of Mr. Hansen's expertise, as my media lawyer explained to me.
DeleteAsk yourselves this: With everything that has been revealed about Trista and her family, Jeff Hanson included, what kind of attorney would align themselves with them? Pro bono, maybe, but you sure haven't seen Mr. Brian Hansen making any public statements on behalf of his clients, do you?
DeleteIf he thought Trista were innocent, wouldn't this be a good way for him to drum up business?
Perhaps their relationship ended, I don't know. If Justin is guilty and Trista is completely innocent of any wrong doing, I would think she would have a good a case as Desiree Young, and if I were an attorney, I would be all over that.
Desiree Young waited a few days short of TWO YEARS to hire an attorney for a civil case against Terri Horman because the statute of limitations in the state of Oregon is two years for her to file a civil case against Terri Horman. Furthermore, the civil case has been abated at request of the MCSO and the MCDA. It is very possible that the Maine State Police has requested that Trista Reynolds wait to consider filing any civil cases while the active criminal investigation plays out.
DeleteGrace, Brian Hansen, Esq. is also listed as a Katahdin Counsel Honoree for his PRO BONO CIVIL services to low-income, Maine residents. This was already mentioned in a previous comment.
Deletehttp://www.courts.state.me.us/citizen_help/attorneys/katahdin/jag-nov.pdf
Delete"The Justice Action Group is a coalition of individuals and
organizations established in 1995 to provide leadership and coordination in
planning for the provision of civil legal aid to low-income and elderly Mainers."
Look at the first column of names listed:
"Brian J. Hansen, Portland"
Isn't it kind of obvious that Brian J. Hansen, Attorney at Law practices CIVIL law regardless of whether he also practices criminal law? Just sayin'....
So what you're saying, Grace, is that you have proof only that Trista has/had a lawyer, not that he is representing her as a criminal defense lawyer as you claim. Since you're not able to provide any proof to back up your assertion you'll just deflect by asking a bunch of questions.
DeleteThe idea that Mr. Hansen is going to chat with some random citizen who calls him asking about the extent of his representation of a client is just silly. That would be entirely unethical of him.
The burden of proof here is not on Trista. It is on the person (you) who is making claims about her.
~Scout
Scout, you are kind of deflecting too---pointing out the fact that her lawyer does pro-bono civil work relates how to whether or not he's representing Trista in that same manner. You're hoping that people will conclude that this lawyer DOES pro bono civil work, therefore he MUST have been retained by Trista to do pro bono civil work.
DeleteThe burden to prove that is on you, since you made the assertion.
I'm not buying it. And she's not asking people to call and chat about his clients. She's saying call and ask WHAT TYPES OF CASES he handles.
Not deflecting, just pointing out how it is more reasonable to assume he is/was representing Trista in some other capacity given what can be found about the lawyer online and the content and subject of the emails. The ONLY thing that would lead anyone to believe he is representing Trista in a criminal defense manner is Grace's word. Maybe she did a chart for the date, time and place they signed the contract for his services.
DeleteIt is more reasonable TO YOU, but I prefer not to make that same ASSumption. That doesn't make either of our opinions more or less reasonable in general.
DeleteI can't figure out what kind of civil suit Trista would be launching. TO ME it is unreasonable to assume that civil action would be pending against DHHS. Trista ruined her OWN case by lying in the media.
She admitted to being a druggie, and admitted that she could not care for her child. (DHHS had every reason to deem her unfit.)
She further admitted that she, herself, trusted Justin with Ayla and that he was taking good care of her. She has no knowledge as to what background checks DHHS ran or were mandated to run.
Justin is Ayla's biological father, he is not a foster care or other placement. Background checks on bio-parents are generally limited to CPS/DHHS history in this situation (that was stated by someone directly from DHHS).
Trista has spun a web of lies regarding DHHS, and she knows that confidentiality bars them from even saying they are involved with her. Once again, I'd like to point out the fact that Jeffrey said he was going to publish the DHHS records at the same time he published the medical ones. It doesn't take a GED to figure out why he has not published them.
She's not filing a suit, she has no standing.
Just because she has a lawyer doesn't mean it's black or white: criminal defense or civil suit. There are plenty of grey areas where a woman in Trista's position might need a legal advocate. Lawyers do more than just go to court.
DeleteI say, if he's any good as a criminal defense lawyer, Trista wouldn't be talking so openly to the media every time you turn around. Isn't that the first thing a criminal defense lawyer does? Get their client to stop talking?
But there are a number of reasons Trista might need a lawyer for non-criminal and non-lawsuit reasons: open records requests and appeals, media "deals", fiscal management of donations; hell, even child support issues.
I agree with you just somewhat about her filing a lawsuit against DHHS. But I'd say that it's not that she 'has no standing' I'd say that it's more that the state has immunity to such suits unless the state court gives a person permission to sue after they've reviewed the claim. We don't know if she's filed a claim for review or what but I do know if she was going to, she would need a lawyer and it would take a long time to move it forward.
Mostly, though, I'll go back to what I started with: having a lawyer on retainer means neither criminal defense or civil suit. There are plenty of other things that fall in between that could explain it. Until there's something more concrete, I am not inclined to ASSume that having a lawyer is a sign of guilt. I mean if it were, what's that say about Phoebe and Elisha?
No matter how you look at it neither parent was there for Ayla when she needed them.Neither side of the grandparents were there for Ayla when she needed them.People are human and let petty things get in the way of what is right. Tristas parents were not there when Trista needed them most for what ever reason. Justins side was not there for Trista as they had no feelings for her. Did Justin love her? I think not he wasn't there either. All that can really be said is, but for the grace of God there go everyone of us. We live in a time where it is do whatever makes you feel good. Well they all felt they were right about what they did and did not do, Ayla is the one that paid the price for their choices.
ReplyDeleteWhatever choices Trista made in her young life, Ayla disappeared ON JUSTIN'S WATCH--not Trista's.
DeleteStop making excuses for Trista. She is just as responsible for Ayla as Justin is, and her mistakes in "young life" DIRECTLY impacted her 2 children.
DeleteWhen Trista had Ayla, she was a grown ass woman. She CHOSE drugs/alcohol over her children. She CHOSE men over her children.
Don't downplay Trista's role when you don't even know what Justin's was.
Peeeevvvvvveeeed
I am not making excuses for Trista; I am simply pointing out the FACT that Justin was the responsible person for Ayla's well-being at the time of her disappearance--not Trista. Ayla disappeared from JUSTIN'S HOME AND WHILE IN JUSTIN'S CARE--not Trista's.
DeleteSemantics?
DeleteThe only fact is that she disappeared from 29 Violette Avenue. You cannot say whose care she was in.
@Anonymous 10:44
DeleteNearly 800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,185 children reported missing each day.
http://us.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2816#1
Would you stand in front of the parents of all 800,000 of these parents each year and blame them also for the fact that their child went missing while in their care? And if so God help you. I believe in life what goes around has a way of working it's way around.
Amen.
Delete"Would you stand in front of the parents of all 800,000 of these parents each year and blame them also for the fact that their child went missing while in their care? And if so God help you. I believe in life what goes around has a way of working it's way around."
DeleteEvery individual missing child case is unique. Although it is cases such as Ayla's that receive the most media and public attention, most of the 800,00 missing children each year that you are referencing are not still unaccounted for a year later. Additionally, for those missing children cases that occur because of parental abduction, how many are the result of a parent removing their child and not disappearing along with their child?
For you to make such a blanket statement to suggest that I--or anyone else--would blame the parents of 800,00 missing children is, in my opinion, ridiculous. I was obviously referring to this particular case in which a child disappeared from the inside of her father's home. In this case--Ayla Bell Reynolds disappearance--I believe that Justin DiPietro was and is responsible for his daughter's disappearance--absolutely. I have my beliefs for several reasons including the fact that law enforcement has clearly stated several times--that an abduction did not occur and that the three individuals that were allegedly in the home at the time of Ayla's disappearance are withholding information, (paraphrased).
"on Justin's watch" is a terribly overused statement - seriously, I wonder how many times in the blogs that specific phrase has been used - and it doesn't prove anything - as anon pointed out above, when a child goes missing it's obviously on someones "watch" - that in itself does not make that person guilty of anything. You are aware of this, as you further distinguished some of the reasons why you believe he's responsible.
Delete@Anonymous 10:02
DeleteYou were the one making the blanket statement. You said " Ayla disappeared from JUSTIN'S HOME AND WHILE IN JUSTIN'S CARE--not Trista's".
I heard and read nothing else in your statement. And that is what I
responded to.
As to your further explanation. I still wish you good luck with God on that one. Last I knew God did not give us the right to judge others but reserved that right. And believing something "absolutely" about someone without all the facts ,especially when law enforcement does not even know what happened, last I knew was not how this country worked either.
Ayla dissapeared while with justin.
ReplyDeleteWe all know this. The question is why?
Deletehttp://www.klaaskids.org/pg-mc-mcstatistics.htm
DeleteBased on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent), kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent), and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent).
Family kidnapping is committed primarily by parents, involves a larger percentage of female perpetrators (43 percent) than other types of kidnapping offenses, occurs more frequently to children under 6, equally victimizes juveniles of both sexes, and most often originates in the home
http://us.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2810
More than 200,000 children were were abducted by family members.
More than 58,000 children were abducted by nonfamily members.
115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/26/us-usa-missing-children-idUSBRE83P14020120426
Missing children in U.S. nearly always make it home alive
@Oneannon
DeleteThanks for pointing that out. According to National statistics when a child disappears from a parents home it is usually because a family member took her. So in this case it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who had the most motive and who has been spouting their anger to the roof tops in the last year towards the other parent..
Oneannon12/29/12 7:56 PM
ReplyDelete"Ayla dissapeared while with justin."
Heh, Oneannon, never mind! Some people do not see the elephant in the room. It is a common eye inflammation related to brain disfunction.
Please do not insult the functioning of another person's brain, while at the same time butchering the word dYsfunction.
DeleteThanks.